Rachael's Diary

rachael1

It's now day 8 of my attack phase and up to now all has gone really well. I have to admit, the only cheat I have made is eating 5 chips on Friday night, I kicked myself all night and all saturday as well. I know it really wasn't worth it and don't understand why I did it but I did :-(
I am not very adventurous with veg and salad and I am getting a bit bored. I ave lost 3.1kg since I started 6 days ago but I haven't lost anything since Friday and I think it is down to those stupid 5 chips that I pigged.
I am determined to stick to it, but I would love a full fat latte with 1 sugar or a chocolate milkshake right now.

Why on earth are you still on attack? Did the official site recommend staying on so long? It's far too long and what a shame re those chips.

Move onto Cruise soonest! And get some variety in your menus. Now that you have a diary, tell us what you're eating... and don't torment yourself with thoughts of what you CAN'T have and work on some recipes you CAN have. If your chips were Friday night, continue attack for today (Sunday) and kick off Cruise Monday. If you're out of ketosis, keep eating the protein today if you're peckish. No more slips or you're back to the drawing board :(

You can do this! Post if you're in trouble...

Hi, Rachael.

You definitely don't need to stick to Attack for 10 days. Seven days is the recommended maximum. In the book, Dr Dukan even says that, in the long run, a longer Attack phase doesn't really make much of a difference at all. Not only that, as you've already discovered for yourself, the boredom of not being able to eat any veg during Attack and lack of variety can make you more prone to slipping up and eating non-Dukan-friendly things.

Definitely agree with Jo that you should move onto Cruise immediately.

Back