Rachels SF Diary!

rachel85c

Hello everyone!

I've been doing weight watchers since January 1st and I've lost over 4stone. It really has changed my life. My older sister needed fertility treatment and had a better chance of being accepted if she was in the healthy weight section. So together we both went from obese to healthy. I still have 2 stone until I reach goal and I though simply filling seemed a much more relaxed approach to dieting. As to be honest I am quite bored of pointing everything I eat. So my option was to move over to slimming world then someone suggested this.

So my start date is tomorrow. I have a work Christmas dinner this week. So I may have to point that.

Simply Filling Start weight = 12stone 1.6lbs

1.6lbs more than yesterday but I did enjoy a steak pie, creamy mash, gravy combination last night as my pre simply filling meal :)

I do realise this is the harder time ever to start a new plan. What is everyone doing over Xmas? I can't decide wether to have a few days off and eat what I want but propoint the in between days. Or just do maintaining plan for that week.
My problem is if I make it too hard for myself (diet over Xmas) then I may eat more over frustration. I would probably eat less knowing I could have whatever I wanted.

Day 1

Breakfast

Porridge with skimmed milk and banana

Lunch
Wholemeal pasta with homemade pasta sauce and red peppers/mushrooms/onion and tuna.

Dinner
Gammon, Pineapple, new potato, beetroot, carrots

Snacks
2 Roses (There was a huge bowl on the table in my meeting so I did well for 2) 2pp
Apple, Banana, Orange

1st Day has gone well. I have crumpets if I feel like a snack later.
I also did 45min work out called
'Extreme Shed and Shred'

Last edited:
Day 2

Breakfast

Scrambled egg on toast with mushrooms

Lunch
Pasta with homemade pasta sauce and veg (same as yesterday)

Dinner
Salmon with mash and garden peas and corn on the cob. I steamed the salmon with lemon and it tasted lovely.

Snacks
Apple, banana, grapes, crumpet x 1 and an extra light cheese triangle 0pp, satay broad beans yummy 30g 4pp

Used this week 6pp
Remaining 43pp

I'm trying to save some propoints for my work night out on Friday!

No exercise today. I don't feel poorly but my head is very fuzzy and I'm finding it hard to concentrate.

I know I haven't tracked the last 2 days food. I have been busy but 100% on track. I decided I am not going to propoint today. I have had 2 x crumpet and extra light triangle for breakfast. I have soup for lunch. And fruit as snacks. But I don't want the stress of pp my Christmas work meal.

Starter - Stilton Tart with caramelised onions, honey and mustard dressing
Main - pan fried seabass with white wine velouté, roasted fennel potatoes and seasonal veg
Dessert - Orange and Chocolate cheesecake.

Rather than propoint the meal I am going to enjoy it, have a few drinks and continue on plan tomorrow.

Wow - Christmas dinner was tasty.

Today I have had another Simply Filling day.

Breakfast
I made this cool recipe I saw in a magazine. A pot with baked beans, then an egg (I have 2) on top and then bread crumbs. It was nice. No different to egg and beans but the effort of doing it in a pot made it different.

Lunch
Olives (2pp) avocado (3pp) lettuce, tuna, tomato, cucumber, spring onion. And a 2 ww wrap

Dinner
Carrot and potato fries with garlic mayo (1pp) chicken wrapped in bacon and beetroot

Snacks
Apple, my grapes were mouldy :( so no grapes. I made orange icecream with light choices yogurt. Latte made with skimmed milk. I also tried these SF cookies! Which where actually okay and free. But maybe next time I'll add a few extra pp ingredients to make them a bit more interesting.

I had a sneaky WI this morning as I thought my Xmas meal last night would have made me gain a lot. But I'm actually 2lbs less than last Monday morning. So hoping for 2.5lbs my Monday :)

Last edited:
Hi Rachel, well done on the loss - that's really really fab with a works meal out too. Great stuff!

Your food all sounds great :)

Back