rajaha coconut milk

gonnabesmall

is doin this
can anyone confirm the syns on this please ive worked it out to be 9.5 for the whole tin,hope thats right

Nutrition Facts

Rajah - Coconut Milk

1. Servings: 100 ml 1 ml 1 container (400 mls ea.)
Calories47Sodium13 mgTotal Fat21 gPotassium220 mgSaturated19 gTotal Carbs3 gPolyunsaturated0 gDietary Fiber0 gMonounsaturated0 gSugars0 gTrans0 gProtein2 gCholesterol0 mg Vitamin A0%Calcium2%Vitamin C2%Iron26

Calories47Sodium13 mgTotal Fat21 gPotassium220 mgSaturated19 gTotal Carbs3 gPolyunsaturated0 gDietary Fiber0 gMonounsaturated0 gSugars0 gTrans0 gProtein2 gCholesterol0 mg Vitamin A0%Calcium2%Vitamin C2%Iron26%

Ive discovered - Coconut essence. Ive bought it from the Indian food shop. I put a few drops of this in my curry and mix in fromage frais. Its syn free and taste the same as coconut milk. You wouldn't know the difference.
Has anyone else tried it?

BigV said:
Ive discovered - Coconut essence. Ive bought it from the Indian food shop. I put a few drops of this in my curry and mix in fromage frais. Its syn free and taste the same as coconut milk. You wouldn't know the difference.
Has anyone else tried it?

Yes- i have a Thai recipe that requests coconut milk. I use coconut essence (I got this from eBay) and mix with my HEA milk and a little sweetener as I find coconut milk is sweeter than milk. You can't tell the difference.

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

gonnabesmall said:
good idea,whats your recepie,and how much essence do you use,i want to do coconut rice so should i boil my rice in milk with the coconut essence and sweetner and then simmer it untill it absorbs

I haven't made coconut rice only a Thai recipe . What does a normal recipe for coconut rice state? I should be able to adapt that

Kx

gonnabesmall said:
think it said add your coconut milk,sweetner and bit of water and simmer,should be easy shouldent it,just dont know how much essence to use

Depends on amount of rice. Try 1-2 tsp

Kx

gonnabesmall said:
well usually enough rice for two of us,will def try,might mix it with milk 1st and try that b4 i add to rice,il let you know how it tastes

Yes please- and if nice can you post your recipe

Kx

Back