Ramblings of a vlcd life

I hope you find one or two cute outfits for Christmas. I would love to be in another dress size by then. I am in the few weeks of the awkward fitting. One size is way too big and the next size down I just don't feel comfortable. I don't like anything too tight around the midriff that can trigger for me something called the MS hug. This is where you feel you have a wide belt around your tummy which is a couple of notches too tight. Great feeling going through your wardrobe sorting out clothing that is way too big and fitting into clothes you haven't for years.

Still focused here and can’t believe that in 3 weeks I’ll have spent half a year on this… I had hoped I’d have lost at a better rate and at that point had 6 stone off (ie average for a tfr but I suppose someone needs to be below average).

seems like there will be a Christmas outing even if only for our little team though there is talk that there might be a companywide outing 🙈 as I’m new I don’t want to avoid them as it’s the best way to develop a bind with the team especially as it’s a small village and I’d like to stay working here long term.

anyhow definitely rambling but now looking at 10 weeks to Christmas so I’ll do well to hit 20lb loss in that timeframe going by my current average. But considering where I started I can’t be bad at that.
Well done your NSVs are great and fab loss if you have a Christmas do have you got a dress or outfit in mind?😃

Hi Violet I see you're in the 11's now
👏
That's brilliant I'm so happy for you!
Life got hectic for a bit for me but I weighed in today and I'm not gaining so that's the main thing!
Back on it and hopefully another stone down before Christmas 🎅
You should be near goal by then - how exciting!

I hope you find one or two cute outfits for Christmas. I would love to be in another dress size by then. I am in the few weeks of the awkward fitting. One size is way too big and the next size down I just don't feel comfortable. I don't like anything too tight around the midriff that can trigger for me something called the MS hug. This is where you feel you have a wide belt around your tummy which is a couple of notches too tight. Great feeling going through your wardrobe sorting out clothing that is way too big and fitting into clothes you haven't for years.
Oh that’s sounds horrible! I like compression as it helps ensure good posture and minimise any upper body pain. I’ve one really bad shoulder and it really helps with that plus heat. Bodies are strange things.

I do love the change in clothes! Especially shopping in my own wardrobe…
Hi Violet I see you're in the 11's now
👏
That's brilliant I'm so happy for you!
Life got hectic for a bit for me but I weighed in today and I'm not gaining so that's the main thing!
Back on it and hopefully another stone down before Christmas 🎅
You should be near goal by then - how exciting!
fantastic Ns! You’ve lost a fair amount so a pause to get accustomed not a bad thing! Christmas is a motivator! We have even a challenge going not sure if you’ve joined but it’s an amazing support. I’m losing about 8lb a month so would very much dream of losing a stone and a half pre Christmas. However I’m actually seeing a positive to maybe not reaching goal as I will probably only be taking a break then over Christmas and need to do a couple of weeks into Christmas to reach goal. This will give me an opportunity to do refeed properly and not in a rush because of Christmas!

I love those wheat bags they help no end with aches and pains. Especially at the beginning of Sjogren's and the huge flare I had with ibs. But with taking probiotics and the change in my eating habits with eating the SW way. It is heaps better. If I get a flare it is short lived and no where as severe. Our bodies are amazing things I am fascinated by the working of it, come from my medical background as a nurse.

Hello @NewStart75 happy to make your acquaintance I don't believe we have "met". It is a big plus if you are not gaining and just maintaining so much better than gaining. I frequently get weeks of staying the same as I lose slowly due to a couple of factors one I can't exercise most days due to my health and two the menopause like to put weight on not take it off lol

So sundays I do my nsvs and today I’m 1lb away from my 5st finally 😂 I can’t wait to take progress pics which will also fit nicely with close to 6 months on plan.

My clothes are all 12 or 10-12 now ( though a bit of vanity sizing going on also however the majority of what I’m wearing is clothes from 3 more years ago

Wore a campaign jumper for our feeling yourself Oct campaign size medium bought from an online retailer and it’s perfect size!

I had 4 things that fitted bar one dressing gown and 2 pairs of pjs now I have so much choice!!

realised I have no knee pain when going up the stairs in work now

seeing a little shape to my arms (just a touch)

did my measurements during the week- goodness some lovely drops in inches!

@Shrinkingvioletnomore Thanks for sharing your NSV with us today. I feel they help motivate me. That if I keep going I will see some of the victories you have achieved. They are such lovely victories and I love them just as much as the scales.
Aw thank you that’s very kind! I really do feel they are so important. Looking forward the journey seems to long and looking back it’s flown in a way. The scales though motivating at times are demotivating at others and really I probably wouldn’t care what they said if I was the size I feel most comfortable!

Had a blip yesterday- manic day and was rushing getting baking done before taking kids to cinema so of course blipped a bit with both 😂🙈 nipped it in the bud and back 100% today . Need to get focus for this last stretch and add in more activity…

Aw wee Emosh mood today. Tired, lo was up and down last night. I know she was out of sorts as she didn’t see me from morning until literal I put her to bed. Hope she has the health visitor soon though as she is coughing every night disturbing her sleep and I want to get her reviewed. Anyhow I’m rambling away. Another day and it looks like it’ll be another poor loss week, I’ll probably not hit my magic number this week.

I look to be losing 7/8 lbs a month so it’s likely I’ll be way off Christmas target. Though just going to focus on the positive if I can that my skin so far is not loose and I’m getting a small bit of tone going.

in other news I’m heavily considering putting my fringe back in, my hair loss seems to have plateaued and I’m not worried about thinning it out. It’s been 5 years and I go through this cycle every 4/5 years 😂

Uploading last fringe versus now for thoughts (obviously I look a lot older but still think that style wouldn’t be odd on me).

Attachments

• 3A1236EF-A403-47E8-975A-BA73D5DFBAD3.png
    3A1236EF-A403-47E8-975A-BA73D5DFBAD3.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 14
  • 71AB421C-3F42-4991-AB24-EA35C732005D.png
    71AB421C-3F42-4991-AB24-EA35C732005D.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 13
  • 2EF808E6-73D8-4AEE-87F3-485ADE645C1B.jpeg
    2EF808E6-73D8-4AEE-87F3-485ADE645C1B.jpeg
    919.5 KB · Views: 11
I like both fringe and no fringe. So I'm not much help. And you are beautiful!!

Lovey catching up - especially yr NSV. I am so looking forward to getting into more clothes from my cupboard. I think at goal I will have a serious change to my style - not sure what yet. I did last time - a few really nice fabulous colourful outfits that I felt grand in.

Personally I like both so am as much use as a chocolate fire guard :rotflmao: But I will agree with @AliGal your a very beautiful lady.

I used to have a beautiful thick head of hair. But I hit menopause and it thinned out considerably. I was constantly having to ask hubby to detangle the hair from the hoover. I had hip length hair now it is bra strap length as it got so thin and straggly at the ends. It seems to have stopped shedding now in such large volumes thank goodness..

It is great that your skin has bounced back with the weight loss. Unfortunately I think the amount of weight I had gained and age it against me. It is sagging on my legs/arms and I definitely will have saggy skin on my tummy. But I will see them as my badge of honour. As with my medical history I don't believe the surgical route will be possible to get rid of the excess skin. But I will rather have saggy skin and be healthier and move mobile than back to requiring help for the most basic tasks and virtually bed bound.

I like both fringe and no fringe. So I'm not much help. And you are beautiful!!

Lovey catching up - especially yr NSV. I am so looking forward to getting into more clothes from my cupboard. I think at goal I will have a serious change to my style - not sure what yet. I did last time - a few really nice fabulous colourful outfits that I felt grand in.
Good to see you and I think that’s such a great idea! I’ve loads of clothes at goal weight but a celebration outfit is maybe called for…

Personally I like both so am as much use as a chocolate fire guard :rotflmao: But I will agree with @AliGal your a very beautiful lady.

I used to have a beautiful thick head of hair. But I hit menopause and it thinned out considerably. I was constantly having to ask hubby to detangle the hair from the hoover. I had hip length hair now it is bra strap length as it got so thin and straggly at the ends. It seems to have stopped shedding now in such large volumes thank goodness..

It is great that your skin has bounced back with the weight loss. Unfortunately I think the amount of weight I had gained and age it against me. It is sagging on my legs/arms and I definitely will have saggy skin on my tummy. But I will see them as my badge of honour. As with my medical history I don't believe the surgical route will be possible to get rid of the excess skin. But I will rather have saggy skin and be healthier and move mobile than back to requiring help for the most basic tasks and virtually bed bound.
You are both too sweet..

lovely I chopped during lockdown as I had postpartum moulting and hubby took 8 inches too much off! It’s only back but I won’t go waist length again.

with menopause hair and skin have you considered taking a collagen supplement- so many benefits especially with the eostrogen production impacting collagen and causing skin sag and hair loss?
I do think I’ll have loose skin on my tummy but don’t mind that just arms and legs I’d like to avoid

You are both too sweet..

lovely I chopped during lockdown as I had postpartum moulting and hubby took 8 inches too much off! It’s only back but I won’t go waist length again.

with menopause hair and skin have you considered taking a collagen supplement- so many benefits especially with the eostrogen production impacting collagen and causing skin sag and hair loss?
I do think I’ll have loose skin on my tummy but don’t mind that just arms and legs I’d like to avoid
Never knew such a thing existed as collagen supplements I must take a look. I have to be careful as new medications can skew my clotting factor (INR) as I am on warfarin. It has never been too stable despite me taking it religiously.

Saggy skin on my legs has been compounded by the fact I had lymph fluid in there not draining and they both blew up like tree trunks. I with the aid of weight loss and compression bandage have lost 4 litres of lymph fluid from each leg. I still have more lymph fluid to get shut off but struggling with top section of pressure garment which is like an instrument of torture lol I prefer the sagging skin on my legs to hauling round legs that were super heavy and leaked puddles wherever I went.

Never knew such a thing existed as collagen supplements I must take a look. I have to be careful as new medications can skew my clotting factor (INR) as I am on warfarin. It has never been too stable despite me taking it religiously.

Saggy skin on my legs has been compounded by the fact I had lymph fluid in there not draining and they both blew up like tree trunks. I with the aid of weight loss and compression bandage have lost 4 litres of lymph fluid from each leg. I still have more lymph fluid to get shut off but struggling with top section of pressure garment which is like an instrument of torture lol I prefer the sagging skin on my legs to hauling round legs that were super heavy and leaked puddles wherever I went.
They are great for all sorts definitely look at them.

Back