Random Mince question!!

Hi Everyone,

Just a random mince question..... on all the recipies for SW it says to use 'extra lean beef/steak mince' I cant find extra lean in any supermarkets! Does it have to be extra lean or will just regular 'lean meat' still be free on extra easy?

Thanks

It does need to be extra lean to be FREE.

Lean Mince can still contain approx 20% of fat.

Do you live in the UK? I am sure both Asda and Tesco do extra lean beef mince and turkey mince.

Extra lean Lamb/Pork can be harder to find. But a good quality butcher will normally be able to ground a very lean cut of meat for you.

Morrisons do too but you can use turkey mince free if you cant find any x

Hi Everyone,

Just a random mince question..... on all the recipies for SW it says to use 'extra lean beef/steak mince' I cant find extra lean in any supermarkets! Does it have to be extra lean or will just regular 'lean meat' still be free on extra easy?

Thanks

Need to be extra Lean, Tesco have a fresh and frozen one. Healthy living extra lean I think it is called. The packaging have changed on the fresh stuff and looks very similer to the normal one, just a little healthy living symbol at the top.

Morrisons also has some, Hope this helps.

Thanks everyone! So many quick replies! I will make sure I look harder next time! :) x Ive been avoiding any sort of mince until I found out!

Last edited:
Technically yes...but I use just lean and call it free, and eat it twice a week roughly and it hasn't affected my losses.
If you want to stick with the plan 100% though you would need to syn it.

You can also try Quorn Mince. If you are worried about the mince, then this is a good substitute.

The stuff I use is 7% fat. Not quite the 5% that the extra lean is but its cheaper. I don't use many syns. So I don't worry too much about the beef. And I don't eat it that often. If u use 15 syns a day I'd try to use extra lean mince. But the new book says lean is fine? How lean is lean?!

Back