Rant about the plan, fruit, veg and calories pls read

browny85

Ok so hello all. I have been reading a lot on here about the plan, confusion about fruit n veg, calories, all sorts. I wanted to share my knowledge and first hand experience from having recovered from anorexia. I have been doing Ww as I overshot my pre anorexic bmi and wanted to do it healthily. I know a lot about food, calories etc. so wanted to share and hopefully put some things at rest.

YOUR BODY NEEDS 1,200 calories MINIMUM per day for organ function alone!!!!!
This is without you even having gotten out of bed in the morning. So anyone eating less than this amount your body will go into STARVATION mode which will result once you eat more than this amount in a damaged metabolism and weight gain!!! You are not doing any favours to yourself under eating this way. I know your intentions are good but trust me gaining weight off too few calories is heartbreaking I gained 2 stones which yes I needed to buy I was still massively under eating! So please please never ever go below this amount. Your hair, nails, teeth, skin, organs will all suffer.
Also the whole point of weight watchers is to count pp's NOT calories. The plan works so stop over thinking and complicating it.

FRUIT and VEG
Certain are not free, these are the ones harder to digest and higher in fats and calories. The clever people at Ww have done all this for you! So please enjoy your freedom and experiment with these yummy nutritious things. I make butternut squash chips, apple and cinnamon chips all sorts. Bananas should be limited to 1-2 per day as they are higher carb and harder to digest ;)
Fact is a lot of fruits, melon, blueberries and raspberries to name a few our bodies take more calories to digest these than what are actually in them. Not saying go eat 20 punets of berries but it's really not an issue to graze on these things in fact it's these that keep our metabolism going through the day.
Weight watchers have done all this work for us. So don't stress and over think things that don't need to be your just causing more upset to yourself and stress . Focus on the pp's stick to them and it works. No need for calories and checking fruit.
And please never ever go below 1200 calories. Please I beg u not to, I went through hell messing with my body like that. I wouldn't want anyone to do same or even damage their plan on Ww because it works
X

browny85 said:
Ok so hello all. I have been reading a lot on here about the plan, confusion about fruit n veg, calories, all sorts. I wanted to share my knowledge and first hand experience from having recovered from anorexia. I have been doing Ww as I overshot my pre anorexic bmi and wanted to do it healthily. I know a lot about food, calories etc. so wanted to share and hopefully put some things at rest.

This is without you even having gotten out of bed in the morning. So anyone eating less than this amount your body will go into STARVATION mode which will result once you eat more than this amount in a damaged metabolism and weight gain!!! You are not doing any favours to yourself under eating this way. I know your intentions are good but trust me gaining weight off too few calories is heartbreaking I gained 2 stones which yes I needed to buy I was still massively under eating! So please please never ever go below this amount. Your hair, nails, teeth, skin, organs will all suffer.
Also the whole point of weight watchers is to count pp's NOT calories. The plan works so stop over thinking and complicating it.

FRUIT and VEG
Certain are not free, these are the ones harder to digest and higher in fats and calories. The clever people at Ww have done all this for you! So please enjoy your freedom and experiment with these yummy nutritious things. I make butternut squash chips, apple and cinnamon chips all sorts. Bananas should be limited to 1-2 per day as they are higher carb and harder to digest ;)
Fact is a lot of fruits, melon, blueberries and raspberries to name a few our bodies take more calories to digest these than what are actually in them. Not saying go eat 20 punets of berries but it's really not an issue to graze on these things in fact it's these that keep our metabolism going through the day.
Weight watchers have done all this work for us. So don't stress and over think things that don't need to be your just causing more upset to yourself and stress . Focus on the pp's stick to them and it works. No need for calories and checking fruit.
And please never ever go below 1200 calories. Please I beg u not to, I went through hell messing with my body like that. I wouldn't want anyone to do same or even damage their plan on Ww because it works
X

Thanks for this sweety, very brave of you!!!! I've totally screwed up my metabolism after extreme dieting on slimming world (was only eating about 400 cals a day at one point). Don't know whether it'll ever be normal again - I'm now suffering with thyroid problems.....who knows, maybe it's from the starvation diet?!?!?

What you've said makes such sense! I really hope everyone reads it!!!! Xxxx

Hun thanks so much for this I'm starting ww next week I like u have messed my metabolism up I won't bore u all with my life story but on a good note I just had a beautiful baby and gained 4 stone lost 2 water etc and got 2 to go its worth the gain my beautiful little girl but now it's time for Jessie to be back I have my 2 children and I'm going to sort me out ! I have been doing sw but ***** that diet is mad I have seem no results what's so ever it's been a odd pound here and there a week total of about 4 or 5 im sick of yoghurts etc I previously lost 4 stone on the old plan ww so I know it works I am a excersise addict too what u have wrote in this post is fantastic thanks so much again Jessie x x

Thanks for sharing this! I've always wondered about the starvation mode thing after hearing about it but not quite believing it. Another thing i have heard and not quite believed/understood is that if you are on say 26pp a day but earn 3 activity points for example.....you must eat 29pp worth of food (in other words, use your activity points) otherwise you wont lose weight. Is that true too? :confused:

FRUIT and VEG
X

Well done for coming forward and sharing that.....just on another note, how did you make the butternut squash crisps and the apple and cinnamon crisps?

Another thing i have heard and not quite believed/understood is that if you are on say 26pp a day but earn 3 activity points for example.....you must eat 29pp worth of food (in other words, use your activity points) otherwise you wont lose weight. Is that true too? :confused:

No that isn't true. You can use them as 'extra' points if you want to, or earn but don't spend (like I do) to speed up your weight loss...

Back