RANT-its my own fault really

sham88

free2bme
So peeved off at myself, was going to the cinema tonight with a friend and knew fine rightly that she would be loading up on popcorn and nice things so I spent ages looking through the forum and SW online to see what low syn snacks i should bring. Thought I had stumbled onto the mother of all low syn finds when i worked out a 35g bar of green and blacks milk chocolate with toffee pieces was only 3 syns using the syns calculator, I immediately rushed to sainsburys to buy one of the 35g bars and also, because it was on offer bought two of the 100g bars (just to have in the house) That was all rosy so went to the cinema and had my chocolate (which was yummy) and a bag of the new tayto delights which are only 4 syns. Leaving the cinema was about to put the wrapper in the bin and just happened to glance at the nutritional info-now I know that 20 calories is roughly 1 syn so i started to panic and sure enough when i got home and ran the figures through the calculator again it came up with 9 bloody syns. I had put in that the nutritional info was for 100g then selected 35g portion size so obviously it came out lower-DUH!!!!

I know its not an awful lot and im still within my syn allowance for the day but it just really p*ssed me off!! And now what the hell am i to do with the two ma-hoo-sive bars i have sitting staring at me now, each 27 syns!!! Bleh-rant over :) Ah well at least I enjoyed it!!

I hate it when that happens :(

If it were me I'd have to bin them. Or give to someone to at least hide giving me the opportunity to at least ask for a weighed amount. If they were in the house I could not sleep :eek:

Good luck! And well done for the great intentions going out! You should be proud of that :)

It's so easy to get caught out that way! I used syns online to look up the go ahead yoghurt bars, as they're on offer in sainsbury's. It says for a twin pack they're 3.5 syns - I thought it was fantastic because they're so yummy!

However!

It then says 18g portion after that, and the whole twin pack is 35.5g, meaning that actually, if you eat the whole double pack, it's 7 syns! Both me and my housemate have been caught out with it!

But as the person above me said, you went out with good intentions, so well done you!

Well done you for being so organised, hope the film was good. What did you see?
As for the chocolate , I would divide it into small bags, they do some in Asda , tiny bags with animals and stuff on them for kids, sounds strange but if things come in a nice bag I enjoy them more, maybe do 5 syns per bag, put them all in a freezer bag clearly marked with the syn value for each bag and put in the freezer for when you need a little fix.

At least you realised. And it was all done with the best of intentions so you've still got your halo lol.

I'd find some pretty paper and wrap up the other 2 bars and think who might need a bit of a boost at the moment (who isn't trying to lose weight!!) and give them away as a cheering gift. Or hide them (wrapped!!) somewhere so that you have a little gift to give when you have a 'sh*t I forgot their birthday' moment in the future.

PS I hate that thing that manufactures to do catch people like us out when they put the calories 'per bar' on things that have 2 bits in, and actually mean only on of the pits, not the pack. As if anyone buys a 2-finger Twirl to only eat one of the fingers. Grrr.

I don't get the first post..
surely if you put in the info for a 100g bar and it said it was 3 syns then a 35g bar would only be 1 syn?
or are you saying that for a 35g portion based on the 100g values is 3 syns, then the whole 100g bar would be 9 syns?

No no ColJack I put the nutritional info in for the 35g bar but at the top I mistakenly put in that this info was for 100g-so then when i put in that i was only having 35g it came out at way less!! I went to see 'the sitter', more like the sh*tter-wasn't great but i had a lovely night with my friend so alls good!! I like the idea of dividing it into small bags and having them for treats, maybe after weigh in on wednesdays as I like to treat myself if iv done well-thanks for the helps folks xx

Just a thought but why not break them up into lower sin parcels, and pop them in the freezer- that way you can have the odd one within your sin allowance and a nice little treat as well when you want them.

I pop mine into a tub with a lid in the freezer and then take the odd piece out when i want it. that way i dont do without or go mad with a huge bar!..... or you could just give them away lol :)

Last edited:
I did the same when a child at school gave me a box of maltesers. A treat size bag (5 syns) is 10 maltesers, so I've divided the box into food bags each with 10 in. It has worked as I would have binged otherwise.

Back