ratatouille 4 ways !

jem3139

Silver Member
Hi guys I just thought I would share this little something with you all. I made a large pot of ratatouille on Monday at 0pp. I really didn't mean to make as much and wondered what i could do with the rest.
Well after serving it along side some turkey for dinner I took half of it and blended it fine added some stock and I now have some 0pp soup for lunch( & 2 prtns in the freezer) then with the other half I blended it quite roughly used some as my tomato base on nan bread pizzas(& the kids dont know lol) and the rest I am going to use as a tasty topping for pork chops with a little low fat cheese melted on the top. I really hate waste so I thought I would share these ideas with you all and hope you find the ideas useful.x

Hi Jem, oh this sounds so nice , i love ratatouille, would you mind if asked you share ur recipe

hi karoacal ,no I wouldn't mind sharing my recipe at all.........
I used 1 aubergine
1 courgette
4 large fresh tomatoes
2 red peppers
2 tins tomatoes
1 stock cube ( I used chicken, but any will do )
1 large onion
sprinkle dried mixed herbs
sprinkle dried oregano (I just added these till I thought it tasted ok but 1/2 teaspoon of each will do to start)
chopp all veggies and put in pot with a little water cook until tender season and enjoy!
hope you try it and it turns out great you can let me know. x

Great look forward to hearing that, I see your from Ireland anywhere near me?

h Karacal

well I'll not be visiting you in the near future(lol) as cork is about a 12 hr drive from me I'm up north in Ballyclare which is about 16 miles from Belfast x

thats a bit far alright ha ha:). Tryed the ratatouille with chicken and bns wedges and it was gorgous...:) must try the soup next..

Hi Jem, your ratatouille sounds gorgeous! just imagining it with pasta and drooooooling lol, I did something similar but less veggies and herbs and that was yummy but yours sounds way better :giggle: xxxx

ratatouille

hi karocal, glad it turned out and you enjoued it. x
caroline, plz do try it , it is lovely.x

A big thanks to Jem for this recipe. I absolutely love ratatouille, but hate to cook so I'm gonna pinch your recipe! Fanta chicken tomorrow then maybe this one wed x

Lovely recipe - just tried it! Love the idea of turning it into a soup too!
You can also freeze it in portions and just reheat it when you fancy to go with meat and potatoes!

Back