Raudi's Return!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet Returners' started by raudi, 27 October 2008 Social URL.

1. raudi

raudi One Last Time.......

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(22.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi All

Well 4 years on and i'm back... originally lost 5.5 stone on LL then CD. The weight has started to creep back on so here I am. So far today i've had 1 shake.... and lots of water!!

I exercise regulary and those that remember me i took up running at the end of my last journey. Well I still run and this year completed my first London Marathon :D and yesterday followed Paula Radcliffe round the Great South Run Course in Portsmouth :D Albeit no where near as fast! And will be running the FLM in April again for VICTA if anyone would like to sponsor me www.bmycharity.com/v2/biggs :D

So i'll report in going forward... Fingers crossed it's as easy this time round!

x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Welcome back ... you'll still see a few of us "old" faces around! Some at goal - and some still battling along!!

4. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Welcome back Raudi :wavey:

5. raudi

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(22.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks Guys!

6. Anisah

Anisah A pound at a time

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Welcome, nice to "meet" you.

7. raudi

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(22.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well going strong and onto day 2! I'm loving the choc orange shake!

Water is going down well and a litre gone already!

8. raudi

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(22.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Day 2 - Done :) and i'm in Ketosis :party0038: and the cold feeling has arrived!

Going really well! and have got my routine sorted which is good!

Roll on wi next week

9. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Welcome back Raudi

Irene xx

10. Artyjoe

Artyjoe Regular Member

Start Weight:
    15st0.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Diet:
    CD
    Hi Raudi, glad to hear you are motoring along well, and already in ketosis, great!

I have a question for you though, are you still running while on CD, and if so, are you taking anything extra? I have been told not to exercise, but ironically, now I'm actually dieting I've been inspired to do a bit of exercise...my Davina DVD arrived yesterday and I was disappointed to just put it on the shelf. Any advice for me?

Well done on the marathons, I never got past 5k last year so I really really admire your progress - Joe

11. raudi

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(22.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Joe....

Yes i am still exercising, just not going mad! I did the 10 mile race on sunday but purposely didn't restart CD until monday..... Today will be first day in the gym since restarting and i plan to do some speed work on the treadmill with my ipod and nike personal trainer. Last time i exercised the whole time too... I will take it easier though and the days i'm having a long run (6 miles+) i will have a bar before hand and a shake straight after...

Any questions just shout!

x

12. amanda1970

amanda1970 Member

Hi Rachel, your story sounds like mine, I lost 4 1/2 stone on Lighter life and have put on 3. I have been very down about it and very embarresed when I see people that last saw me when I lost weight a year ago, Many of them behind my back said I would put it back on! Well I have put it behind me and i'm also on day 3 of cambridge and loving the feeling of being in control.
    Good luck and hope you have a good week, I shall look forward to seeing your weight loss results next week.
    Love Amanda x

13. raudi

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(22.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Amanda

We CAN and WILL do this lets prove everyone wrong and more importantly do it for ourselves!

I can't wait until WI on Monday!

14. raudi

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(22.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Day 3 done and dusted :D

Tried butterscotch last night :eek: it was gross stood over sink heaving whilst dinking it with a pint of water to wash down!!!!!

Just settling in with a pint of water to watch my beloved Arsenal.....

15. raudi

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(22.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    DAy 4 - woo hoo!

Day 4 here i am!

Still going really well, have a bad upset tummy and headache this morning so just sipping water and will have a shake soon.... I had this before and called it detox belly! As i know it's the last of the carbs escaping!

16. Miss_B

Miss_B Full Member

Hi Raudi, Congrats on the Great South Run! I did it too on Sunday, shame about the weather eh! I am starting CD tomorrow. Like you would of started before but with training and carbs I couldnt. Wow, that's so cool you ran the marathon. How was it? Hell? I'm not a runner but since Sunday I am thinking of doing at least one run a year to give me something to aim towards. How are you finding doing 6 miles + on CD? Are you shattered after? Sorry I know I've asked loads of questions!

17. Artyjoe

Artyjoe Regular Member

Start Weight:
    15st0.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Diet:
    CD
    HI Rachel, I'd also like to know how you are feeling with the exercise! When I was on LL I very very often would get light headed and often thought I was going to faint, so wouldn't dare do any exercise as I assumed that was due to the low calories. Having said that, I'm doing ss+, as in 4 packs a day, so perhaps the extra pack will make a difference...I'm itching to do Davina which came a few days ago. I'm definitely staying away from teh treadmill as it's in my den so no one knows when I use it, I have an image of me fainting and nobody finding me....over active imagination I know :)

Joe

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. raudi

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(22.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi..... Yes without a doubt the weather was awful on sunday!!!

The most i have done since restarting on monday is 4 miles and i was ok. I don't tend to have a lot of carbs as i am wheat intolerant so before the marathon i had porridge and a banana. Then had the carb gels every 4 miles on the course and at mile 15 a mars bar! This helped as i then didn't hit 'the wall' where your body runs out of fuel....

I started off just doing 5 and 10k's i had always wanted to do a marathon! So thought what the hell.

I used the following book for training A non marathon runners guide to training, which is a 18 week guide!

I tend to have a shake before i run and if i feel the need have been having another when i get back...

The marathon was the best experience! painful yes but like child birth you forget!

Feel feel to ask anymore questions...

20. raudi

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(22.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yeah you give it ago you should be fine just take it easy.... I think my body is used to the exercise now... Haven't managed to run today as dodgy tummy... had bad visions of me having a accident on treadmill..... :eek: so i'll be hitting the Wii Fit when i get home instead!

21. raudi

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(22.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Day 5 here i am, feeling quite smug this morning cooked a full roast beef dinner yesterday and not a morsal passed my lips!

God this feels good!

22. raudi

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(22.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    :bliss::bliss:

I'm so happy, i'm off to see Take That next year at Wembley!!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.