• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Raudi's Return!

raudi

One Last Time.......
Hi All

Well 4 years on and i'm back... originally lost 5.5 stone on LL then CD. The weight has started to creep back on so here I am. So far today i've had 1 shake.... and lots of water!!

I exercise regulary and those that remember me i took up running at the end of my last journey. Well I still run and this year completed my first London Marathon :D and yesterday followed Paula Radcliffe round the Great South Run Course in Portsmouth :D Albeit no where near as fast! And will be running the FLM in April again for VICTA if anyone would like to sponsor me www.bmycharity.com/v2/biggs :D

So i'll report in going forward... Fingers crossed it's as easy this time round!

x

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

raudi

One Last Time.......
Day 2 - Done :) and i'm in Ketosis :party0038: and the cold feeling has arrived!

Going really well! and have got my routine sorted which is good!

Roll on wi next week

Artyjoe

Hi Raudi, glad to hear you are motoring along well, and already in ketosis, great!

I have a question for you though, are you still running while on CD, and if so, are you taking anything extra? I have been told not to exercise, but ironically, now I'm actually dieting I've been inspired to do a bit of exercise...my Davina DVD arrived yesterday and I was disappointed to just put it on the shelf. Any advice for me?

Well done on the marathons, I never got past 5k last year so I really really admire your progress - Joe

raudi

One Last Time.......
Hi Joe....

Yes i am still exercising, just not going mad! I did the 10 mile race on sunday but purposely didn't restart CD until monday..... Today will be first day in the gym since restarting and i plan to do some speed work on the treadmill with my ipod and nike personal trainer. Last time i exercised the whole time too... I will take it easier though and the days i'm having a long run (6 miles+) i will have a bar before hand and a shake straight after...

Any questions just shout!

x

Hi Rachel, your story sounds like mine, I lost 4 1/2 stone on Lighter life and have put on 3. I have been very down about it and very embarresed when I see people that last saw me when I lost weight a year ago, Many of them behind my back said I would put it back on! Well I have put it behind me and i'm also on day 3 of cambridge and loving the feeling of being in control.
Good luck and hope you have a good week, I shall look forward to seeing your weight loss results next week.
Love Amanda x

raudi

One Last Time.......
Hi Amanda

We CAN and WILL do this lets prove everyone wrong and more importantly do it for ourselves!

I can't wait until WI on Monday!

raudi

One Last Time.......
Day 3 done and dusted :D

Tried butterscotch last night :eek: it was gross stood over sink heaving whilst dinking it with a pint of water to wash down!!!!!

Just settling in with a pint of water to watch my beloved Arsenal.....

raudi

One Last Time.......
DAy 4 - woo hoo!

Day 4 here i am!

Still going really well, have a bad upset tummy and headache this morning so just sipping water and will have a shake soon.... I had this before and called it detox belly! As i know it's the last of the carbs escaping!

Hi Raudi, Congrats on the Great South Run! I did it too on Sunday, shame about the weather eh! I am starting CD tomorrow. Like you would of started before but with training and carbs I couldnt. Wow, that's so cool you ran the marathon. How was it? Hell? I'm not a runner but since Sunday I am thinking of doing at least one run a year to give me something to aim towards. How are you finding doing 6 miles + on CD? Are you shattered after? Sorry I know I've asked loads of questions!

Artyjoe

HI Rachel, I'd also like to know how you are feeling with the exercise! When I was on LL I very very often would get light headed and often thought I was going to faint, so wouldn't dare do any exercise as I assumed that was due to the low calories. Having said that, I'm doing ss+, as in 4 packs a day, so perhaps the extra pack will make a difference...I'm itching to do Davina which came a few days ago. I'm definitely staying away from teh treadmill as it's in my den so no one knows when I use it, I have an image of me fainting and nobody finding me....over active imagination I know :)

Joe

raudi

One Last Time.......
Hi Raudi, Congrats on the Great South Run! I did it too on Sunday, shame about the weather eh! I am starting CD tomorrow. Like you would of started before but with training and carbs I couldnt. Wow, that's so cool you ran the marathon. How was it? Hell? I'm not a runner but since Sunday I am thinking of doing at least one run a year to give me something to aim towards. How are you finding doing 6 miles + on CD? Are you shattered after? Sorry I know I've asked loads of questions!
Hi..... Yes without a doubt the weather was awful on sunday!!!

The most i have done since restarting on monday is 4 miles and i was ok. I don't tend to have a lot of carbs as i am wheat intolerant so before the marathon i had porridge and a banana. Then had the carb gels every 4 miles on the course and at mile 15 a mars bar! This helped as i then didn't hit 'the wall' where your body runs out of fuel....

I started off just doing 5 and 10k's i had always wanted to do a marathon! So thought what the hell.

I used the following book for training A non marathon runners guide to training, which is a 18 week guide!

I tend to have a shake before i run and if i feel the need have been having another when i get back...

The marathon was the best experience! painful yes but like child birth you forget!

Feel feel to ask anymore questions...

raudi

One Last Time.......
HI Rachel, I'd also like to know how you are feeling with the exercise! When I was on LL I very very often would get light headed and often thought I was going to faint, so wouldn't dare do any exercise as I assumed that was due to the low calories. Having said that, I'm doing ss+, as in 4 packs a day, so perhaps the extra pack will make a difference...I'm itching to do Davina which came a few days ago. I'm definitely staying away from teh treadmill as it's in my den so no one knows when I use it, I have an image of me fainting and nobody finding me....over active imagination I know :)

Joe
Yeah you give it ago you should be fine just take it easy.... I think my body is used to the exercise now... Haven't managed to run today as dodgy tummy... had bad visions of me having a accident on treadmill..... :eek: so i'll be hitting the Wii Fit when i get home instead!

raudi

One Last Time.......
Day 5 here i am, feeling quite smug this morning cooked a full roast beef dinner yesterday and not a morsal passed my lips!

God this feels good!