Re-feeding because of the snow.

kered

Gold Member
My appt was for 11:00 this morning, but I cant get there because of the snow, and my Pharmacist who is also in the Welsh valleys cant get there either. I had a chat to her and told her I have 3 shakes left. (Not had any today yet)

She suggested having 1 shake this morning and 2 healthy meals. I have chicken and fish in the freezer and plenty of frozen green veg also some fresh brussel sprouts, so it looks like I will be having salmon and veg for lunch and chicken and veg for supper.

Various thoughts on this though, because I am looking forward to eating again, but I wanted to wait until around Feb 20th as I am going away for the weekend 27th, but I am frightened now that if I have these meals today I will be wanting to have them all the time.

I have never felt scared about eating food in my life - what a turn-a-round huh!

Fingers crossed and wish me luck.

Don't worry hun...there is nothing you can do about it. Just avoid potatoes, carrots, sweetcorn.......stick to the green veggies and you'll stay in ketosis. Try not to have huge portions either and drink plenty of water with your meal.

You'll be fine hun.
x

By eating now (I know you have to) you WILL be bringing your body back into that state where it's expecting food all the time.

That can be a very difficult stage for some, as it makes it really difficult to get back on the program.

I had exactly the same problem yesterday hun. My shakes came in the post this morning, so i'm back on it today. So far i feel ok :)

Don't worry hun...there is nothing you can do about it. Just avoid potatoes, carrots, sweetcorn.......stick to the green veggies and you'll stay in ketosis. Try not to have huge portions either and drink plenty of water with your meal.

You'll be fine hun.
x

Good idea about the water, and yeah, I will just have a small piece of chicken/fish and 2 spoons of green veg.

By eating now (I know you have to) you WILL be bringing your body back into that state where it's expecting food all the time.

That can be a very difficult stage for some, as it makes it really difficult to get back on the program.

The pharmacist said by sticking to fish/chicken and veg, it shouldn't take me out of ketosis, so hopefully she is right.

I had exactly the same problem yesterday hun. My shakes came in the post this morning, so i'm back on it today. So far i feel ok :)

Thats good, I am glad you got them. How many meals did you have yesterday?

youve got yor goals set hun so this is just minor unavoidable glitch! plus you wont be leaving ketosis, so just see it a a taster for when you re feed!!

and drink loadsssss
x

I only had one and that was some chicken and a bit of salad last night. And the amazing thing was I left half of it because i wasnt hungry! My advisor posted the sachets yesterday, but we had no postman so i was a bit worried whether postie would get through today, but they came this morning. So with hindsite I neednt of had the meal anyway! But nevermind, hopefully no harm done! :)

and I was supposed to have a weigh in today, but have to now wait until I can get into town :confused:

hi babe, ive got loads of sachets spare ( well about 6) as the guy gave me more than i need. I could post them to you if you want??
if not, you'll be fine hun. just follow their guidance and see how you get on. And if you dont loose as much, then at least you know why!!xxxxx

Thanks everyone for the good wishes. Awww Barbie, thanks so much for the offer, but I think I should be okay now. I had 2 sachets today and I am in work now (work sent a 4x4 to pick me up) and I have grilled chicken breast with green beans to have tonight. That leaves me one sachet for tomorrow morning and hopefully my Husband can get to the Pharamcist and she said I can just buy the sachets and weigh next week. Thanks so much for the offer though, that is extremely kind of you.

Aww Kered, I'm sure you'll be just fine! If your husband can get you the shakes tomorrow then it will have been a verrrry minor blip and as you said, you'll still be in ketosis which is great. Good luck and fingers crossed you'll be back on the shakes in no time!! x

Aww Kered, I'm sure you'll be just fine! If your husband can get you the shakes tomorrow then it will have been a verrrry minor blip and as you said, you'll still be in ketosis which is great. Good luck and fingers crossed you'll be back on the shakes in no time!! x

Yes I should be ok as long as he can get there for me tomorrow, which hopefully he can. I cant believe how much it affected my thoughts, the thought of eating lol. I only have 3 weeks left before I need to re-feed for my Brothers party in Scotland, and just wanted to stick to it, but as you say, I should be fine and still stay in ketosis due to the chicken and veg.

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing and no-one could have foreseen not getting to their WI's but when I first started LT my WI was Monday and there were a few Bank Holidays so one week I bought an extra weeks worth so that I had plenty to tide me over if I couldn't get in - work made things difficult sometimes - then bought another weeks worth each time I weighed in so I always had the spares. If you can I would highly recommend it.

You are doing the right thing by sticking to protein and veg. Someone also said on here once that if you have to miss a shake for any reason you can have a glass of skimmed milk instead though I don't think you could do that too often.

Good luck hun.

x

Good idea cuddlyfairy, I might just do that when I go to WI next week. Still not eaten my chicken and veg as I am working nights tonight, but it looked lovely when I plated it earlier, getting excited now at the thought of food lol - how sad huh!

Stay away from high carbs and ya should be fine hun, ya may find it a bit hard to get back into the habit of the shakes again but then if its only for 2 days then id say ya will be fine. Fingers crossed for ya babe!!

Stay away from high carbs and ya should be fine hun, ya may find it a bit hard to get back into the habit of the shakes again but then if its only for 2 days then id say ya will be fine. Fingers crossed for ya babe!!

Hopefully that chicken and green beans (which was delicious) will be the only non LT meal I will have. I have one shake for breakfast tomorrow and hopefully OH can get to the Pharmacy to pick up shakes, then I will be on 3 shakes tomorrow. I cant go myself as I am 12 hour nights tonight and again tomorrow.

Back