Re-Starting, Determined, Gonna be here lots for support!

la_tinkerbelle

Hi all :)

I haven't posted much on this forum, but I've actually been a member of minimins since 2006 - I've been trawling through all the old posts and came across one of my earlier entries and feel quite ashamed about how I was saying I'd love to be a size 10/12 by my 29th birthday, well that was over a year ago and I'm still the large size I ever was...

I did re-start earlier this year, but a lack of confidence in the local CDC, lack of funds and a huge battle with depression for the last 6 months (I have a brain tumour too) all added upto the diet just not being right for me during that period - I felt like depriving myself of food was a way I was punishing myself on top of all the other bad stuff going around me, and it was adding to the depression, so I made a wise decision to feed myself food and not be so restrictive right then (to be fair I stayed the same weight and didn't put any on, so no 'pigging out' sessions, just normal everyday eating...)...

Anyhow, I'm feeling much better in myself, and I've admitted once and for all that no matter how confident I've always been 'in my skin' and being big has never stopped me from doing things, there are impacts on my health, social life, confidence, and these are not something I'm going to ignore anymore... This weight is coming off, NOW! :D

So, I'm the kinda person who needs some encouragement and support now and again, and I like to encourage people too, by helping people along I feel I need to stick to the diet 100% too... if that makes sense?! :rolleyes: So I will be hopefully around a lot, when the hunger or boredom hits, when I'm feeling frustrated, and when I just need to be with people in the same boat, going through the same things...

My name's Clair :D I'm 30 year old, and currently a weight of 16 stone.

I have enough supply of CD from my last attempt to keep me going for about a month, so will be going it alone for that time first of all, then will look for a local (but different and more encouraging) CDC...

Fingers crossed, eh!

And can I just say, everyone's inspirational weight losses, pictures, experiences shared, are an amazing, truly amazing, testament to this diet and their own abilities... and it gives me so much determination and inspiration to want to do this and succeed... thanks to everyone who has posted, I'm sure at times it's not been easy, but looking at your gorgeous selves now, and the smiles on everyone's slimmer faces, and I just wanna be like that so much!!

Good Luck to everyone currently on their own CD path... xx

Hi Clair and welcome this is it now u got us lot and we aint gonna let u fail xxxxxxxxxx

What a wonderful and uplifting post, welcome back hun, with you every step of the way xx

hi clair....welcome back to CD.....sounds like we are lucky to have you on board. l look forward to sharing experiences with you and hearing about your great losses through your journey xxx

welcome back.

your gonna do absolutley fantasic this time - cause we wont let you do anything else!!!!

be strong and determined and find your self a good and supporting cdc.

we're all here to help you on the journey. xx

Back