Re-starting......then re-starting again......

bubbalicious

Silver Member
I have been a constant SW starter and re-starter for years. A few weeks ago I signed up for SW Online and I lost 2 pounds in the first week... hooray! But then my birthday came in the second week and I put on 3 pounds. I was brave and imputted my weight in online showinig the gain. I was going to re-start again yesterday but went to my a family funeral and the buffet there was NOT SW freidnly at all, sanwiches, quiche, lots of cheesy pastry treats. So.....

I am back on SW today, 100% and I am reading and re-reading online to get my head back in the game. Would like to shift 5 pounds before Xmas! Fingers crossed. :)

Bubbalicous,

I'm a sucker for buffet food!!!

Good luck on your journey, I'm sure you can smash 5lb before Christmas. I'm just starting out again myself.

x

Buffets are SO hard and must be even harder at a funeral.

I've found so far my only way to deal with them is to eat ahead (synfree all day), prepare myself mentally for what might be on the table and look up the syns, avoid alcohol (ruins the self control) and decide which snacks to try and which to avoid (I have to skip crisps and pizza entirely or I just gorge.) Lately I've also started making a low-syn treat to bring to the table as well.

good luck!

Hi,

Same here. I lost 4 stone on WW pre propoints and then started to gain, so joined SW - today is my first day back on it but am never sure I am doing it right!!

Good luck

Kaye x

Good luck.
It can be very difficult ....
if you know u're going to a 'do' where there will
be these things try to save up lots of syns for the day
and eat a big free salad before going out
You can still enjoy but hopefully it will lessen how much you indulge

Back