Ready for a rant?..

Yeah but it takes quite a lot of exercise to build muscle - certainly more than a few days.

I still think that eating half the amount of cals isn't going to gain you 2lbs if fat .. Everyone's weight fluctuates by 2-3 lbs every day .. Depending on activity, water drunk, totm and lots if other stuff .!
I'm sure it has nothing to do with eating half the amount if cals you have been ..!!!
I saw the pic on a MFP forum .. What you were 12 months ago and what you are now ... And I still do not think your morbidly obese ..
My opinion I suppose but I only see morbidly obese people at 20 - 25 stone and more .. If I see someone at 15-16 stone I certainly don't think that they are morbidly obese .!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I saw my GP a few weeks back about my knees and she told me I need to lose weight so I asked what she advised and she said very low calories and build up exercise, her calories for me were 800-1000 cause I'm morbidly obese so the body has plenty of fat stores to burn.

I've been reading through & don't have any helpful advice for you, sorry :( But I would say that your GP recommending 800-1000 calories is very low....most research says 1200 minimum, so that's a bit of a worry....

You could try your plan for a couple of weeks & see what happens??

Good luck with whatever you decide :)

You're thinking too deep into this. Keep it simple Rome wasnt built in a day. You didn't put weight on overnight. I got obese over 18 years. It's taken 18 months to lose it. In happy with that. In comparison that's fast to lose in relation to the gain.
Use mfp. Eat around 1500 cals to start of with then lower it to 1400 if you plateau but give it time. Your body will adjust if you let it. And cave? Was correct. Muscle and fat weigh the same but muscle take up less space. But in z few days and with so much fat to lose first you wi not have started to gain muscle that quickly. That also takes time.
If you are as messed up as you sound (sorry) don't even think of having a cheat day it will screw your mind up even more. Just concentrate on healthy eating and living and allow yourself a small treat each day that you are happy with. You soon learn to enjoy your treat and don't feel deprived.

Hiya. I think the most common definition of morbidly obese is a BMI over 40. As Lauren is only 5'3" a weight of 15st 12lbs does put her at just about that. xx

I have a BMI of 38, which is classed as morbidly obese. I'd love to think I'm not morbidly obese but apparently I am so that's why I said it.. I just feel like everyone's giving me a hard time and I don't understand why? I was just wondering what everybody's opinion was on which route to go down. But anyway, I'm gonna eat 1300 a day & see how I get on. So conversation over.

I still think that eating half the amount of cals isn't going to gain you 2lbs if fat .. Everyone's weight fluctuates by 2-3 lbs every day .. Depending on activity, water drunk, totm and lots if other stuff .!
I'm sure it has nothing to do with eating half the amount if cals you have been ..!!!
I saw the pic on a MFP forum .. What you were 12 months ago and what you are now ... And I still do not think your morbidly obese ..
My opinion I suppose but I only see morbidly obese people at 20 - 25 stone and more .. If I s
ee someone at 15-16 stone I certainly don't think that they are morbidly obese .!

Ah no, i didn't think it was 2lb of fat I just don't think you can build 2lb of muscle in a few days.:)

So conversation over.

It doesn't matter what category you fit it, you feel fat and want to lose weight thats all that matters. And you will.

No one means to get at you, weightloss is such a personal thing. What works for me might not work for you and etc.
But the basic rules is simple: eat less than you burn and you will succeed.

Please be patient tho. I accept its going to be hard for you, I've always been a big fat lump and can't remember ever being thin so I'm not desperate to get slim. But you've by your own admission gained all your weight really quick. From your pictures you had a stunning figure before.

laurenmay said:
I have a BMI of 38, which is classed as morbidly obese. I'd love to think I'm not morbidly obese but apparently I am so that's why I said it.. I just feel like everyone's giving me a hard time and I don't understand why? I was just wondering what everybody's opinion was on which route to go down. But anyway, I'm gonna eat 1300 a day & see how I get on. So conversation over.

A BMI of 38 isn't morbidly obese, you're only bordering on it. :) No-one means to give you a hard time, you should realise we're only trying to help, hon, and they're all right. I personally have been battling my weight for 30 years and know exactly what works and what doesn't in terms of calories - it's only my will-power that comes and goes! Last advice then I'll belt up - stick with 1500 for a while, 1300 is too low to start on if you have a lot to lose, and it will take you up to a year. Now I'll go away and not bother you again. Good luck. xx

You've had two pages of posts from people who've taken the time to try and help you and i can't see any giving you a hard time.

It feels like people are giving me a hard time when they're saying how I can't have gained 2lbs and can't be morbidly obese.. I have gained 2lbs, the scales said so yesterday and this morning & afternoon, and my doctor is the one who told me that I'm morbidly obese. Maybe like Tracey said I'm just bordering it, which is better for me cause its not nice being told you're morbidly obese!

I want everyone's help, but not the criticism that sometimes comes with it and it does genuinely seem like certain people try making arguments out of things rather than leaving helpful posts. I don't want you to leave me alone Tracey, you've been helpful and you're not doing anything to bother me! Lol.. and cavegirl, yeah you're right :) I did lose 9lbs eating 1300 a few months ago and shouldn't have given up so quickly! No more quitting or giving up this year.. I don't want another summer passing me by while I'm overweight and hiding away indoors eating my feelings!

laurenmay said:
It feels like people are giving me a hard time when they're saying how I can't have gained 2lbs and can't be morbidly obese.. I have gained 2lbs, the scales said so yesterday and this morning & afternoon, and my doctor is the one who told me that I'm morbidly obese. Maybe like Tracey said I'm just bordering it, which is better for me cause its not nice being told you're morbidly obese!

I want everyone's help, but not the criticism that sometimes comes with it and it does genuinely seem like certain people try making arguments out of things rather than leaving helpful posts. I don't want you to leave me alone Tracey, you've been helpful and you're not doing anything to bother me! Lol.. and cavegirl, yeah you're right :) I did lose 9lbs eating 1300 a few months ago and shouldn't have given up so quickly! No more quitting or giving up this year.. I don't want another summer passing me by while I'm overweight and hiding away indoors eating my feelings!

Ok, hon, I'll stay subscribed. :) I know it must feel like you're being nagged sometimes, lol. But I think the point people are trying to make us that you won't have gained 2lbs of fat in such a short time - of course your body weight can easily have gone up by that much, but that can be water retention, constipation, all sorts. That's why I honestly believe that the single best thing I did to keep me on track during my first 12 months was to only get weighed by my GP, every two months. Those scales can drive you nuts and dictate your mood and your chances of success all too easily! You need to trust in the maths - if you're eating less than you're burning you WILL lose weight, but over a period of time, not necessarily every week. Listen at me, nagging again. ;) xx

Aww sweets, I haven't been around today so have only just seen this thread.

Sorry to hear the replies have upset you - this dieting mallarky isn't easy is it?

Even if you are a sneaky peaker like me you really should only record your weight once a week. I always record mine on a Thursday morning so I can slightly relax on a weekend then get back pm track with 1300 cals Mon-Thu.

On a Sunday I can quite easily be 3lb up but that's gone by Thursday :)

I think you are on the right track by aiming for 1300 but don't give yourself a hard time if you go over as there is deffo room for manoeuvre :)

HTH

Ali
X

I thought I was being helpful ...!

Telling you what I think is opposite to your negative thoughts .!

But I agree not to weigh yourself every day or twice a day ... I'm a serial weigher and get very depressed ... I throw clothes around the room .. Throw insults at myself and my children that if they don't watch what they eat they will end up the fat ugly unhappy wreck I have become ... My husband had told me that if my girls end up anorexic it'll be my fault ... I am destructive to me and my family ...
On this basis I cannot bare other people and families going through this .. I have soooo many demons its unreal ..!! The things I have done in order to make myself attractive ... And I've ended up looking like a slut ...
I pointed out that how you look is my opinion and that I don't think that you look as bad as you maybe think you do coz you were uber slim before ...

No upset was meant and in the flesh I don't think that it would have come across as you felt it did .. That's the trouble with writing/text etc .. You can't feel or hear the intonation with which things are said ..
We are all in this together ... We all have demons ...
I hate me .. And have thought how I'd be better off dead .. Hate how I look .. I posted my pics in another thread .. And the same as you everyone has said I'm not fat and they'd love to look like me .. I'm horrified as I don't see that ... and I don't think people dont taker seriously ..!!

Lets stick together ...

Sorry I don't have time to reply to everyone individually but thanks to everybody for their help and we are all in this together so time for me to crack on and get some patience & into weight loss mode :)

linski24 - I can totally relate to what you said about the scales effecting your mood and taking it out on others. I suppose on the lead up to the weigh in there is that hope, that you'll lose something. Then if its not what you want, you lose the hope. It is very very difficult to weigh every week and to be honest I dont know how i managed. I lost weight on low cals, and lost nearly every week but after the first 2 odd stone it ended up being a loss every 2 weeks. I think you kinda get used to it because over-all you know your feeling smaller & you know you've stuck to your plan. I think you could come to a compromise with your off-plan day and just have the big meal without the ice cream, or half the meal & half the ice cream? Try and think of ways you can treat yourself, coz it is important, either a cpl of snacks each day or a semi-pig out at the weekends. And remember & enjoy your treat & dont feel bad about it.

I lost 5 stone in 7 months thro CC'ing a low amount of cals & I kept it for for nearly 2 years, so it can be done. And it doesn't necessarily have to take a year either. I dont think it has any effect on motabalism going low in cals, because at the end of the day, having 15-20 years of excessive overeating could mess up your motabalism too. Its all about your attitude & cals in/cals out.

linski24 - I can totally relate to what you said about the scales effecting your mood and taking it out on others. I suppose on the lead up to the weigh in there is that hope, that you'll lose something. Then if its not what you want, you lose the hope. It is very very difficult to weigh every week and to be honest I dont know how i managed. I lost weight on low cals, and lost nearly every week but after the first 2 odd stone it ended up being a loss every 2 weeks. I think you kinda get used to it because over-all you know your feeling smaller & you know you've stuck to your plan. I think you could come to a compromise with your off-plan day and just have the big meal without the ice cream, or half the meal & half the ice cream? Try and think of ways you can treat yourself, coz it is important, either a cpl of snacks each day or a semi-pig out at the weekends. And remember & enjoy your treat & dont feel bad about it.

I lost 5 stone in 7 months thro CC'ing a low amount of cals & I kept it for for nearly 2 years, so it can be done. And it doesn't necessarily have to take a year either. I dont think it has any effect on motabalism going low in cals, because at the end of the day, having 15-20 years of excessive overeating could mess up your motabalism too. Its all about your attitude & cals in/cals out.

Xxx

Last edited:
hey lauren
jus woundering do you drink diet coke or pop at all? i was dieting before but was noticing gains because of diet coke intake strange i know but it could be an answer.
Like u i was confused from too much research and info but have decided jus to relieve the pressure of success on myself and follow what i believe to be right for me.
allways here for support
sarah xx

I thought I was being helpful ...!

Telling you what I think is opposite to your negative thoughts .!

But I agree not to weigh yourself every day or twice a day ... I'm a serial weigher and get very depressed ... I throw clothes around the room .. Throw insults at myself and my children that if they don't watch what they eat they will end up the fat ugly unhappy wreck I have become ... My husband had told me that if my girls end up anorexic it'll be my fault ... I am destructive to me and my family ...
On this basis I cannot bare other people and families going through this .. I have soooo many demons its unreal ..!! The things I have done in order to make myself attractive ... And I've ended up looking like a slut ...
I pointed out that how you look is my opinion and that I don't think that you look as bad as you maybe think you do coz you were uber slim before ...

No upset was meant and in the flesh I don't think that it would have come across as you felt it did .. That's the trouble with writing/text etc .. You can't feel or hear the intonation with which things are said ..
We are all in this together ... We all have demons ...
I hate me .. And have thought how I'd be better off dead .. Hate how I look .. I posted my pics in another thread .. And the same as you everyone has said I'm not fat and they'd love to look like me .. I'm horrified as I don't see that ... and I don't think people dont taker seriously ..!!

Lets stick together ...

Lindsay, please don't beat yourself up over your weight......ur beautiful and your husband and kids love you

image-1879190230.jpg

I love this pic.....us women are slaves to our bodies

Back