ready to go and get slim for the summer!!!

Hi,
Im back again. been here a few times with different accounts but this is def my last one. i have strugglied with my weight for 9 years now. I went to Uni and piled the weight on really quickly then got 2 stone off with Weight Watchers. Then I moved to Malta with uni and the weight started creeping on again and i got 2 stone off again with slimming world. I was at my smallest, was loving life and confident.
then i got attacked in work and gradually since then i have gained 5 stone. I have tried to get it off with slimming world but it just isnt happening. I was doing it half heartedly and hating myself.
I went to the surgeon to enquire about a boob reduction (NHS wont do them even though they absolute depress me and are VILE) and he said in order for them to look their best i would have to lose 3 stone.

I got right back on to slimming world but even when i was trying really hard i was only losing 0.5lbs a week which was just making me more upset.

On the 22nd March I decided to join CWP. I stuck to it for 12 days and ny first weigh in was 11lbs off wooo. my 2nd weigh in isnt until thursday but i have had a look on the scales (i know i know) and im heavier then weigh day. Today, tomo and wednesday I will be doing SS rather than SS+ to see if that helps shift the numbers.
I am really enjoying the diet though and finding it really easy and i cant really cheat because it will take me completely out of ketosis. will keep going :)

todays food:
Product 1: chocolate 1
Product 2: chicken and mushroom soup
Product 3: chicken tikka style curry

thanks for reading
b x

Hi here to follow. Good to have someone else on here, it's so quiet!! I was pretty much the same as you with SW, basically maintaining as I never followed it properly. I do t think all those free carbs help me either if I'm honest!

Don't worry too much about a week where the scales don't move - could be lots of reasons. Sometimes you have a week where your weight stays the same but your measurements go crazy, other times it's the opposite, then there is TOTM etc. I had one week that I had lost nothing until the day of my weighin and it had dropped 4lbs.

Hi here to follow. Good to have someone else on here, it's so quiet!! I was pretty much the same as you with SW, basically maintaining as I never followed it properly. I do t think all those free carbs help me either if I'm honest!
hi :) yeah im vegetarian so i was always eating carbs. every weigh day i would have a huge pizza and sides and wonder why i was only losing 0.5lbs a week. haha

Don't worry too much about a week where the scales don't move - could be lots of reasons. Sometimes you have a week where your weight stays the same but your measurements go crazy, other times it's the opposite, then there is TOTM etc. I had one week that I had lost nothing until the day of my weighin and it had dropped 4lbs.
thanks for the advice. i need to stop getting on the scales at home really. i need to only complain if i dont lose and my measurements havent gone down so all in good time i suppose. xx

today has been rubbish step wise hardly moved from the desk today.
product 1 was a chocolate shake
product 2 was spaghetti bolognese

not sure what i want for my third product. im not too hungry at the mo so i might drink a litre of water and then have another shake. possibly the key lime as i havent tried that one yet and everyone is raving about it.

lots of people have commented on how much weight i've lost which is always a great thing :) i havent noticed it yet but ill probably wont notice until im 5 stone down haha.

b xx

Hey, here to follow x
The good thing about ketosis is that it does make the hunger go away to an extent and only emotional hunger can rear it's ugly head! But it's important to recognise it and just remember where you want to get to.

Having been on Lighter Life for a long time - I know that taking the food choice away and the fear of losing ketosis definitely helps to stay on track!

Good luck with weigh in in a few days time - and don't get discouraged if you don't lose much one week - the body sometimes fills lost fat stores with water to compensate for the fast losses, it needs time to adjust.

x

Hey, here to follow x
The good thing about ketosis is that it does make the hunger go away to an extent and only emotional hunger can rear it's ugly head! But it's important to recognise it and just remember where you want to get to.

Having been on Lighter Life for a long time - I know that taking the food choice away and the fear of losing ketosis definitely helps to stay on track!

Good luck with weigh in in a few days time - and don't get discouraged if you don't lose much one week - the body sometimes fills lost fat stores with water to compensate for the fast losses, it needs time to adjust.

x

hi thanks for the advice :) going to stay strong :)

Product 3 was a chocolate mint shake made warm yum yum
just about to watch bake off creme de la creme so made a cherry and cinnamon fruit tea to go with it. Cant express how good these teas are :)

b x

haha, i had a mango shake today and didnt like it at all then had vegetable soup which wasnt great either.
Trying to have my 3rd product as late as possible today because my weigh in is at half 10 tomo morning but i am starving!!!!

Today has been hard, i woke up and my neck was really sore i must have slept funny but it hurt all day and i just sat feeling sorry for myself in work. just had a bath with muscle soak and now got jamas on with a green tea. im hoping it has gone by tomorrow as i may cry haha.

hope everyone has had a nice day xx

How did WI go? :)
Hope your neck isn't painful today!
oh thank you its not as sore but still painful im hoping by the weekend it will go.

weigh in was 3lbs today :) lost 1 stone in 2 weeks yeay. bought lots of bars today cant wait to try them all

product 1 was peanut bar (sooo chewy)
Product 2 was macaroni cheese

tonight will be a hot chocolate mint shake yum yum

xx

thank you :D
It definitely is spurring me on to keep going.

product 1: chocolate mint bar
product 2: spaghetti bolognese
s: 2 boiled eggs
i think the third product will be a cappuccino shake yum yum

not much planned this weekend so its bed and binge tv hehe :)

hope everyone has a nice weekend xx

today has been a very lazy day. I didn't leave my bed until 12.
I got up and had macaroni cheese and put on Vampire Diaries for the day.
Second product was a chocolate chewy bar. Will not be buying it again. My friend described it as tasting like blood but i thought it was more like when you think you are going to vomit and you get lots of liquid in your mouth. ergh. i quite disappointed in the bars. I looked forward to them and only really liked the chocolate mint.

So highlight of my day was getting mould off my walls haha. my flat has had damp for as long as ive been here and its been getting worse. We have told the landlord but he has said he is not willing to fix it so we have had to cope. Its been getting worse in my room since june and ive even had to buy "protection" pillows so i dont get mould on the ones im sleeping on.
Anyway a girl in work told me about this mould spray stuff you can get so i bought some. i sprayed it all over the room and within 20 mins it had all disappeared it was like a magic trick!! haha you can tell I don't have much going on in life when i get excited about this

After all that hype i watched the voice final. I really hope the singers get somewhere because theres some amazing talent. Im gutted that it is going to ITV because i think it will ruin it but we will see.

back to the diet so i found out today that you are only allowed 1 tsp of water flavouring a day. I didnt know this so i panicked a bit thinking i had ruined the whole diet. then my friend put it into perspective that its not as if its a takeaway so i need to keep going.
Product 3 was a chocolate mint shake

Sorry im going on now but while being on this diet ive often thought about the day i will break and cheat but today I actually think i will actually get through the 12 weeks. im feeling positive :D

B xx

Your friend is right - some extra water flavouring isn't going to change very much, it's not a takeaway! :) I do remember panicking over the smallest things on LL, a small piece of ham, a (spat out) mouthful of *whatever*, a piece of salad! It really doesn't matter too much in the grand scheme of things, if you eat a sandwich that might throw ketosis out for a few days and make you feel hungry, but tiny smidgens of things ... is fine.

That mould issue sounds serious, some mould can cause respiratory problems, you need to be careful with it. Someone does need to have a look at it, because if it's the bad kind, your landlord could be in a lot of trouble for not taking your concerns seriously. And even if it's not the super bad kind, your landlord sounds like a pr**k, I mean what the heck. You're having to buy special bed linen so you're not covered in it? Surely there's something contractual that he must do. You know. Like lookout for the well-being of the tenant. I'd fight for a reduction in rent costs since it's actually affecting you, or I'd say look for a new place to live. Cause good luck to him finding a new tenant without fixing it. So you should have left it to grow to fight your corner!

I hope the start of your week has been good, have a lovely day today x

to be honest i think the landlord just wants us all to move out and will only do something if noone will move in after us. We were all talking last night and we are all probably going to move out as our contract end on june 26th. Problem is I really like the location of the flat and love how high it is (13th floor feel safe). Need to decide whether I want to find a new place or new housemates. Deep down i know its time to find somewhere a lot nicer but everyone likes the easy option dont they :)

today i tried the malt toffee bar..... vile. i was sick in my mouth a little bit and had to bin it.
2nd product was chicken and mushroom soup.
3rd product was spaghetti bolognese with 2 fried eggs yummmm

havent had a shake for 2 days and im actually missing them. will be having a vanilla and cinnamon on tomo :)

just watching bake on creme de la creme yummy and then going to give stephen king an hour before bed.

hope everyone has had a nice tuesday xx

Omg I love the toffee bars lol. And not a massive soup fan. Have you tried the risotto or tikka? Xx

I have a thing about tall buildings, I'm scared of them for some reason! I've lived in high rises a lot, they're very common in Russia, but I can't imagine doing that now. My dad has the same mindset though - the higher the better (and safer). It's hard to move from a location you love, but at the end of the day, if you're not comfortable because the landlord is being a douche, it's not worth the health aspect of things. Keep an eye out for something close by, new flats always come on the market!

Hope you're having a good day! :)

Omg I love the toffee bars lol. And not a massive soup fan. Have you tried the risotto or tikka? Xx

yeah i love the tikka. Ive only had the risotto once and it was full of mushrooms and spring onions so could only really taste them haha

I have a thing about tall buildings, I'm scared of them for some reason! I've lived in high rises a lot, they're very common in Russia, but I can't imagine doing that now. My dad has the same mindset though - the higher the better (and safer). It's hard to move from a location you love, but at the end of the day, if you're not comfortable because the landlord is being a douche, it's not worth the health aspect of things. Keep an eye out for something close by, new flats always come on the market!

Hope you're having a good day! :)

haha thanks :) yeah the higher is def better for me :)
well i spent all day bleaching and sorting the bathroom and got all the mould off. i emailed the agents with pictures to say please could someone come and paint and replaster the walls seeing as though I did all the cleaning. They got back to me later saying the landlord wasn't willing to help. Just disappointing really.

On a positive note, today is weigh day and i lost 4lbs yeay!!!! so thats 1stone 4 lbs in 3 weeks. i love this diet!!!!!
i have found today hard though i think because star week has appeared will keep going

just in bed with a green tea and masterchef

hope everyone has had a nice day

b x

hello everyone.
day 26 today still going strong.
I had a glass of zero yesterday. I cant decide if I regret it or not.
so many people say its fine and so many people say it isnt.
hopefully it wont affect my losses.
Hope everyone has had a nice weekend xx

Back