Realistic time frame to drop a dress size

They say it takes a stone to drop a dress size. For me that's roughly accurate, I'm an 18 at 13.7 stone and at the top end of a 16 at 12.7 though I think I'd need to be 12st to be a totally comfy 16.

So assuming it's a stone and assuming we're not counting the first week's big loss...

On average, if you stick to plan, the loss should even out to 2lb a week (sometimes 1, sometimes 3 but over a month it usually evens out.)

Which is roughly 8lb a month. So to lose a stone, without pressuring yourself - 7 weeks.

Everyones different so for some people a little more, for some less.

I've heard roughly 10lb to take an inch off the waist..... but it is incredibly hard to predict.

I like short term goals that I know aren't too far away as my weight is going down very slowly. Current objective is to get to 12 and a half stone, I've got 3lb to go on that one.

In your case - right now you have only 2lb to go before you get down to 180lb, that's a landmark. And another 3lb after that, you'll be out of the 13's and into the 12's, that will be a real psychological boost ....

Oh I'm on week one my largest clothes are size 16 but I'm an 18 n struggling to fit into anything comfortably so it's leggings stretchy skirts n maxi dresses

So I have no idea how long itl take but I'd say we have a common goal :) n perhaps should help keep each other motivated?

Back