Really bad day :(

Pheonix-Rising

Well last night I had two forkfuls of tuna, which i wasnt worried about really, mostly because I felt really yucky and couldnt sleep. Well this morning my son woke up major temp and sickness, and has been home from school, my daughter went to school. I started feeling worse throughout the day. So, I guess thats why I felt yucky.

I asked my daughter to walk home half way from school and I would meet her part of the way, its about a mile away and no major roads to cross, as I couldnt leave my son on his own for long.

So I had my porridge this morning and havent felt like eating anything else, nor drinking.

Then (im near the moors in cornwall) its started snowing really heavily and with strong winds. I phoned the school to find out they had closed early and my lovely little girl was walking home in it....she is 10!!! I was sooooo gutted. So by the times i'd actually got through to the school the poor girl had walked all the way in this blizzard by herself.

Anyway so as you can imagine that put me in a right bad mood, so I decided to ss+ tonight as I need something in my stomach, this bug has got to me I think and making feel like cr*ap.

Oh well, back on it tomorrow....just wanted to rant thats all xxx

ah bless the poor thing,glad she's home safe and sound though x
Oh and I'm in Plymouth so not too far from you.

Aww Alison (((((HUGS))))) your poor little girl! I think its advised to up your plan if you are unwell as you need the fuel to fight the illness so you probably did the right thing by eating!

Hope you feel better soon, maybe a snow day for the kids won't be a bad thing tomorrow :) I got a call at 1.35pm to say come get the kids we are sending all the ones home who live more than 2 miles away! Fingers crossed for a snow day tomorrow, I need to re-charge my batteries too!

xx

Ahh Natalie, you have it bad near derriford I hear? I am in Liskeard and its been gridlocked! I phoned my dad in saltash to see if he was home and ok..and he asked what i was going on about lol. It seems its localised to near dartmoor and bodmin moor :( Guess the schools will be shut tomorrow anyway! keep warm and safe xxx

Thanks twinkle....I guess i was upset they never rang :( But she had a huge cuddle and hot chocolate when she got home bless her....mothers never stop worrying do they? xxx

That's terrible, I think you need to speak to the school!! I'm not sure they're allowed to just send a 10 year old off to walk home by herself when they have no idea whether someone is at home or not. I know with my nieces and nephews' schools they call the parents of those that haven't been collected within a certain amount of time. They put out school closures on the local radio and website, so most know to look there. I really would complain to the school about it.

Nope Alison, and from what my parents say you never will either! I'm near Okehampton, right on the edge of Dartmoor lol, we've got it pretty bad here too!

x

That's terrible, I think you need to speak to the school!! I'm not sure they're allowed to just send a 10 year old off to walk home by herself when they have no idea whether someone is at home or not. I know with my nieces and nephews' schools they call the parents of those that haven't been collected within a certain amount of time. They put out school closures on the local radio and website, so most know to look there. I really would complain to the school about it.

yeah i was upset Caroline, although they knew she was walking home halfway, I would have needed to meet her. I think what happened was this morning it was light rain, then all of a sudden the snow came unexpectedly, and they must have made a snap decision. And I guess with 300 kids the phones were blocked up with people ringing in. We went from nothing to 2 inches in an hour thats how quick it was.

So, all is well now....and I have eaten :( but tomorrow is another day :) xxx

Nope Alison, and from what my parents say you never will either! I'm near Okehampton, right on the edge of Dartmoor lol, we've got it pretty bad here too!

x

Oooh yes i've been hearing it on the news, dartmoor and bodmin moor, kind of took us by surprise! Take care xxx

Yes it is, no point worrying about it now. Just draw a line under it and move on :)

Yes it is, no point worrying about it now. Just draw a line under it and move on :)

yeah I think I have probably eaten less calories than normal as I have two more shakes to have yet but just cant face them :(

do you have any tetra's??
theyre smaller and easier to drink if youre not well...

shocking about your poor lil girl, still she's home safe and all's well..

Get yourself some rest and get better soon
xx

Feel better soon. Glad your daughter is okay, must've been freezing. I remember walking all the way to school (40 mins) when I was about 11 and we all sat in the hall for an hour before being sent home so I had to walk the same again. I didn't have a house key as my parents never gave me one until I was 15 so just had to hope that she was in, which she was as she used to work in the evenings. This was in 1981 and we didn't have a car or any of the radio bulletins like they do now so I was sent to school regardless of the weather.

I was a teacher pre-Master T, on the rare occassion that we had to close early we had to phone parents before sending pupils home. I f you are on ss+ today then get yourself some dkimmed milk and enjoy a nice cup of tea- a cuppa is always a comfort. x

I'd definitely say you should still have your shakes, that way you're getting all the nutrients you need.

Our school stays open on 'snow' days until a parent/carer arrives..if they dont..the child stays at the school until normal time..and quite right! this is primary. 4-11

Anyway chin up my love... you've had a bad day but all will be brighter tomorrow XXXXXX new day an all ;) xxx Glad everyone is ok x

its good that your daughter is safe and warm at home with her loving mummy. Sorry to hear that you have had a bad day, I don't have children but can feel why you were distressed by an incident that was not your fault at all, tommorow is a new CD day, good luck x

Back