really confused

chunky-monkey77

i seriously swear i am up 2 no good !
hi on the website it says the quorn peppered steaks are free on both plans but 2night at class my leader said these have a syn value . so now dont know who to believe can anyone help ??:confused:

If it's definitely the same ones, then the website is the most up-to-date source of information. She might have been trying to warn people that not all Quorn products are free?

My consultant freely admits she doesn't know the syn value of everything - she's really only familiar with the things that she eats regularly herself, and everything else she has to look up! Remember consultants are humans too!

If you're really worried about this, why not give your consultant a call/text/email just to check before next week's class?

There are 2 different typs of these, quorn suprinsgly tender peppered steaks, and just peppered steaks, I could only find the syn value for the surprinsgly tender ones ( which were free) the other ones which I bought, were not listed on the SW website, so my consultant said if its not in the book or online then u have to use the syn calculator to work it out, and the ones I had, worked out at something like 5 syns on both days.

But did you include a free food allowance for the quorn? That will make a big difference to the syn value if you didn't?

But did you include a free food allowance for the quorn? That will make a big difference to the syn value if you didn't?
Nope, not sure how u do this, infact didnt even know u could do it

On the first screen of the syn calculator you choose if you want green/red/both syn values worked out. Then below that it says

"Many products that contain Free Food are given an allowance, however those with a high energy density and low filling power, like crisps and cake, are not. If your product gets a Free Food allowance enter it below using the drop down boxes. If your product doesn’t get an allowance or doesn’t contain Green/Original Free Food, please select ‘No Free Food’. (Not sure? Click the
help_button.gif
above.) "

From the drop down menu you select whatever is appropriate - in this case vegetarian products. A second drop down menu will appear with more detailed options - choose meat alternative, raw and then continue to enter the nutritional info as before.

Let us know how it works out as I'd be interested in whether they are syn free.

On the first screen of the syn calculator you choose if you want green/red/both syn values worked out. Then below that it says

"Many products that contain Free Food are given an allowance, however those with a high energy density and low filling power, like crisps and cake, are not. If your product gets a Free Food allowance enter it below using the drop down boxes. If your product doesn’t get an allowance or doesn’t contain Green/Original Free Food, please select ‘No Free Food’. (Not sure? Click the
help_button.gif
above.) "

From the drop down menu you select whatever is appropriate - in this case vegetarian products. A second drop down menu will appear with more detailed options - choose meat alternative, raw and then continue to enter the nutritional info as before.

Let us know how it works out as I'd be interested in whether they are syn free.
Thanks Circes, will try this when I buy some more, not bought any since I thought they were 5 syns lolor if anyone has any at the moment and would like to post the nutrional info here, I will check it out on the syns calculator

thanks i had been taking them as free not realising that there were 2 types!! maybe that is why the pounds keep finding me. I so love this forum its brill:D

Back