Really feel rubbish about my weight and need help =(

.dimples.

So I am a prime example of someone who yo-yo diets!! I am fed up of it though and would like to be able to stick to it and lose all the weight I need to lose in one go...but I seem to be great at making excuses, some real - depression - others not so.

In the last 3 years I would say I have lost, in total, 8 stone....in 3 different goes but I reckon I will have gained around 6-7 stone of that back, 2 of that since Christmas =(

I have always done SW as I found WW to be too much of an effort, I can't exercise much as I have a dodgy knee.

Any tips would be helpful. I am tempted to re-join SW but I need to be able to stick...hence joining this forum.

xx

Hello! I am a 22 yr old who is struggling with weight issues. I suffer with depression, and three years ago went into treatment for an eating disorder. Since then, I've gained weight and have struggled with trying to get it off. I was on here to ask whether anyone would be interested in an accountability person - just someone to stay In regular contact with who knows how all this feels, then I came across your post. When I was in the prime of my eating disorder I had a buddy who I was in daily contact with via email and text and it helped me stay in control. I'm hoping to apply that Same theory (but in a more positive way) because having someone to turn to when you're struggling, in that exact moment makes such a difference. Let me know if you're interested!

Hello! I am a 22 yr old who is struggling with weight issues. I suffer with depression, and three years ago went into treatment for an eating disorder. Since then, I've gained weight and have struggled with trying to get it off. I was on here to ask whether anyone would be interested in an accountability person - just someone to stay In regular contact with who knows how all this feels, then I came across your post. When I was in the prime of my eating disorder I had a buddy who I was in daily contact with via email and text and it helped me stay in control. I'm hoping to apply that Same theory (but in a more positive way) because having someone to turn to when you're struggling, in that exact moment makes such a difference. Let me know if you're interested!

Hello, thank you for replying to my thread =)

That would be lovely if you don't mind? I haven't sent enough messages to pm members at the moment though, so I hope that you see this message and reply to me xx

SW is a good healthy lifestyle. I have dodgy knees but i've been doing Leslie Sansones 2 mile DVD. When first started it I could only do about half of it but now enjoy it as its based around walking :) Even just a normal 15 min walk and build up :)

What about starting a diary in the SW section. People are really really helpful and supportive in there :) x

Thank you for your suggestion Jackie =)

I do think I am going to go back to SW. I have debated other weight loss programmes but I think SW fits in best with my lifestyle as you can pretty much eat a bit of everything xx

The thing is you never need to be hungry, there are some amazing recipes on the sw section. Its a balanced, healthy eating plan. Why not set yourself some mini goals. For example

1) to exercise 15 mins a day (just walking to start with)

not sure what else to suggest, but set small achievable goals ie 3 of them, and then once you have achieved them set 3 more :)

This way you are setting yourself up to succeed :)

I also find (I know its a slimpod thing but my friends are all doing SW and join in too) writing down 3 positives a day. No matter how hard a day you have had. This helps us to keep the head in the right place, stops us dwelling on the pesky negatives, and really helps :) x

Hi there dimples,

That would be great! Just got back from a night out and have seen your response, so I'll respond properly tomorrow x

I'm in a similar situation- I have a history of depression and emotional eating, and when I put 2 stone on since Christmas, I need to do something about it.

For me, I'm starting with a VLCD and total meal replacement because I want a break from thinking about food for a while, and doing a weight management class with my mental health PCT at the same time. I initially lost 6 stone on Slimming World, but haven't been able to go back to it- just couldn't get the magic and mindset going a second time, or a third, and the unlimited portions thing didn't work well with my emotional issues going. You can do it though- I know a lot of people, it takes them time to get back into it, and a lot of the success stories in the SW magazine are 2nd- or- 3rd (or more) timers.

.dimples. said:
Hello, thank you for replying to my thread =)

That would be lovely if you don't mind? I haven't sent enough messages to pm members at the moment though, so I hope that you see this message and reply to me xx

Hiya dimples, how are you getting on?

Flutterby3 and dimples can I join too? I have an awful amount of weight to loose due to ED and I think someone to account to via email/forum would be a big help.

Hi I hope you don't mind me tagging on too. I have BED and am really struggling at the moment. I am 3 stone over my normal weight but just can't seem to stick to an eating plan of any kind. I've been successful with SW in the past, but couldn't get back on it and recently lost 2 stone with Exante (vlcd) but after xmas couldn't get back on it (bit of a pattern here), lost belief that I could do it and have put 1.5 stone back on :( I know with BED, dieting is not advised but I just feel I need to lose the weight, as well as working on my head.

Would really love to message/support others with BED/disordered eating. Hopefully it will help me to decide on a plan and stick to it!

Hazel
x

Hi! There appears to be quite a few of us in the same situation! I've lost and gained a number of stones in the past few years. Two stones have been put on since christmas too and I have had no motivation to shift it. I'm 23 now and ready to put disordered eating behind me. I was unsuccessful with SW due there being no restrictions for vegetarians (free pasta, quorn and the like), so I work well on WW. I agree with JackieN about the walking, that's what I find best when I want to build up a bit of stamina. You'll get there, there's a lot of support here. :)

Back