Really good (for me haha) non scale victory today!

candyflee

Well, today for the first time in over 2 years I ran a solid 10.5k. Two years ago i used to run 5 and 10k events, and then I stopped running, moved here and put the extra weight on. Just after xmas I went to the gym to have a go on the treadmill and lasted all of 7 minutes and literally felt like I was dying (and in fact, I actually threw up lol), fast forward to today and I managed the 10.5k on the treadmill (without stopping! lol) and felt great, I even felt like I could go a bit more but I had to go as my lift was leaving (think she go bored waiting on me!).

I finally feel like I'm starting to get 'me' back again. So far this month theres been hard times and times where I havent had much motivation, but its all been worth it :D

candyflee said:
Well, today for the first time in over 2 years I ran a solid 10.5k. Two years ago i used to run 5 and 10k events, and then I stopped running, moved here and put the extra weight on. Just after xmas I went to the gym to have a go on the treadmill and lasted all of 7 minutes and literally felt like I was dying (and in fact, I actually threw up lol), fast forward to today and I managed the 10.5k on the treadmill (without stopping! lol) and felt great, I even felt like I could go a bit more but I had to go as my lift was leaving (think she go bored waiting on me!).

I finally feel like I'm starting to get 'me' back again. So far this month theres been hard times and times where I havent had much motivation, but its all been worth it :D

Wow that's amazing well done x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done :) x

That really is amazing. Well done, you should feel very proud right now! :)

Fantastic, well done!!

well done im still trying to find a speed im comfortable at im not great at running but im finding im getting better as i keep trying the swimming side of things i have improved on greatly

Back