really struggling at the moment

metrognome

is getting better at it
hello all, i am really struggling at the moment :cry:with all the planning that needs to be done so i am thinking of calorie counting for a week or so, i am ok up till lunchtime then i decide i dont want what i have taken with me and have something else resulting in blowing the plan then carry on eating what i like for the rest of the day then feel bad for what i have been eating.
will i still be welcome on here? i love reading the posts
thanks

come on, leg up and back on the SW plan! it does become hard at times but it we stick with it, we will lose weight! Are you eating the foods that you like, or do you feel as if you are going without nice food that you enjoy?

I know its hard to stick to it but dont give up just yet, plan your food and eat it, if you change to calorie counting you are still gonna have the same problem(not fancying what you have planned).We are all the same and need to change our thoughts on food,ie, when we go out for the evening it should be the company and enjoyment that are most important,not the food.Try it for another week,stick to it,no excuses and see how you get on.I dont think switching plans will help you,you just need to focus.hope you feel ok and are not too down about the whole diet thing. keep in touch

I used to worry about planning too, but someone on here gave me some great advice. One meal at a time. Not a day or a week at a time, but one meal.

Yes if you can plan then fantastic. I thought the key to SW success was in the planning...but it's not! You can take it one meal at a time and it works too.

Don't switch yet. Give it time and effort...

Are you actually preparing stuff that excites you and that you look forward to eating at lunchtimes? When you open your lunchbox you should be thinking 'oooh good!'
There is SO much tastebud-tingling food you can create on SW, there's no need to feel bored or restricted.

I've said it before and will say it again...your head has got to be totally in 'The Zone' for any diet/eating plan to work. It's hard work, takes commitment and dedication (to yourself!) and is far from easy. There's a big difference between wanting to lose weight and actually doing it. But it CAN be done. It's a tough journey with bumpy roads and big hills...but you can get there. And we're all here to help you on the wagon!!!

thank you
your all right i give up to easy and i am lazy and just want to grab anything, i have been taking salads with me for lunch and have got bored of them and do not fill satisfied after i have eaten them. i wil have to think of something more substantial any ideas, i sit in a car all day and im not good at doing green days
thank you again

Have you tried Extra Easy, maybe something like a Pasta Salad stuffed with Chicken & Bacon. Cooked New Potatoes with a little onion, peppers, peas and some kind of meat. I took a Low Sugar Jelly with a load of frozen berries in it to college the other day, was surprisingly filling and only 2 syns :)

OH works in Subway and we have the Club Salad quite a bit, the portion of cheese sprinkled on top is less then an A box and its so filling (sweet onion dressing is 2 syns and gorgeous!) I usually count it as 4 syns to cover the reformed meat, but its probably less then that as you dont have a lot.

Im a veggie so just do green days. Today i had roasted veg, cous cous and feta cheese (hexa)-its amazing what difference it is if you have something that you want to eat, and look forward to eating it! I do have problems with organising myself with food, but when I do its so much easier and more enjoyable. Good luck x

Awwww Karen....you're always welcome on here! :):)

I can only echo all the comments above. I know what you're going through as well, I'm really struggling just now as well. I need a good kick up the arse! BUT we just have to keep remembering how far we have come in even just making the step to join, and the losses we have had.

Far too many achievements to chuck it away Karen, so pick yourself up, giving yourself a pat on the back for those achievements and carry on :):)

K xx

I found lunches difficult initially too. I am doing EE, so I make something that will last a couple of days, eg, couscous with salad (I add mint and red onion to make it tasty) with a grilled turkey breast, or a rice and vegetable mix with a couple of quorn sausages. For the past 2 days, I have bought in a lentil loaf I made using a SW recipe. Salad alone would not work for me, so I definitely need something more substantial. The options I have listed above, together with a fat free yoghurt and lots of fruit, stops me feeling hungry at work.
Tracy

I have soup for lunch most days - I make a load of it at the weekends, freeze it in portions and then quickly pop one in the microwave each morning, transfer it to my thermos, and I'm ready for lunch.

I've got loads of recipes now and the freezer means I never have the same soup two days running!

I tend to have a ryvita too (I eat sultana bran in the morning so have one ryvita 'spare' as my HExB) - so I don't feel I'm missing bread, and also try and make thick soups with pasta etc in.

I think lunches can be the hardest part of the day. Especially if I am out and about. I often buy roasted peri peri chicken from Big Johns (think they may only be in Birmingham) and strip the skin off. The residue flavour on my fingers makes it really nice. I ask them to give me a salad with it instead of chips. I really love it.

Maybe you could buy chicken portions, grill them and carry them with you, mixed with the salad. And, make a nice dressing to go along with it. Or, have fruit instead of salad. I eat strawberries daily. They are beautiful with quark mixed with splenda.

Please dont give up. I felt like giving up a few weeks ago. I have given up on sooo many diets over the years. It gets depressing and is not good for my metabolism. Please keep going and keep talking to us on here.

:)

x

I take a packed lunch to work, potato salads, usually with half a can of chickpes in it, slices of cold Spanish omelette. Couscous with loads of chopped veg but ALWAYS with some protein in it, usually beans but sometimes chicken. A baked potato with sweetcorn and tuna mixed with extra low mayo (syned), i eat it cold. Just a plain salad just doesn't keep me going. I used to try and eat a small lunch, but it doesn't work.

Back