Extra Easy Days Really struggling - Micronor to blame?

MrsGinty

Hi there,

I joined slimming world in November 2012 after losing 3.5 stones at home and hitting a standstill with my weight. Within 6 moths I lost 4.5 stones and felt amazing. I became pregnant and left in January 2014 as money was getting tight. My son is now 11 weeks old and I am almost 3 stones heavier.

Approximately 5 weeks ago, I started the plan again from home and lost 4lbs in the first week - I've not lost a single lb since. I am following the plan correctly and never going over my daily syn allowance (usually having around 10 a day). The only thing I can think of that has changed is that I started Micronor (the mini pill) around the same time I re- started Slimming World. It's just a massive contrast to what I previously lost with Slimming World. I am considering an alternative method of contraception (I used to be on the normal pill- its caused me major headaches and mouth ulcers) because I can no longer stand the sight of my body - I would sooner live with the headaches! Anyway, has anyone else had a similar problem with this pill? I have considered that the extra weight may be water retention so i have upped my water intake in hopes to 'flush it through', but this has proved fruitless.

Any advice will be gratefully received!!

Many thanks

Jenny

Honestly? I think that your baby is still so little and your body is still probably adjusting to the massive changes in hormones and stress that it's gone through for the past year. Are you breastfeeding? I only ask as I know you get a lot more healthy extras if you are and this could be a reason why you've stalled (if you're not having them I mean)

Can you jot down a typical days food for people to look at and see if anything jumps out?

I do hope you're not putting too much pressure on yourself at this time, I know it feels awful when you're carrying baby weight (been there, done that!) but the most important thing at the moment is for you to be kind to yourself and look after yourself as well as your new baby.

It's definitely worth speaking to your GP about whether weight gain is a side effect of your particular contraceptive, but I think he will probably say that you need to let everything settle down for a little while before deciding to switch to a different pill which actually DOES have unpleasant and painful side effects for you.

Oh and finally, the scales are not always the best measure of weight loss. Try taking some measurements as well and see if there's any inches lost over the next month.

Good luck to you, and congratulations on the birth of your baby. :)

Hi :)
I think the advice given above is excellent and would only add to it by saying I am taking the mini pill (cerelle/cerazette) and haven't noticed any side effects in relation to my weight loss. I did wonder at first if it was hindering me but having taken several breaks with no difference I concluded I'm a slow loser! X

Hi, Congrats on the birth of your new baby. I would say your body is still adjusting after having your lovely baby. I take the same pill and haven't had any problems to be honest, but everyones different. Don't get disheartened hun, post a food diary and let us see if we can help :)

congratulations on the birth of your little man. xx

i echo what has been said above . especially Sallyvator,

'I do hope you're not putting too much pressure on yourself at this time, I know it feels awful when you're carrying baby weight (been there, done that!) but the most important thing at the moment is for you to be kind to yourself and look after yourself as well as your new baby.''

Thank you for your replies! I am no longer breastfeeding- I have high blood pressure so the doctor advised me to stop before giving me medication.

my food diary for today (typical day)
B - 2x Weetabix (He) apple
L - leftover chilli (from last night) & pasta - banana
D - bottomless Quiche, SW chips, Salad

syns - M&S chocolate & pecan popcorn 6.5
Danone danio fat free fruit layer - mango 1.5
Options hot chocolate hazelnut sachet - 2

I feel constantly bloated and bleugh! Thank you for your lovely words :)

Jenny

Hi Jenny

Your food looks good! I assume there is super free in your chilli/quiche as well as on the side so that doesn't seem to be an issue- maybe your body might just take a little time to cotton on?
You could try the usuals- an odd red/green day, a few 'success express' meals, switching up your hexb's for a week, soup for lunch each day for a week, scan bran.....
Don't like the sound of still feeling bloated though- is there a possibility you could have developed a food intolerance? Perhaps keep a note of how your feeling physically after eating different foods?
Keep plugging away at it if you can :D x

Hope you are doing well? Id maybe look at a little more superfree with breakfast if you can manage it. Loads of veg in your chilli too like the previous post. Are you drinking plenty of water?
Keep your chin up :)

Back