Really struggling today :-(

Harry'sMom07

Silver Member
I am really struggling today :cry: There are still lots of chocolates and yummy biscuits in the house and I am resisting, but reeeeeeally want some. I can't chuck them cos they're being slowly eaten by my kids and DH and it's not fair on them, but it's so hard! I've been back on plan 100% since Sunday but don't know if I can do it today :(

You're a much nicer mother than I am. On the 27th I gave all our leftovers away to neighbours etc and my son has had to live with it :-D

Seriously though, you're doing fantastically well. If you do slip up remember, it's not the end of the world. Your consultant isn't going to be hammering on your door pointing a finger.

You're only human xxx

My syns are already allocated for wine - it is NYE after all ;)

I know I'm only human, but when I do something, I do it the best I can. So far, I have been following SW for 10 weeks - 100%. Not one slip up (apart from Christmas and boxing days, but had decided that at the start).

I just find it hard to relax a bit as losing this weight is soooo important to me.

Can't they have a secret hiding place for them? That way they can still enjoy them without it being a torment for you. Or maybe OH should be in charge of them and distribute them to the children appropriately. I'm sure they'll understand. They'll probably enjoy being able to help their mum for a change. I know the kids in my class would enjoy being given that trust and openness from their mums anyway (aged 9-11).

x

can you put any of them into the freezer? thats what i have done with as many goodies as possible.. then even if I do crack, then i have to let things defrost at least enough so that i dont break my teeth on them but the boys ( in my house) can still get them out for when they want .... failing that.. maybe you could get in the freezer and cool your cravngs off :) .. being a cravng girl with choc / sweeties etc myself.. i sympathise with how hard it is .... go and do something that will make you super busy mentally ..... or give yourself movng goal posts .. so you will do this job and then you will have a sweet an then when you get to the end then instead of giving yourself the sweet, simply do it again .. its all psycological at the end of the day.. just think how smug ( in a NYE tipsey kinda way) you will feel when you can clmb into bed after the bongs.. knowing that you got through what was a very challenging day!
Klare
x

Keep strong! Have a cuppa & try and find something to take your mind off the chocs. Imagine how proud you'll feel if you resist versus how annoyed you'll be later if you scoff loads!

I know how you feel, I have asked my parents to hide the goodies away where I wont find them.

You have had some great advice already.......
But, it kinda helps me to remember my goal, and why I'm doing it. Its really hard, but I think willpower is the biggest thing needed, and remembering the consequences of what you do......yes the food tastes good but once it's eaten it's gone within minutes and then your left feeling bad for eating it and all different emotions.......think how much more important your goal is rather than a few seconds of pleasure. It's very hard, we all know that......but we have been shown through other peoples examples that it can be done......so try to be strong and look forward to the scales dropping for that perfect occassion/outfit you have in mind.

Hope all goes well for you xx :)

actually yes that was something I didnt mention that I do a lot.... when i can feel the cravings kick in, i go and make the MOST ENORMOUS batch of SW chips ( easer now I have a tefal actifry admittedly) and I basically sit and gorge on them until I am an inch away from vomitting lol .. it works though!!! I am known as the chip lady at my group :)

I am really struggling today...

I feel your pain - days like this suck the big one.

Some good advice from the people on here already - fill up on yummy fruit! I like to smother it in fat free yog mixed with sweetener.

Our SW consultant did something really interesting this year. For about 6 weeks prior to our last pre-Christmas meet on the 22nd she had us passing around a bundle of knitting and each doing a row. She made it a competition between the three classes that she runs, and it got quite fierce - a lot of hard work and interesting patterns went in to that knitting!

Then at the Christmas WI, she got the knitting out, had us all admiring our handiwork... and then she proceeded to unravel it, much to our horror.

She said 'Now remember this feeling, and looks on all of your faces. Think of all the hard work you've put in this year, how pleased you have all been with your progress, but remember...' (still unravelling the knitting) '...how easy it is for the whole thing to come undone. And how much it's not worth it, for the sake of your brain demanding cheap thrills in the form of choco-lard'.

I'm paraphrasing of course, but it was quite an astonishing little demonstration, and it has stayed with me all Christmas.

I hope you manage to see your way through today - I hope we all do - and I know we'll all feel better and stronger for it come tomorrow and the next day when life goes back to normal and we're left facing another year!

Get your hubby/kids to hide the chocs/anything tempting. They'll support you (especially if they know they still get to nom the chocs!)

Good luck

Rx

that knitting iea is a fantastic one... and actually it has reminded me of something I forgot to put in my list of 'creative goals / new years ressies' .. i want to learn to knit! :) thankyou !.. oh and crochet! :)

That's a really inspiring way to view weight loss! All of the hard work can so easily be undone in such a short time. That's really hit home actually and I'll try to remember that when I'm struggling and the chocolate looks so tempting.

Thank you all for your inspiring words. I am still resisting but now DH has started on the chocs :( Think I might sneak off upstairs and watch Tv on my own while my little one is napping!

I love the knitting thing. Maybe we should all start and each time we put on weight, unravel a bit...

Managed to resist all day. Had a piece of shortbread and a small glass of wine, then just tucked into a portion of SW chips with extra light mayo - my little treat instead of crisps or nuts!

DH cottoned on to why I was moody and asked stepson not to eat them infront of me, bless him.

@Harry'sMom07 - Glad you made it through!

Glad you guys liked the knitting story - it really helped me today, possibly the hardest day of the year for me.

But I made it! less than 10 syns today.

Hope you've all had fun.

Rx

Back