Really Upset !

Anthony Smith

Slimmer 2010
Ive just had my first weigh in since the beginning of December as that is when i come off the diet so about 6 weeks ago,
i just got weighed by my CDC and i have put on 4lbs, im really disappointed as i tried to do healthy eating !!! im so upset, cant wait too get back on the diet next Monday :cry::cry::cry:

Anthony that is pretty darn amazing considering we have just had xmas and new year (which is all about the food). Don't be so hard on yourself as you know just 1 week on cd and you will have lost that and some more.

Goodluck (although am sure you won't need it)

xx

Hi Anthony

There will be a lot of better informed people than me but from my own knowledge I can truly say that 4lb is a very low gain. Not sure if you came off CD in a structured and planned way (that is, working up the plans). I came off the diet in November and within a week I regained the weight I lost in my first CD week - this is called your glycogen weight, its the glycogen store that you use up in order to get into ketosis. Remember weight fluctuates day to day and by the hour, your current weight could have been influenced by the time you weighed, what you were wearing, if you had recently eaten.
If you are going back on CD then 4lb will be gone in a couple of days, I thik you did incredibly well to put on next to nothing over the Christmas and New Year season.

Good Luck with your re-start and don't be upset, you are doing just fine x

Oh! I would be thrilled if I had only put on 4lb! Most of that will be glycogen and water...so when you are back on track with the CD it will even out quickly :) x

Thank you slimwannabe,
and blingbabe no it wasnt a structered coming off plan it was just simply one week on and the next back to normal eating, healthy obviously (well trying) but yeah in 5-6 weeks i put 4lbs on !
x

Anthony

For the record, I did not eat sensibly as you did so not only did the initial week 1 weight reappear but also another seven pounds.
But this diet is so quick, I am on day 8 and know that I have already shed more than 7 pounds.
Well done on demonstrating such a disciplined and sensible approach during your 'time off'!

Please don't be upset, 4lb in a month after leaving a vlcd is a wonderful gain - 4lb is literally nothing, your body would no doubt put most of that on just for eating real food - you should be very very proud of that gain and of yourself!

I applaud you for only a 4lb gain. I came off the diet for xmas and new year, have my restart sesh with CDC on thurs. According to my Wii Fit thingy ive put on double what you have at least. But i also know itll be off with my 1st wi, if not then deffo the 2nd. So keep positive itll be gone quicker than you think :)

4lb is amazing hun!! God I have been doing CD for a week and its only today that I am at the weight i was 4 weeks ago!! Dont be downbeat, get back on track and gl hun x

Anthony that 4lb will disappear in no time. I truly think you have done well as i gained 5lb over the christmas and new year period myself so 6 weeks and 4lb on, is spectacular in my eyes, you will get that off asap.

Don't be disappointed!! At least you know you can do it. I've failed :cry:

Only lost 4lb this week and others on here have kept to it and had amazing losses. I'm doing it this week though :D

Claire xx

I'm with Blingbabe on this one.

Anthony, if you've been eating carbs (bread, potatoes, rice, pasta) that'll be a glycogen and water gain.

That's all. In fact, if you have been eating carbs, the moment you get back into ketosis, you'll lose all of those pounds in a matter of days, and probably a couple more besides. In real terms, you've probably lost weight... :D

So definitely don't be disheartened, hun!

Back