Really?!?!

Nally

Can my scales honestly show an 8lb difference between morning and afternoon? I weighed first thing this morning and was 8lbs down - couldn't resist hopping on when I got in a minute ago and I'm back to where I was? :confused: I know weight can fluctuate on a daily basis but I didn't think it would be anywhere near half a stone!

wouldnt have thought so mine show a lb or 2, but not that much, are they reliable?

step away from the scales lol - honestly don't weigh yourself - its lethal xx

Those electronic scales can go wierd very suddenly.. the balancers in them go out of synch. We use industrial electronic scales in work and we have to get them re-calibrated every year to make sure they stay "true".

Pop a couple of cans of beans or something on them (that you know the weight of) and see if that weighs true. If it does then you must have been standing on one foot ;-)

They're those scales you need to be barefoot on so they won't weigh beans or anything like that, they don't register it. I might move them as where I have them at the moment it's a bit difficult to get to them.

I suppose the main thing is NOT to go and stuff my face because I've 'failed' which is what my head is telling me to do! xxx

I have those scales too and it happens all the time the best thing to do is way yourself in the morning just after you get up! I wouldn`t worry or lose heart bet you`ll be the same if not less in morning as you were this monring.

I suppose the main thing is NOT to go and stuff my face because I've 'failed' which is what my head is telling me to do! xxx

That's the peril of the daily weigh; it can affect your mood so much and it's not a "true" weigh in anyway. Why take the risk of sabotaging yourself; take the batteries out and put them away for the duration of CD. Once a week with your CDC is more than enough.

That's the peril of the daily weigh; it can affect your mood so much and it's not a "true" weigh in anyway. Why take the risk of sabotaging yourself; take the batteries out and put them away for the duration of CD. Once a week with your CDC is more than enough.

totally agree - I don't even own any x

I have those scales and I am, always, weighing myself.....keep telling myself to stop it! I find they fluctuate quite a lot but, I step on and off a few times to find a consistent reading.

It can ruin your day, when you get a rise...we know it can't be fat because we are on minimal calories!

I promise not to weigh myself till Sunday morning...let's agree to not weigh till weigh-in day!

You can fluctuate a lot though .. when on CD I always weigh twice a day ( its a positive thing for me .. if its good news it spurs me on .. if bad it makes me try harder ...) and I tend to fluctuate about 5-6 lb from morning to night .. over night you dont drink any water .. but if you are like me , you wee a few times .. so in the morning you are the lightest , then during the day you force 2-4 litres down you , t weighs a lot !!! I do agree with the others though , if your lack of a loss makes you even think about giving in .. dont do it !!!!

I been on the diet since Friday and thought Monday that it would be a really good idea to weigh myself on the wiifit and was really happy. On wednesday i weighed myself again and the loss wasnt so great and felt down all day about it.

I been advised not to weigh myself, and I know i shouldnt but the temptation is so high lol

I only weigh myself once a week on a Sunday and this is the only reading I log and pay attention to.

However, I also get weighed when I see my consultant which is so annoying because her scales always show me to be at least 6lbs heavier than I actually am! In panic I then rush home and weigh myself on my electronic and manual scales which prove that her scales are totally inaccurate. It's still so annoying though.

It's not that the other scales are "inaccurate" ... all scales weigh differently ... that's why it is advised to only stick to one.

Back