Reasons for losing weight

diorsmum

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has any other reasons for losing weight, other than the obvious because we are too fat :)

Mine is to have IVF. BMI has to be under 30. Hopefully I will lose it just to put on again in pregnancy :eek:

Awww that's a fantastic reason to do it!! I'm doing it for my daughters sake, I want to be able to keep up with her. Also, sick of being the fat one in the group and want to feel good about myself.
Good luck hun with a goal like that you are sure to succeed!!

i get married next summer so thats one reason, but also i hate being the 'fat one' in the group. its been going on long enough and i wana be happy in myself and not fear the heat of summer :)

Sore joints
Sore back
Heavy periods
Son's wedding next year
Can't get cycling clothes to fit
Want to enjoy retirement in 15 years time.
Want to be able to run after grankids (if I'm blessed).
More choice in clothes sales

Hi, my doctor has advised me to lose weight for coneception as well. Also I want to be a size 12, its been years, I am the biggest of all my friends and I want my confidence back.

I have a few reasons but my biggest reason is my little girl I want to be able to enjoy time together playing and running around and I would be absolutely mortified if she was ever embarrassed to be seen with me in front of her friends......

mine is conception - fertility treatment also - our first fertility appt next monday (cra*ping myself) good luck ladies. xx

Well being a man and having three sons I didn't want to conceive! But being type 2 diabetic and losing control of it really got me worried so I decided that I needed to finally do something. Hence the LT. It has been a hard 7 1/2 months but so totally worth it.

Aching joints

Improved self confidence

To feel sexy & ladylike again

To be able to walk into any shop & be able to wear what I want without it having horrible geometric patterns or massive flowers emblazoned across them!

To improve my general health

To get back to feeling "me" again! *Sigh*

Well for the health benefits alone but mainly so I can start living my life! I'd got the point where I didn't go out. I went to work then came home!

I want to go dancing, I want to wear nice fitted clothes and I want to have fun!

Roll on summer :)

xox

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well being a man and having three sons I didn't want to conceive! But being type 2 diabetic and losing control of it really got me worried so I decided that I needed to finally do something. Hence the LT. It has been a hard 7 1/2 months but so totally worth it.

I didnt think you could do this if you were diabetic, obviously I am wrong. Can you tell me whether there are any extra restrictions, as I may recomend it to my mum x:D:D

omg - you are a total inspriation, you are amazing! well done xx

bessie84 said:
mine is conception - fertility treatment also - our first fertility appt next monday (cra*ping myself) good luck ladies. xx

Good luck with your appointment hun x

I didnt think you could do this if you were diabetic, obviously I am wrong. Can you tell me whether there are any extra restrictions, as I may recomend it to my mum x:D:D

Well I am type 2 diabetic - If your Mum is Type 1 then she may not be able. Even so as a Type 2 I had to get it OK'd by my Dr before the pharmacy?LT would let me start. When I did this diet back in 2000 I was actually put on it via a trial at my local hospital run by my diabetic consultant so I iknw that it's fine for type 2 - Type 1 is a different issue check to be safe.

My reason: I took the dog & cat to the vets one day. I was in a wheelchair, so I had the dog on a lead & the cat in a basket on my knee. Problem was, my belly stuck out so far the the cat basket wouldn't fit on my knee, so I had to get a smaller basket & balance it on my belly, then tie it with another dog lead to my neck. If it had fallen off, I would have strangled myself! I then had the embarrasment of the vet trying to untangle the lead from my hair.
So my reason is, smaller belly means bigger cat basket!

Well I am type 2 diabetic - If your Mum is Type 1 then she may not be able. Even so as a Type 2 I had to get it OK'd by my Dr before the pharmacy?LT would let me start. When I did this diet back in 2000 I was actually put on it via a trial at my local hospital run by my diabetic consultant so I iknw that it's fine for type 2 - Type 1 is a different issue check to be safe.

Thanks, my mum is type 2. She has a lot of weight to lose, maybe Ill recomend it and ask her to speak to her GP x thanks

Back