Recent convert to SW

Lindz82

Hello all!

I have recently started Slimming World after previously losing weight on a calorie controlled diet (DietPlan, previously Sainsbury's diets) and then failing and putting it all back on again. The problem was I was constantly hungry, even after I had just eaten a meal. Then when my calories were reduced to 1200 a day I just couldn't do it. I have a big appetite!

I only need to lose about 2 and a half stone to get back to a size 10/12 (currently 14 going on 16) and I know if I don't sort it out now i'm in my 30's the weight will just keep creeping on...

I'm enjoying SW so far, it's such a relief to not have to count calories any more and be able to eat until I am full! My problem is that half the month I can stick to it and the other half I just give up and eat cake. I thought doing this diary might help me stick to it.

I was wondering about the different types of plans... do the original/green days work better/quicker than extra easy? It seems completely bizarre that the same meal can have completely different syn values depending on whether you are doing green/original or extra easy!

Anyway, today I have eaten as follows (extra easy):

Breakfast:
2 turkey sausages (2 syns each)
Heinz BBQ flavour beans
2 slices wholemeal toast (HEB) spread with 2 laughing cow light cheese triangles (half of HEA)
An egg fried in frylight
2 cups of tea with milk (HEA)

I do tend to get hungry pretty quickly in the mornings so try to have a big breakfast so I can last longer! (I don't eat that much on weekdays!)

Lunch:
Home made pasta with chopped up quorn low fat sausages (the low fat ones are syn free!), tinned tomatoes, courgette and onion, and some Discovery chipotle sauce (half a syn for one tbsp) sprinkled with a grated babybel light (2 syns)

No snacks today because of the big meals, but ive had a coffee (I'm really loving flavoured coffees at the moment, I have them black with no sugar) and a diet coke.

For dinner later I'm going to try the syn free KFC chicken recipe using Smash as the coating, mushy peas and maybe some SW chips or sweet potato chips.

So far: 6 and a half Syns

Hmm, I did add another post to this last night and for some reason it didn't work... Ill try again then

I made the KFC chicken which was mostly successful, the only thing was I overcooked it so the chicken was very dry, but apart from that the flavour was lovely! I couldn't find chicken bovril so I crushed up a chicken oxo cube into the beaten egg. I also used a chipotle rub mixed into the smash instead of the other spices. I will definitely be trying it again but trying not to completely dry out the chicken this time.

It was also the first time I've made slimming world chips and they were amazing! Really crispy just how I like them.

My third super free was salad with lettuce, tomatoes and radishes.

I'm still new to this so I'm going to try and add photos and see if it works...

IMG_2053_zpsbf797105.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_2054_zpsdbaedef7.jpg
[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

SW fried chicken

Hmmm... I'm struggling to update this thread, also adding photos... still getting my head around it

Anyway, I tried the SW fried chicken and it was mostly a success, the only problem was that I overcooked it and it was very dry! But that can be fixed next time.

I couldn't find any chicken bovril so I crumbled up a chicken oxo cube into the beaten egg instead. I also used a smokey chipotle rub mixed into the smash instead of the other spices.

It was the first time ive made SW chips as well and they were gorgeous! really crispy just how I like them. My third superfree was lettuce, tomatoes and radishes.

IMG_2054_zpsdbaedef7.jpg

IMG_2053_zpsbf797105.jpg

Hmmm... I'm struggling to update this thread, also adding photos... still getting my head around it

Anyway, I tried the SW fried chicken and it was mostly a success, the only problem was that I overcooked it and it was very dry! But that can be fixed next time.

I couldn't find any chicken bovril so I crumbled up a chicken oxo cube into the beaten egg instead. I also used a smokey chipotle rub mixed into the smash instead of the other spices.

It was the first time ive made SW chips as well and they were gorgeous! really crispy just how I like them. My third superfree was lettuce, tomatoes and radishes.

Ive been trying to add photographs of the end result but I'm not sure what the problem is but it won't work!

OK so now I've made a pigs ear of my first thread....

Today's food is as follows (extra easy):

Breakfast:
2 Turkey sausages (2 syns each)
2 slices wholemeal toast (HEB) spread with 2 light laughing cow triangles (half HEA)
half a tin of Heinz beans with cheese (the app says 1.5 syns a tin, so i'll just say 1 syn?!)
Tea with milk

Lunch:
I made an aubergine stew from a Jamie Oliver recipe but I left out the olive oil and olives (Jamie sure does love his olive oil!). It was aubergines, onion, capers, tomatoes, oregano and cider vinegar.
Some leftover SW chicken

IMG_2055_zpsda431955.jpg

Then I made some slimming world pancakes for the first time and had them with a Danio 0% fat cherry yogurt (1.5 syns). Not sure I'll make the pancakes again, they were ok but not nice enough to go to all that effort...

As I had a late breakfast and late lunch I'm not sure I will have a full dinner... I'll see how I feel later

Ive been a proper slob today and spent most of the day on the sofa...

Ive just had a combination of a spicy sweet and sour mug shot in a bowl with chick peas thrown in to bulk it out. Works quite well! I think I'll have a mango now for dessert.

Total syns today 6 and a half. But I might have an options hot chocolate later on.

Hi Lindz

Just came across your thread, I've been doing SW for a few weeks now and also can't get over how easy it is and that I've never been hungry yet! I've done weightwatchers for many years and as you say, it's a breath of fresh air to not be counting and weighing.

Loving your recipe experiments so far. I have bought a bag of smash but haven't been brave enough to try it yet. Did make a frittata with cottage cheese - which I hate!! - but it was completely lush.

Any way best of luck with it all xx

Thanks Simba

I love cooking and baking so I enjoy trying new recipes. I also love fried chicken so always interested in a healthy alternative! I was really surprised how well the smash worked.

Unfortunately I now have a reputation as the 'team baker' at work as I like to bake cakes and bring them in for everyone. I'll have to try some healthier alternatives to my chocolate guinness cake and shortbread recipes! mmm making myself hungry again now :(

Todays food as follows:

Extra easy

Breakfast:
2 turkey sausages (2 syns each) on 2 slices wholemeal bread (HEB) with some Heinz BBQ sauce (1 syn)

Lunch:
Leftover chicken, aubergine stew and chick peas

I stayed late at work and had a sweet 7 sour mug shot. Now I'm home my stomach is rumbling but Ive no idea what I want to eat!

Snacks:

A danio 0% fat cherry (1.5 syns)
leftover syn free pancakes
Cherries! check out these bad boys...

IMG_2058_zpsedd69266.jpg

I am now completely spoilt by M&S cherries and I refuse to eat any others that are smaller and not as sweet. I LOVE these cherries and ate the whole punnet. Not cheap though!

I also had some baby bananas, a few cups of tea (HEA), a few black coffees and a diet coke. Total syns 6.5

I also got a bit bored at work...

IMG_2059_zps2898b300.jpg

Today's food: Ended up as a green day unintentionally

Breakfast:
2 slices wholemeal toast (HEB) with 2 laughing cow light triangles (half HEA)
half a tin of Heinz cheesy beans (1 syn - what a waste of syns, can't even taste the cheese in it!)
Tea with milk (HEA)

Cadbury highlights mid morning (2 syns)
a few mini bananas, an apple

Lunch:
wholegrain rice
half tin chick peas
rest of aubergine stew from the other day

Danio 0% fat cherry yoghurt (1.5 syns)
Mug shot sweet and sour

Dinner:
2 Linda Mccartney rosemary and red onion sausages (free!)
sweet potato wedges
tomatoes, mushrooms and an egg fried in frylight
2 tbsp lighter than light mayo (1 syn)

IMG_2061_zps2ac9bd4d.jpg

OK so the last week kind of went right out of the window.

I went on a camping trip on Friday until Sunday with a group of friends, and there was lots of sausages, crisps, biscuits, marshmallows etc etc. I wasn't even going to kid myself that I could resist it.

Yesterday I had to get rid of the leftover marshmallows, biscuits etc. By get rid of I mean eat.

So today I started afresh, and ive decided to try some red days. Here is what I ate:

Breakfast:

Half a mango
Danio 0% fat cherry (1.5 syns)
35g Dorset classic fruit, seeds and nuts HEB (I know the healthy extra says Dorset 'Simply delicious' or 'simply nutty', but I only had this one in the house... don't know how much difference there is?)
Tea with milk (HEA)

Snacks:
Half a mango
Banana
A few black coffees and tea with milk (HEA)

Lunch:
The biggest salad bowl ever from Waitrose (all superfree apart from about 5 sweetcorn kernels, what's that about?!) with cyder vinegar, a trout fillet, a few extra carrot batons and baby plum tomatoes.

Afternoon snacks:
Waitrose tomato and basil soup in a cup (2.5 syns)
a whole pack of chargrilled chicken pieces
some carrot batons
25g Wensleydale cheese with apricots (was hoping this would be a HEA but alas, no. 4.5 syns.)

Dinner:
I have a SW quiche baking in the oven with tenderstem broccoli, baby plum tomatoes and chopped ham.

Total syns 8.5

Ive been feeling hungrier because of the lack of carbs, but Im going to try and stick with it until next wednesday, because next Thursday I'm off to Egypt! It's for work rather than pleasure, but I fully intend to just stick to the safest (ie, well cooked and hot) foods whilst i'm out there to avoid the dreaded runny tummy, so if the only thing I trust is chips and bread, Im eating chips and bread!

Its my weigh in day tomorrow so I will find out what damage the weekend has done!

well against all odds I lost weight this week. Only half a pound but I was still surprised. The Slimming World website congratulated me on my amazing half pound gain over the past 9 weeks :-/

Anyway, had a good red day today:

Breakfast:
Half a galia melon with ff fromage frais and 35g of dorset muesli (HEB)
Tea with milk (Also several cups throughout the day - HEA)

Snacks:
2 Bananas
a plum
Half a galia melon
several black coffees

Lunch:
half of the SW quiche I made last night
salad - lettuce, tomatoes and carrot
diet coke

Dinner (still at work)
Trout fillet on 2 small slices of wholemeal bread (HEB) with cottage cheese
carrot batons dipped in more cottage cheese

No syns today - I'm currently snowed under at work and i think that has taken my mind off food slightly!

I'm going to bed now, it's been a long day

Back