Recipe for chilli chicken wanted

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by roxy222, 21 October 2010 Social URL.

1. roxy222

roxy222 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.23%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi everyone i had the nicest chilli chicken pitta with salad when i was out last weekend it was a dark sauce for being sweet chilli think it was more of a honey chilli chicken i would love a recipe that i could make this that it would be slimming world friendly

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. JosieDelonge

JosieDelonge Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(16.67%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hiya,

I followed a good chinese cooking recipe for sticky chilli chicken but unfortunately, none of it is SW friendly! Sweet chilli sauce is the best option to use but that's about 1.5 syns per tablespoon.

The reciped I followed started with quick frying 3 cloves of garlic with some grated root ginger (I used ginger powder) and a red chilli, deseeded. Then it was 6 tablespoons of sweet chilli sauce and 1 of soy sauce, add a splash of lime juice (I used a fresh lime the first time I made it, and a splash of lemon juice from a bottle the next time - tasted just as good!) and then stir in some cooked meat, rice, vegetables, anything you want!

If you were making it for 2 people you could just use 4 tablespoons of sweet chilli sauce which would make it be 3 syns a serving (not bad).

I might have to have this tonight now I've been thinking about it!!

4. roxy222

roxy222 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.23%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oh that sounds lovely i may just have to give that a try tomorrow or sat night thanks for that x

5. JosieDelonge

JosieDelonge Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(16.67%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hiya,

The cloves of garlic are crushed/chopped up! Forgot to put that although it's obvious really! You wouldn't swirl 3 whole cloves of garlic around a pan!

I think I am going to have it tonight. I usually fry chicken pieces first, take them out the pan then cook the sauce. Add the chicken back in, swirl around and chuck in (cooked) noodles.

We're out of noodles so tonight it's rice and maybe chips too! :)

6. roxy222

roxy222 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.23%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    sounds lovely cannot wait to try it

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.