recipe ideas for beef mince

big bear

A bear on a mission!
I'm bored of spag bol, chilli, cottage pie any ideas what I can do with it?

moussaka? (technically lamb but im sure it wont matter), make your own keema naan using a pitta?, mince in gravy with york puds or dumplings?, beef kofta kebabs? xx

The beef kofta curry from the SW website/Curry Heaven book is amazing. My boyfriend tries to get me to make it pretty much every night.

Meatloaf with a hard boiled egg in the middle.

Stuffed vegetables are good too, you can add some cooked rice and other chopped veggies to bulk them out.

Maybe buy some tacos and make a spicy mince mixture and put it in with some salad and HE cheese?

A hotpot?

for my dinner last night i cooked some mince with onions and mushrooms and when it was very dry i tipped in a packet of fajita spice mix, and had it with a synned pitta bread

I'm doing beef mince flavoured with a homemade chinese sauce thing tonite: never made it before so if its nice, I'll post details later!

I'm doing beef mince flavoured with a homemade chinese sauce thing tonite: never made it before so if its nice, I'll post details later!

Too disgusting for words.... Actually it was bland rather than disgusting... ate the beansprouts and baby corn which were nice but the mince, not really great: ate some but left most!

my current favourite recipe with mince is stuffed peppers.

dry fry mince with finely chopped onion, garlic and mushrooms, mix with a taco seasoning mix and a carton of passata.
chop peppers in half lengthways and de-seed, microwave for 1 minute.
stuff the peppers with the mince mixture and oven bake for 15-20 muntes.
I top mine with grated parmesan (to be syned) and serve with rice.
if you like it a bit spicier you could add chilli (fresh or powder)

x:)

I made the keema curry from the EE cookbook last night - just having leftovers for lunch - lush!

Thanks everyone for these ideas - was in a similar mince fatigue boat!

beef and bean hotpot ( adapted from bbc good food)

Ingredients
Pack extra lean minced beef
1 beef stock cube
1 large onions , roughly chopped
X3 carrots , peeled and thickly sliced
Bag of baby potatoes
2 400g cans baked beans
Worcestershire sauce or Tabasco sauce , to taste #

Heat a large non-stick pan, add the beef then fry over a medium-high heat until browned, stirring often and breaking up any lumps with a spoon. Crumble in the stock cube and mix well.
Add the vegetables, stir to mix with the beef and pour in enough boiling water (about 1.3 litres) to cover. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and stir well. Cover the pan and simmer gently for about 30 mins or until the vegetables are tender.
Tip in the baked beans, sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce or Tabasco to taste, stir well and heat through. Taste for seasoning and sprinkle with parsley. Serve with extra Worcestershire sauce or Tabasco, for those who like a peppery hot taste.

most chinese restaurants do a chicken mince in lettuce leaf as an appetizer, but i guess you could use beef mince instead? probably just flavour the mince with some kind ofchinese 5 spice or something? the combination of mince wrapped up in the lettuce leaf is really yummy, plus you're getting superfree food in the lettuce!

xx

my current favourite recipe with mince is stuffed peppers.

dry fry mince with finely chopped onion, garlic and mushrooms, mix with a taco seasoning mix and a carton of passata.
chop peppers in half lengthways and de-seed, microwave for 1 minute.
stuff the peppers with the mince mixture and oven bake for 15-20 muntes.
I top mine with grated parmesan (to be syned) and serve with rice.
if you like it a bit spicier you could add chilli (fresh or powder)

x:)

Oooooooooohhhhhhh, I'm going to make this tonight, it sounds yummy. Could I top it with low fat cream cheese or is parmesan quite low syn value?

Back