Recipe Index Cards

Lynne2809

:)HI, I have found a great way of stopping me being stuck for inspiration for meal ideas when in grocery shopping. I have brought myself an small index card holder and index cards (£1.00 from Asda) and wrote in or stuck in any recipes that I like including syn values and the relevant plan.This way I can then keep the file in my bag with me and I always have meal ideas at hand so no more grabbing the ready made high syn items for ease.

that sounds a fab idea.
I've always wanted to do something about keeping all my recipes together, but dont want to cut up my slimming world magazines.

I have got a plastic A4 popper wallet that I use to store all the recipes copied off here or other places and recipes snipped out of magazines THEN if I make and enjoy the recipe then I copy it out into a little spiral sided notebook - if it makes it into that book - it gets made again - I know then I enjoyed it, IF it is edible but not great then it isn't copied over.
Nice way to collate recipes - tried & tested ones and ones to eventually make.

Good idea with the index cards - do you stick a photo on the back of the cards too?

Jill

Hi, I try to put the name of the recipe and picture and other relevant info like syn value, number of portions and the plan to which it is applicable to on the one side then write the recipe on the reverse. I think a picture helps to get my interest in the dish especially if it is one i haven't made before. And has they saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words.
I have to admit to cutting up my SW magazines but not until I have read them 100 times, it also makes storage easier.

I am glad I am not the only one who collates recipes in this sort of way.
:-D

I'm always printing recipes off this forum and the SW website, so had papers all over my kitchen. I've bought a A4 ring binder to put them all into and create my own recipe book, including file dividers and everything!! I also like the index card idea. I might use that too!!

Can anyone please tell me how you put the statictics bit on your profile as according to mine it says I haven't lost any weight and I have. It's a bit disheartening not seeing it when I can see other peoples weight losses.

Thanks xx

Go into "User CP" and then "Edit Details".

Phew I am not the only person to have folders and cards of recipes, I even have an online account where I store recipes too - like the idea of making them and moving them into another book if they are worth making again - I must admit I have a bit of a cookbook obsession:eek:

I have loads of cookbooks as I am was a catering manager before having kids. I like being organised and having set places for my recipes just helps me to try and keep my healthy eating plan on track as I know what I can and can't have depending on the day ! May seem barmy but it seems to work for me and my DH who says his trousers are getting too big.

this is a great idea, ive been using a little textbook, but many of my family and friends have ripped some of the recipes out, which looks awful :(

thanks for the great idea :D

I was thinking of maybe trying to make people there own personel fridge magnets with there own recipes on there for quick reference. Very similar to the slimming world ones they gave away a while back, may even earn a few quid along the way.

:)HI, I have found a great way of stopping me being stuck for inspiration for meal ideas when in grocery shopping. I have brought myself an small index card holder and index cards (£1.00 from Asda) and wrote in or stuck in any recipes that I like including syn values and the relevant plan.This way I can then keep the file in my bag with me and I always have meal ideas at hand so no more grabbing the ready made high syn items for ease.

excellant idea and one i think i'll copy :)thank you

I am getting so many recipes in my file from the SW magazines and other places I think I will be starting another recipe file for me to keep them all in. I thinnk I will end up with 3 the rate I am going....... 1 for Red,1 for Green and 1 for Extra Easy days.

It's just a great feeling having so much choice and know that the chance of getting bored is getting slimmer and slimmer, just the way I want my body to be :)

:eatdrink051:

Back