Recipes from the November magazine

We made some things from the November magazine at the weekend:

Turkey Bacon and Thyme Hotpot (page 19) - this was nice, but if I were to make this again I think I would use tarragon instead of thyme, and possibly use chicken thigh fillets (I think that breast meat is wasted in a dish like this) and cook for a bit longer.

Mandarin and Yogurt Panna Cotta (page 89) - lovely texture. I found that using leaf gelatine was much easier than the powdered kind in a sachet. BUT - the amount of sweetener given in the recipe would have been far too much. I only used 3 tablespoons - 6-8 would have been sickeningly sweet!! Another time I might try this with fromage frais, rather than the vanilla yogurt. I felt that the vanilla dulled the mandarin flavour.

Looking forward to trying the Maple Glazed Salmon and the Roasted Monkfish on Puy Lentils very soon!!

Also, another time I might cheat and use mandarin juice (M&S does it) from a carton. All that squeezing was hard work and rather messy!!!

Is the new magazine out now then?? (at club) i dont go but Hubby does, he'd never think to look for it!

Back