Recommitting??

DQ

Queen of the Damned
Well only a week to go before I go on holiday, and for one reason or another I am not the size I want to be.

I am a bit disappointed - at the start of the year I was fully on track for getting to where I wanted to be this year - but life and ill health got in the way :(

But that doesn't mean I have given up - not in any way, shape or form. I have already decided that when I get back from holiday and the kids are back in school I am going to do my damndest to make the end of 2007 similar to the start - with a 110% attitude to losing this weight, one way or another.

So I guess I wanted to say to my Century Club pals that wherever you are, at this point in time, you are still further ahead than at the start of the year. And we're gonna head into 2008 with our heads held high, doing what it takes to get to where we want to be.

:hug99: to all
DQ

i was meant to be slim(mer) for my trip to america in a couple of weeks and am in the same boat as u DQ. like u say tho...still a lot further than we were at the start of the year. keep on trucking :D xxx

That's the spirit Karen - we don't fail unless we give up, and we're not giving up ;)

Never a more true word spoken Queenie. I need to reccommit. Big Style. I ain't giving up so I am with ya as we go into the run to the end of the year.

Let's see what a difference we can make by Xmas eh? I know I am not going to be the size I wished to be for my 40th birthday in 5 weeks but I can def make a huge change by Xmas.:)

Have an awesome holiday girl...you so deserve it....xxx

Absolutely agree D_Q, if we never give up we will get there in the end, despite whatever slows our progress along the way.

Hear Hear!

I'm with all you guys. Let's keep in touch and see how we all get on for Christmas.

PS Please explain the stars DQ, how'd ya get them?

This is a great thread....feeling my resolve getting weaker this week..dont know if its the lack of flavours/option on LT or more like the food/carb devil on my shoulder!! Conacting a CDC to see if I can change asap

Hear Hear!

I'm with all you guys. Let's keep in touch and see how we all get on for Christmas.

PS Please explain the stars DQ, how'd ya get them?

I'm in the fallen angels. Every day we stick to our plan (whatever our plan is) you get a shiny star. If you do 7 days continuously you get a spinning star! :cool:

And I agree - we need to keep in touch and help each other along :D

This is a great thread....feeling my resolve getting weaker this week..dont know if its the lack of flavours/option on LT or more like the food/carb devil on my shoulder!! Conacting a CDC to see if I can change asap

Good luck contacting a CDC and making the change :cool:

Oh thanks posted update on other thread....not sure if it will work out as CDC is a good bit away...will think about it tomorrow...

Sounds like a fab idea, DQ. September is a great time to start, as it's the new school year, so close enough to the conventional new year/fresh start for me! :D Also, now you finally have a diagnosis for your back, you'll hopefully find it a whole lot easier to stay on track.

In the meantime, make the most of your last couple of 'free' weeks and enjoy your holiday!

Jo x

Comes from working in University for so long - the tendency to think in 'terms' :rolleyes: Wonder how long it will take me to think in accountancy terms?! :p

Am still sticking with it, but ready for a fresh run up to Christmas...

agree whole heartedly..... have managed to get a stone off this year on WW but it is so slow coming off. Have just come back from hols and managed not to put a ounce on so i am happy....

I'm at a wedding on Friday and have a dress unworn i hope to wear!

DQ, have been lurking but just wanted to join you on the recommitting thing. I have spent 10 days now eliminating carbs and introducing packs into my diet. My current regime is 4 packs, water, chicken/fish/protein if I need it and diet coke. I KNOW it's bad but 1 or 2 a day at the moment is really helping to avoid cravings so my mini goal is to reduce to 1 per day, then none. What do you think???!!!

Recommiting too, holiday and christmas to look forward too. Im so glad to be in the 2nd half of 2007 lighter than i was at the beginning.

Wow 56 pound gone - thats brilliant...cant wait till I get there too!!

Back