Red Day Help

kirsty_baird_26

Gold Member
Iv decided as im now hovering around the stone mark that i cant seem to keep past to try red week as people say helps losses also trying to cut down on carbs so anyone have any ideas for red day accompaniments? Iv tried bns wedges and hated them but bought another one to try again how do you cook them? tonight im having a chicken pasta dish minus pasta with stir fried veg and i also thought of salad and roasted vegetables. I dont want to use my Hex allowance if possible.

Thanks

roasted parsnips ( fry light)
carrot/swede mash
red onions/pepper stir fry
salad with beetroot
mushrooms/red onion stir fry

Have a look in my food diary for inspiration i do a lot of Red days. I tend to use one of my HEB choices (as you get 2 on Red) for SW chips or something similar in the evening. My other HEB choice is for a cereal bar or something in the morning (cereal etc) then for lunch i tend to have a salad with cheese and bacon, or fishsticks - or chicken and salad. Or syn the additional rice/pasta etc.

good luck - Red days rule!!! haha! x

I make a sort of ratatouille to go with chicken and meat. I dislike butternut squash too. Also carrot, swede and onion mash is nice. I'll often have half a heb of new potatoes mixed with other veg for roasting.

roasted parsnips ( fry light)
carrot/swede mash
red onions/pepper stir fry
salad with beetroot
mushrooms/red onion stir fry

Just checking - parsnips arent free on a red day are they? I dont know for sure, I always do extra easy - far too lazy to weigh or limit myself on meat/carbs.

Are they a HEXB with skins on(measured amount obv)? The other reason I dont do red - the measured HEX amounts look tiny!

Roasted med veg is always a winner for me! Cube courgettes, red onions, peppers, baby corn, carrots, BNS (I love it!), aubergine, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and spritz it all with FryLight and seasoning, and then oven bake for about 45mins - 1hr. The veg goes great with fish, meat, chicken and any left over can go in pasta for a green day etc. xx

I only ever do red days and tend to have a b for breakfast, usually weetabix or shredded wheat and then for lunch I make scotch eggs using syn free sauagemeat, wrapped around boiled agg and rolled in 3g of paxo breadcrumbs (1/2 syn) then I have two of these with salad, then I use my other b for something carby for dinner such as wholemeal pasta, jacket potato x

I only ever do red days and tend to have a b for breakfast, usually weetabix or shredded wheat and then for lunch I make scotch eggs using syn free sauagemeat, wrapped around boiled agg and rolled in 3g of paxo breadcrumbs (1/2 syn) then I have two of these with salad, then I use my other b for something carby for dinner such as wholemeal pasta, jacket potato x

These scotch eggs sound lovely, particularly using a little bit of paxo for breadcrumbs. What sausagemeat do you use that is free?
Thanks x

Cauliflower mash!!!! Mmmm!!

Slimming world chips with your HEB are also a winner x

These scotch eggs sound lovely, particularly using a little bit of paxo for breadcrumbs. What sausagemeat do you use that is free?
Thanks x

They are lovely and deff worth the 1/2 syn of breadcrumbs! My hubby and his mates love them too and have to make them some for work!

I get the sausage meat from Joes Sausages (google it of you havent heard of it, sure you have though!) it is £3.50 per pack I think so not the cheapest but I get 8 out of one pack so only use 1 pack per week xx

Back