Original Red Day 'picnic' suggestions please...

StaceyUK

Gold Member
Am planning on going to London zoo tomorrow and really want to stick with plan. Can anyone give me some ideas please of what to take with me to eat? I'll be doing a red day.

Don't really fancy a quiche though. I'm thinking maybe just doing some meatballs and snacking on them and seeing if I can find a salad or something.

Any other ideas?

Chicken drumsticks..making your own scotch egss with pork mince, herbs and garlic wrapped around a boiled egg and then spray with frylight and bake in oven until cooked.
Ham slices, bacon slices, sandwiched with your allowance of bread. Tuna/salmon salad.

A bit late now, I know, but I went to Chester Zoo on Thursday and had exactly the same dilemma as you. Problem was, I didn't decide until that morning and had next to nothing in for a picnic. I ended up taking rivita (hexb) and extra light laughing cow (hexa) and a couple of yogurts. It did me fine though and it saved me a fortune in cash and temptation because I didn't go into their restaurants!

Hope you had a good day.

Here's a couple of photo's I took at Chester. Hope you don't mind me sharing them.

3294253201_c969b4d823.jpg

3294031319_50591f8763.jpg

3294856406_d96d3ee474.jpg

3294856524_8af662d311.jpg

Wow! what lovely photo's! I usually end up with blurry pics, or a finger in each one!

Aww the elephants photo looks amazing! Are you a photographer annie? x

Only an amateur photographer. It's my hobby. Wish I could make a living out of it LOL.

We got lucky with the elephants. We were heading out of the zoo just as the mummy shoved the babies into the pool.

Back