Red Day red day recipes

I want to do a couple of red days to boost weight loss but don't know where to start. Any ideas? Thanks :)

Hi Kay

I tend to do mostly red days, I much prefer them just find them more expensive than green! I tend to prepare more quick meals such as:

Quiches:
Lean Bacon (with any fat trimmed off), red onion and mushroom.
Chicken, peppers, mushrooms.
tuna & onion
cooked ham, peppers, onions and mushrooms.
Honestly you can make the quiches out of anything! and I prefer them cold so ideal for packed lunches. Just cook your ingredients and add to a quiche/baking dish with eggs and some cottage cheese to thicken it up and bake until set.
You can also eat the quiches as omelettes too for an even faster meal.

Salmon (finish cooking your salmon with soy sauce this is lovely!) with vegetables - I particularly like mine with asparagus.

Chicken and mushrooms cooked in soy sauce

Steak fillets, spinach, asparagus

Chicken breasts, stuffed with Laughing Cow triangles (HEA) wrapped in lean bacon and baked.

Scrambled egg on toast (HEB) with cooked ham and grated cheese (HEA) - one of my favourites, add the cheese on top of the toast and put the scrambled egg on toast to melt the cheese a little mmmmm

Ryvitas (HEB - Dark Rye x4), cooked ham, tomatoes, laughing cow triangles (HEA) and tomatoes

Weight Watchers sausages (1/2 syn each), lacon bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes (mini "fry up" - all done in frylight)

Those are just some handy, quick meals - there are so many recipes on here to look through - I have my own recipe file I will get round to getting my head down and cooking some soon!!

Hope that helps x

I used to concentrate on Extra Easy, but have found that I lose more weight now alternating Red and Green weeks. My Fiance is a big Red food fan, so it's all good!

A sample day:

Breakfast: Ham and egg muffins (chopped ham, mushrooms and onion cooked with beaten eggs in cupcake tins) served with tomatos and mushrooms on the side

Lunch: Lean meat platter, with a huge side salad

Dinner: BBQ Beef burger with bacon (using HeB: wholemeal roll) with chips (HeB - 8oz potato)

This leaves you a free HeA choices (cheese on the burger...??)

I do a warm chicken and bacon salad which is totally free and super yummy! Layer a plate with lettuce, cucumber, red onion, peppers and halved cherry tomatoes. Flatten a chicken breast and coat with Aromat, cumin, chilli and garlic. Fry in a pan with Frylight until entirely cooked through. In the last few minutes of cooking, add a couple of rashers of bacon (fat removed and chopped into bite size pieces) and cook through. Remove the chicken from the pan and slice. Top the salad with the chicken and bacon and voi la! It's super tasty with a tbsp sweet chilli sauce (1.5 Syns) drizzled over the top too.

What about a chicken "parmo"? Flatten a chicken breast, dip in egg and then into breadcrumbs (HExB). Bake in the oven until almost cooked. Remove and top with half a tub of low low spread (HExA) and pop back in the oven for a further 5 minutes. You can also top with sliced mushrooms or jalapenos. Serve with salad.

Burgers? I make mine by combining extra lean mince, a finely chopped red onion, Aromat, garlic and chilli and some soy sauce. I stuff a BabyBel (HExA) in the middle and pop in the oven for 20 minutes or so. Serve in wholemeal buns (HExB) with loads of crisp salad.

Hi, sorry I haven't replied for a while. Haven't been on in ages. Defiantly going to try some of these as my weight loss is starting to slow down.
thankyou for replying :) xxx

Hi Kay

I tend to do mostly red days, I much prefer them just find them more expensive than green! I tend to prepare more quick meals such as:

Quiches:
Lean Bacon (with any fat trimmed off), red onion and mushroom.
Chicken, peppers, mushrooms.
tuna & onion
cooked ham, peppers, onions and mushrooms.
Honestly you can make the quiches out of anything! and I prefer them cold so ideal for packed lunches. Just cook your ingredients and add to a quiche/baking dish with eggs and some cottage cheese to thicken it up and bake until set.
You can also eat the quiches as omelettes too for an even faster meal.

Salmon (finish cooking your salmon with soy sauce this is lovely!) with vegetables - I particularly like mine with asparagus.

Chicken and mushrooms cooked in soy sauce

Steak fillets, spinach, asparagus

Chicken breasts, stuffed with Laughing Cow triangles (HEA) wrapped in lean bacon and baked.

Scrambled egg on toast (HEB) with cooked ham and grated cheese (HEA) - one of my favourites, add the cheese on top of the toast and put the scrambled egg on toast to melt the cheese a little mmmmm

Ryvitas (HEB - Dark Rye x4), cooked ham, tomatoes, laughing cow triangles (HEA) and tomatoes

Weight Watchers sausages (1/2 syn each), lacon bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes (mini "fry up" - all done in frylight)

Those are just some handy, quick meals - there are so many recipes on here to look through - I have my own recipe file I will get round to getting my head down and cooking some soon!!

Hope that helps x
thanks for ideas :). In group they mainly focus in extra easy so didn't really know what to do lol
Also, where can I find your recipe file please? Xx

Back