Red Day - Syn Confusion

meadowbankles

Silver Member
Hi all, I wonder if anyone can help ...
I've seen a recipe in the Aug/Sept issue of Slimming World magazine. As I've just read the sticky re copyright, I'm not going to post the recipe but if anybody has access to that magazine, it's on page 22. It's flagged as free on Extra Easy and I've checked the syns for Red at the back of the magazine on page 92 and it says 20 :eek:
Where are these syns coming from? Taking the rice out of the equation, I can't see any reason for 20 syns. Can somebody shed some light on this, please?
PS - how do you thank a member for their post???

Hmm is that last months magazine? If so the rogan josh is gorgeous, but are you saying it is 20 points on red without the rice? Because that does not make sense at all and i can not think of anything in the recipe that would be that high in syns

So where are they syns coming from - is it not all free on red minus the rice?
there's lamb shoulder, tinned tomatoes, onion, stock, curry powder, cinnamon stick, curry powder, artificial sweetener (which I left out), peppers, coriander, garlic, ground ginger

Last edited:
The syns are solely for the rice. Everything else is free. I wouldn't worry too much!
I made this with chicken and it's one of the best SW currys I have ever made.
serve it with SW chips with the skins left on as a B choice (or have an EE day!)

The recipe is listed as Lamb rogan josh with rice, so I suspect the syns are coming from the rice.

Lamb shoulder can be fatty but as its free on EE I would not have thought it was that.

I suspect though the curry by itself is free on Red/original day.

HTH :D

That's good because I thought I was misunderstanding something. I actually made it with chicken on an EE day but I left some over in the fridge (no rice) and was considering it for lunch without rice the next day and nearly fainted when I saw the syn value in the magazine

Oh any chance somebody could post the recipe??? I love curry & haven't yet come accross one thats that great IMO. They tend to be to watery for me??

Back