Red Days

Short answer - yes

If its listed as free meat then yes you can eat as much as you want

As long as you remove all visible fat then yes, it's free!!

Be careful with processed meats though, not all ham is free and things like corned beef are not free.

I once ate 2 whole chickens as they were free and a speed food..cant do that now as I have a gastric band, but the others are right...make sure all fat is removed either before or after cooking and yes, its free. Dont be afraid to experiment either.

Sorry to derail this thread ...but...MrsV... Just out of interest. How is SW working for you with the gastric band? Have you got a large appetite? Ive watched programmes about people who have GB's and they dont seem to have much of an appetite?

Sorry to derail this thread ...but...MrsV... Just out of interest. How is SW working for you with the gastric band? Have you got a large appetite? Ive watched programmes about people who have GB's and they dont seem to have much of an appetite?

I just eat the quantities that my band allows me Hun...not what SW say you can have. There would be no way I could eat a chicken drumstick now, let alone a whole chicken!!!
Im a grazer, so for me SW works really well. There are days (like yesterday), where I had some breakfast and threw it up and then didnt eat another main meal until 9pm last night...I had a piece of fruit, but couldnt eat anything bigger.
As long as I eat healthily and within my limit there is no difference (apart from portion size) to having a "normal" stomach to one that has been restricted with a band.

Interesting stuff actually. Thanks for sharing, hope you didnt mind me asking hun.
Sorry to hear you were sick, hope your better now!

Back