Red Days?

kat0709

I really stuggle with red days I always do green days but i really want to try a red day this week
but i just cant think what can i take for lunch to work??? i take mugshots and fruit at the moment on green!

ive also got some 1syn sausages for tea what can i do with them on red?

Sorry to pester you all again but i do love your opinions lol

Hiya

I'll look forward to hearing from others on this thread since I love the red plan and I also take a packed lunch to work.

My favourites at the moment are cold meat salad and tuna salad (tuna and chopped spring oinions are lovely).

For evening - I love omelettes - using chicken and bacon or shepards pie - using a mashed suede and carrot topping instead of mashed potato is really filling!

I don't eat sausages - but using sausages in scambled eggs sound great!

Hey I also struggle for Red days and have never done one but for tea could you use the sausages and use some potatoes cut up into wedges from your HEX? and then add beans? (not sure if these are free on red).
x

im in the same position i wouldnt even know what to eat on a red day but i would liek to try them for a week to see if i have bigger losses!! i only eat mince and chicken and bacon and sausages realy. no fish!

you can do lots with them - I cant do dinners just not lunch!x!?x

do a massive quiche with whatever you like in it - bacon, ham, mushroom, etc. let it go cold, slice up and take some to work with a big salad.

you could take cold boiled eggs to snack on too.

I mainly stick to red days so I will give you some ideas:-

Chicken covered with some BBQ sauce (2 syns) then covered with a HEXA cheese, then covered with bacon. Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for about 20 mins. Serve with HEXB of pot wedges or if you have used your HEXB's then salad.

Chicken curry. Fry an onion in fry light. Then add some crushed garlic. When softened add about 3 tbsp mild curry powder and a little water. Cook gently for about 10 mins, adding a little bit of water so the spices don't catch. Then add about 4 tbsp passata to the consistency that you like your curry. If it's too strong, add some water. Then add the chicken and simmer until the chicken is cooked through.

George Foreman southern style chicken breast served in a HEXB wholemeal roll. Served with salad or HEXB jacket pot.

Mixed Grill. Chicken breast, gammon steak, rump steak, pork chop, sausage (1 syn) served with HEXB jacket pot or pot wedges and salad or veg.

Gammon Steak and Eggs with HEXB Jack spud.

Lunch Ideas:-

Chicken cut into bite sized pieces or those Tesco Mini fillets (different flavours) Coated in some Tesco extra light mayo (1/2 syns per tbsp). Put in a seperate container to your salad so that the salad doesn't go limp. Combine when ready to eat.

Prawn Mayo

Same as above but with prawns.

Tuna Salad. Mix a tin (or 2) of tuna with 2 tbsp extra light mayo. Mix. Then boil some eggs. When boiled cut into qtrs. Prepare your salad then add the eggs to the top. When ready to eat, mix the tuna with the salad.

If you have access to a microwave this is lovely. Before work take a tin of Tesco stewing steak and put into a bowl. Add 1 tin of baby carrotts and 1 tin of green beans to the stewing steak, then mix. At lunch time, put the steak mixture into the microwave for about 4 mins until piping hot. Instant beef stew and it's lush!!

I will add some more things later!

Some really good ideas there Space Angel, I can't wait for you to post some more!

i know you wanted lunch recipes, but here's a nice dinner one. this is so easy to make...

sins = free on both days(if using cheese as h.extra)
serves = 1

ingrediants
2 pack of large mushrooms
half a leek
half a small onion
3 light laughin cow triangles*
small pinch of low fat cheese*

*count as one healthy extra 'a' choice

1. turn oven on, remove stalks from mushrooms and lay on a baking tray open side up.
2. finely chop the leek and blanch in pan of boiling water for a few minutes.
3. finely chop the onion and mushroom stalks and fry in frylight until softened.
4. drain the leeks and add to the onion.
5. add the 3 cheese traingles and stir over a low heat so the cheese melts.
6. fill the mushrooms with the mixture and put in the oven for around 10 minutes.
7. top the mushrooms with the grated cheese and leave a few more minutes for the cheese to melt.

serve these with a steak or chicken breast for a flippin' gorgeous meal :)

Some really good ideas there Space Angel, I can't wait for you to post some more!

Thanks! I will post some more later when I come back from weigh in.

i know you wanted lunch recipes, but here's a nice dinner one. this is so easy to make...

sins = free on both days(if using cheese as h.extra)
serves = 1

ingrediants
2 pack of large mushrooms
half a leek
half a small onion
3 light laughin cow triangles*
small pinch of low fat cheese*

*count as one healthy extra 'a' choice

1. turn oven on, remove stalks from mushrooms and lay on a baking tray open side up.
2. finely chop the leek and blanch in pan of boiling water for a few minutes.
3. finely chop the onion and mushroom stalks and fry in frylight until softened.
4. drain the leeks and add to the onion.
5. add the 3 cheese traingles and stir over a low heat so the cheese melts.
6. fill the mushrooms with the mixture and put in the oven for around 10 minutes.
7. top the mushrooms with the grated cheese and leave a few more minutes for the cheese to melt.

serve these with a steak or chicken breast for a flippin' gorgeous meal :)

That has really got my mouth watering!

it's really nice. it's a Harvester meal that i tried to make at home and it tastes very similar to their version :D ...and it's really quick and easy to make.

i eat mine with a jacket potato and bbq sauce.

Six Veg bolognaise

1 small red onion
1 celery stalk
frylight
50g mushrooms, finely chopped
400g can chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp tom ketchup (2 syns)
1 large carrot, peeled
1 courgette
salt and pepper
Mince Beef

1) Dry fry the mince and then drain the fat off. Set to one side.

2) Spray frying pan or wok with frylight and add the onion and celery. Fry for 5 mins. Add the mushrooms, fry for a further 1-2 mins, then stir in the chopped tomatoes and ketchup.

3) Coarsley grate the carrott and courgette and add to the pan with 1/2 pint water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 mins, stirring from time to time. Season with salt and pepper.

4) For a smooth sauce, blend in a food processor.
Then add the mince to the sauce and heat through.

Serve with a HEXB of wholemeal pasta.

On a red day I sometimes take tinned red salmon, cottage cheese and rivitas. It is surprising how filling it is, and tasty. I also take meat salads or maybe a fritata kind of thing with salad. If I am at home I also like corned beef mashed up with tomatoe puree and spread on brown bread and grilled.

I always seem to lose more weight when I have more red days.

sometimes I have 'free' lunches - neither green nor red! Cold cooked quorn sausages chopped up, boiled eggs and melon. All free on either day!

Back