red, green, extra easy or......

st2826

a combination!
which do you find has helped you lose the most weight?

Sorry if this has been asked before-am new to all this :D

Hiya
I am new here too and have rejoined Slimming World after a few years gap.
I struggle with Extra Easy but i'm not sure if that is because when I did it before it wasn't one of the options. I try to mix my week about but I find red days the hardest, although they tend to give me a better weight loss.

I think it's important to try a bit of each and see what works best for you. Not everyone's body works the same way
Good Luck with it
x

Im doing mainly green at the moment. Everyone is different and gets different results on different plans. I think youre best working out which plan you can stick to for the long term and that fits into your life rather than worrying about which one you will lose more weight on.

Everyone is different.
You may get a fabulous loss on red one week and think that's the best plan for you, but you may have had that loss on green or EE.
Likewise, you may have a not so good week on green and not do it again, but it could have been just one of those weeks.

All plans work, all work equally as well. It's about finding out what works best for you and what fits best into your life long term.

EE may be slower, and for some it is, but it's so flexible!

Everyone is different.
You may get a fabulous loss on red one week and think that's the best plan for you, but you may have had that loss on green or EE.
Likewise, you may have a not so good week on green and not do it again, but it could have been just one of those weeks.

All plans work, all work equally as well. It's about finding out what works best for you and what fits best into your life long term.

EE may be slower, and for some it is, but it's so flexible!

Totally agree with Jaylou (cant rep you at the mo!!) xxx

I personally am a Red girl!!! x

I only do Green as I'm a vegetarian but as the others say, try them out one by one and find the plan that works best for you...not just the one that gives you the most weight loss, but the one you find the easiest to stick to.

I do Green, but have tried EE, for me Green works best because I am not a huge meat fan and I prefer to have four healthy extras and not HAVE to have 1/3 superfree. If I am going out I will do EE as its more flexible, I think the others are right it is about what fits into your life style xx

I also agree with Jaylou and Ellebear. Do what feels best for you. The plan that will work best for you is the one that you can stick to. I do mostly EE (and had great losses at the beginning) with occasional green days but sticking to plan gives me the best losses.

Good luck.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Green for me as i'm a veggie though i mix it up my own way and make sure i have a good mix of protein and carbs in my evening meals. For me green isnt just pasta, potatoes, rice and heavy foods. Its lots of fresh fruit and veg mixed with a fine balance. I;ve lost well on it and it really is the perfect vegetarian diet :D

I have been doing ee my first week and lost 7lbs. Going to alternate between ee and red. Not going to do green days as don't want to have tons of carbs as they bloat me and I find they limit my weight losses when I have dieted in past.

As already said try all the plans and see what suits you the best, i have a mixture of them all although mainly EE & Red.

Could I but in with a question on the same subject........I enjoy all types of food, so mix all 3 plans during the week, but seem to do mainly red & green with the odd EE day.....does it speed up weight loss if you stick to one plan thru the whole week, or does it not really matter as long as you follow the plan. Thanks.
Kim

I do a mix too. Generally 1-2 days EE (usually at the weekend!) and then the rest are Red & Green. This works well for me and fits in best with my life.

Give them all a go - its good to shake things up with your body sometimes and trying new things

good luck x

I agree that they all work, and that some work better for others.

For me they all work if I add loads of super free with my meals. I'm not one of those lucky people who can have a huge plate of curry and rice and have a loss :(

I'm thinking of changing from ee to red, but I love potatoes, pastas and rice. Problem I'm now having is I'm not losing anything.
Just really scared of trying red as I might not be happy.
But need to do something or leave sw. :cry:

When I started in August I followed EE & lost 4 1/2 stone so EE definately works really well & fits in well around family meals too so it is still my favourite plan. Recently my weight plateaued so after advice on here I decided to try a few red days to mix things up a bit & restart my losses. My couple of red days turned into a red week & I surprisingly really enjoyed it. I love my carbs (which is probably part of the reason I am following SW in the first place) so I felt restricting them really worked for me mentally more than anything. At the moment I am following mainly red but have the odd green or EE day too.

I'm thinking of changing from ee to red, but I love potatoes, pastas and rice. Problem I'm now having is I'm not losing anything.
Just really scared of trying red as I might not be happy.
But need to do something or leave sw. :cry:

why dont you do a mixture of red and green days, thats what i do :) i find it hard to go without carbs aswell but like meat, but not keen on veg so dont do ee, i usually have about 3 green days and 4 red days a week sometimes the other way round, ive lost weight every week and this week is my 11th :)

I did slimming world in 2009 doing red and green aswell for about a year and i think i only put on weight once

I've only just started on SW and am following EE. Am really hoping it yields results as it is the plan that suits my tastes the best. I have 6 stone to lose so suspect anything that is healthier than my current diet of crisps, pie and curries will help!! But I'm prepared to mix it up and experiment with varying it a bit if it doesn't work. Perhaps literally taking it one day at a time e.g. if I wake up and fancy a carb day, meaty day or mixed day, I'll select the plan accordingly.

Back