Red/Green or EE

gaz316

I have been slimming since Jan and have lost 5 stone, only 1.5 stone has come via SW and I am looking for some info on how others manage.

I tend to do green days, so that I can have rice or pasta for lunch without worrying about weighing products except for meat which also means the bulk of my meal can be rice/pasta or spuds in the evening.

I also tend to use both of my HEB choices for my meat, and use 1xHEA or 2 as cheese as I do not drink milk anymore.

For my syns I would normally eat a choc bar but I dont think I can carry on this way as I need a little more variety.

Red days worry me when it comes to lunch time as I would struggle to eat something with the meat as I would like the pasta or rice in the evening, but I am thinking or using syns to buy extra paste or rice on red days.

My other option is extra easy which would fit as it means I dont need to struggle with lunch or worrying about the amount I eat, but I just fail to see how it works I tried it for a few weeks and put 2lb on.

Any advice I am also led to believe that SW are pushing the EE plan as the main plan now.

Well done on your fantastic loss so far!

I have been doing SW since October - mainly Extra Easy with a few green days here and there and have lost 16.5lbs so far. My biggest losses seem to have been on my mainly EE weeks.

I can understand why people think it won't work, but as long as you follow it properly, there's no reason why it shouldn't!

Make sure you are having lots of superfree foods (ie most fruit and veg) and try to eat plenty of speed foods. One other thing to watch is portion size - just because you can have meat and pasta/rice freely, doesn't mean you should pile it on ;)

I think one of the main compensations comes because you are only having one each healthy extra a and b instead of 2 on green and red.

Give it another try ;)

In the past when I did SW, before EE, I did a mixture or red and green.
Since I rejoined SW, I have only done EE and my weight loss has been more or less the same in the first six months.
I, however, found red/green so restrictive that I fell off the wagon every time!
Now, with EE I am in my 7th month, 5 pounds from target and as inspired as I was from day one.
I love EE as I can have my meat and carbs and am more than happy with the Hexs.
I don't find it a diet at all. Just healthy eating.
Good luck with what you choose, but for me, the EE ticks all the boxes and gets the thumbs up every time!

If you like your pasta/rice etc and your meat/fish then I would say that EE is the way to go. It's essentially just healthy eating so why wouldn't it work. i do however think that eating the recommended amount of superfree food is crucial as this will stop you overindulging on the more calorific carbs and proteins.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck and congratulations on your losses to date. :)

I love Extra Easy as it is so easy and you can have pretty normal meals. However, my downfall is that I tend to have less superfree with my meals. I'll have a meat curry with lots of rice and no veg, or I'll have a chilli with lots of rice and no veg. Whereas on red or green either the carbs or the meat will be limited and I'll make up for it with lots of veg. Hence my losses seem to be better with red and green, red being the best as lowest on carbs.

I'm just used to rice and pasta making up the bulk of my meal and I think I need that third of a plate as superfree. I would like to do Extra Easy all the time but I think I'll have to be stricter with the third superfree.

Extra Easy will be perfect for maintaining and I can't wait until then.

Back