Red Days Red or green days

I'm thinking of changing to red or green currently doing extra easy but don't find that I'm losing enough weight I've lost 4 pound in 3 weeks can any 1 explain red and green days please

There is a booklet in your pack that explains the red and green plans. 4lb is a good weight loss in three weeks though so well done :)

4lb is really good I started doing slimming world in January after having my daughter and in the start it was going well on extra easy but by week 4 like you I had lost 5lb i had weeks of staying the same weight so started on red and green I've now lost a 2 stone. For me the red and green works well I tried a week of extra easy again last week and put on a 1 lb. I know you need to read the books but on personal experience for me red and green all the way

So what kinda stuff Sony eat on red and green days hun x

Same as you would eat on extra easy just depending on which plan you are doing some will not be free but can be used as a HEB instead xx

Your best bet is to go on the food diaries and see what people typically eat on a red day (lots of meat and fish and no rice, measured carbs like wholemeal pasta, peas sweetcorn and potatoes etc) and then re read your book which has all the finer details in. Some healthy extras are different when you are doing red and green days

Also in the same boat as you! Weight loss is very patchy at random weeks, i think I unintentionally eat a bit more being on EE some times, so i'm either going to just decrease my portion sixe of the carbs a bit more and compensate with superfree, or maybe go down the route of following a red day a few times a week....

I'm quite happy with a chunky omelette for dinner and lettuce a couple times a week, so may just do this until i'm bored of the stuff! It worked for me this week though and got my loss up by a lil bit more than it probably would have

I'm thinking of changing to red or green currently doing extra easy but don't find that I'm losing enough weight I've lost 4 pound in 3 weeks can any 1 explain red and green days please

Hi Hun
Anything from 1-2lbs loss a week is a healthy loss so you're doing great.
I've always stuck with EE too since the plan came out but I do find my losses are slightly better on the red or green days.
I'm rejoining class on 30th April so thinking of starting my week off with these plans instead to see how I get on.

Let me know how you get on as its always nice to hear how people are doing as most members seem to do EE now.

Stacey xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've swapped to red days I did 3 days last week and doing 5 this week I had a 2.2lb loss last week so see what happens on Friday but I've massively increased my exercise programme in the last week so its not a very scientific experiment but we will see. :)

Hi from me, a staunch red and greener. Only ever done red and green, got to target on them having lost 2.5stone, and still at target 18 months later. Red days I seemed to lose more. But both of the plans are good.

Yep also a Red/Green Day follower I mostly do Red Days and have better losses on those. You basically need to stick to one catergory of food -

Green Days offer unlimited pasta, rice, potatoes, grains, pulses and vegetables - so all that is free on GREEN

Red Days offer unlimited fish, lean meat and poultry - all free on RED

Both plans you can still have eggs, yoghurts, fruit and vegetables (not peas or canned sweetcorn on red though!) so they would all still be free and you can have either 1 or 2 HEA and 2 HEB's per day.

So basically do not mix the two together so instead of say having a jacket potato with your meat/fish you would have to have butternut squash chips/wedges and vegetables. I can see this may sound confusing but just stick to the basic principles of what free is on what day and go from there. Try looking at some red/green food diaries to get a better idea. Hope that helped and didn't just confuse you :rolleyes:

I have just been reading the book for Red Days, and only thing I didn't see was noodles?? Are they a weighed B extra too?? I imagine they must be.

I'm thinking if having a couple of days a week like this, mainly cos I don't really like to eat a full plate of potato and pasta etc, would be nice to weigh them and encourage my Superfree even more :)

Yep also a Red/Green Day follower I mostly do Red Days and have better losses on those. You basically need to stick to one catergory of food -

Green Days offer unlimited pasta, rice, potatoes, grains, pulses and vegetables - so all that is free on GREEN

Red Days offer unlimited fish, lean meat and poultry - all free on RED

Both plans you can still have eggs, yoghurts, fruit and vegetables (not peas or canned sweetcorn on red though!) so they would all still be free and you can have either 1 or 2 HEA and 2 HEB's per day.

So basically do not mix the two together so instead of say having a jacket potato with your meat/fish you would have to have butternut squash chips/wedges and vegetables. I can see this may sound confusing but just stick to the basic principles of what free is on what day and go from there. Try looking at some red/green food diaries to get a better idea. Hope that helped and didn't just confuse you :rolleyes:

But just to confuse a little - yes there is always one isnt there! You can have a small jacket potato as a HEB on red, but you have to weigh it. Likewise you can make wedges out of it so long as you leave the skin on, also a HEB on red.. Have I confused you more? Just read your booklets it soon become second nature. If I could get my head round it, anyone can. Happy red and green days! :)

I have always done green! Unless I am going to Nandos then I do EE!! Its annoying now though because SW seem to be plugging the EE and not really giving much attention to green/red! Boo hiss :(

I started off on but now do a mixture of red adn green days with an EE day thrown in once in a while. I find lose weight more quickly doing A combination of green and red days, plus I love being able to have 2 HEAs and 2HEBs.

Hey ppl I'm just sticking to extra easy for this week then gonna start a week of red a week of green and see which I do best on ... I've also upped my exercise aswell and I was told it takes 6 weeks to tell with ur weight x

I have always done green! Unless I am going to Nandos then I do EE!! Its annoying now though because SW seem to be plugging the EE and not really giving much attention to green/red! Boo hiss :(

Totally agree with this statement! I just dont know why unless they think ee is easier. As I have said many times before on here though, they should be plugging the fact that S W is so flexible in that there are 3 plans to chose from daily, not just one. One size does not fit all! :(

I started off on but now do a mixture of red adn green days with an EE day thrown in once in a while. I find lose weight more quickly doing A combination of green and red days, plus I love being able to have 2 HEAs and 2HEBs.

I think I do Red by accident most days! I actually think I've had a red day again today lol. I HA a small jacket potato at harvester, not sure how much it weighed but it was smaller than the ones I normally buy so might have just about pulled it off without realising!

Totally agree with this statement! I just dont know why unless they think ee is easier. As I have said many times before on here though, they should be plugging the fact that S W is so flexible in that there are 3 plans to chose from daily, not just one. One size does not fit all! :(

I think its because they see it as less complicated so more attractive. My consultant doesnt even go over the red/green now to new members and just talks about EE! I love 2 a's and 2 b's... So Im going to stick to green for now... Wish the magazine catered for us though xx

I know exactly where youre coming from Saska. It does annoy me really. I think eventually they may well give the red and green the elbow. However, its worked for me very well.

Back