Redbush Tea

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by shorty, 3 April 2007 Social URL.

1. shorty

shorty Full Member

Hello please can someone tell me if I am allowed to have Redbush Tea? I am not sure if its a leaf tea or not.
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

I've had it before with no ill effects - I believe it is naturally decaffeinated, and can be quite refreshing. Not sure if Redbush is the one that's a diuretic though....
  4. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

Ah now - last year, I used to drink gallons of it -cos it's lush - and one CDC told me that I shouldn't be having it and loads of others vlcd-ers told me that it had never knocked them out of ketosis. So as it's made from the leaf (but they are needle-shaped leaves), so long as it's the original and not blended with anything, it should be fine in moderation.

I don't think it's a diuretic - just a healthy drink that they've used in SA for donkeys' years!

5. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Thanks ACAC :)
  6. magickmel

magickmel Loves VLCD's !

Lighter Life and now CD
    I am sure it is a leaf tea and its ok. Never affected my weight loss that I know of. Its about the only tea I can bear to drink black too so its a bit of a life-saver :D
  7. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

I had a vanilla flavour once - the smell was heavenly, and was really refreshing :D
  8. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

The Harcombe Diet
    I love it, it's the only tea I really drink now as I didn't want to go back to "normal" tea after CDing.

I drank it whilst SSing and was fine, and I get knocked out of ketosis really easily, so I'm sure you'll be ok.

If you're unsure test for ketosis and you'll know whether you're ok or not, but I thought it was a leaf tea and therefore fine to drink.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.