Redhead is officially in the PINK!

redhead66

This will be my year
Hi all,

After a month off plan at my GP's instruction I've finally been given the all-clear to start back again :D

I lost 10lb in my first week, then popped a disc in my back and ended up taking loads of super strength painkillers, anti-inflammatories, tablets to help me sleep etc, so my doc said that CD wasn't really suitable while I was taking that amount of meds as I needed "more" in my stomach. I've eaten for England in the past month - OH has been away working and I have to stay off my feet as much as I can, so it's been mostly ping meals and takeaways :eek:

Anyway, I've been to the hospital today and the consultant has said that losing some weight will help ease the pressure on my back. I told him I'd been on CD and he said he can't see a reason I can't do it now, as long as I take my meds at the same time as a meal.

I've rung my CDC tonight, am going to see her tomorrow and get started again straightaway. Wish me luck :D

Good luck hun on your restart x

Good luck with your restart, and I hope your back is on the mend!:)

OMG yay your back!!!!!!!!! I thought we had lost you :( I was wondering where you had gone. Sorry to hear about your slipped disc my mother had 3 in her back and had to be medically retired she was in so much pain and couldnt move for months. I really feel for you as i seen what my mother went through ~hugs~ I hope your getting better.

Great news you can start CD again, you done fantastic on CD last time and i enjoyed reading your posts on here and all the your support you gave people, you've been a miss. happy your back hun hehe!! <3 xxx

Good luck with the re start, I hope your back gets better soon, x

Best of luck hun xx

Good luck for your restart ;)

Thanks ladies, it's good to be back. Everyone seems to be doing really well, and that's giving me a huge buzz that I can do it too.

Yeesh Tasha, how well are you doing? How many charms is it now? Steve has promised me a treatment at a spa near us for every stone I lose, plus a spending spree at Meadowhall when I get to target. He may live to regret it cos I've got a lot of time on my hands at present and am drawing up a list of shops I want to visit. He can come along to carry the bags and cough up the cash lol ;)

Day 1 hasn't been bad so far - I've had 1.5l of water, plus a warm banana tetra for brekkie. The only prob is that I keep needing to go for a wee... not good with a bad back :D

Have a good day

Vicki x

Aw hun thats GREAT :) I am so pleased your back :D

I am 6lb off my 2nd charm, I.ve lost 1st8lb in 4weeks which i am over the moon with :D and my mother said for every 2stone i lose she will buy me one which means when i lose this 6lb i will be getting two charms yippeee!! OOoOo a spa day what a fab idea hun thats great and something to really work towards hehe!! Shopping he haha make sure you spend as much as you can as you will be needing a whole new wardrobe ~winks~

Glad day 1 is going ok and your doing really well drinking the water so your sorted :D keep up that fab work and you could be having the spa day sooner than you think :p xxxx <3

Good morning, how is everybody?

Well I managed to get through day 1 without nibbling :D, and have woken up with a bit of a headache and that strange taste in my mouth. Ketosis is hopefully on its way :cross: How are any other new starters/restarters doing?

Good luck Tasha, and anybody else, for today's WI.

Vicki x

Well done on getting through your 1st day. I am on day 3 of second week and still on the wagon. Good luck with the rest of your week

I'm now officially in ketosis :D I don't know if it's because of the amount of painkillers I'm taking for my back, but this time round I don't seem to have suffered quite as badly getting there, though I'm absolutely freezing.

I've managed to get through the first couple of days 100% SS but my challenge is from tomorrow til Monday as my OH is home between jobs and he loves his home cooked food... unfortunately he can't cook himself :sigh: At present I'm feeling pretty strong, but I'm worried that I'll let myself down.

I'm trying to focus on the fact that after this weekend he'll probably be flying straight between jobs, so it could be mid-April before he's home again and if I stick 100% I can be a couple of stones lighter by then. I hate it when he's away so long, but this time I'm quite excited as well. OMG that sounds awful, wanting him not to be here - I do miss him, honest :eek:

So far today, I've had my warm banana tetra (with extra water to thin it down), plus 2.5l of water. I'm going to have my chicken and mushroom soup soon and a hot choc mint later on.

Hope everybody is having a good day

Vicki x

Well done hun, ur doing really well, when is ur weigh in day?
im only on day 1 and weigh in on tues, i'll look out for u lol ;)

Hi Emma,

I weigh-in on Tuesday as well, so we can compare our first week. Good luck with getting thro the first 3 days

Vicki x

Back