Refeed and being a Vege

Flirtygerty76

Hi all,

I think this week is going to be my last week on TFR or maybe the week after depending on weight loss results next Tuesday. I ony want to refeed for a short time before going back on TFR.

Therefore i am going to be refeeding and i am a little worried because i am a vegetarian. Is it possible to refeed being a vege, are there any fellow vegetarians who have succesfully followed the refeed and maintenance who can help me? :confused:

Many thanks

xxx

Sorry I cant help, but I am sure there will be others who can. The only thing I can recommend to use is quorn, I know that is permitted, otherwise, sorry I cant help you.

Thankyou for your replies but i only like the quorn mince and quorn sauusages and not sure if they are ok. And also how will i cook the mince?

xxx

The quorn mince is fine..

Im not sure about the sausages (I wouldnt for the first two weeks)

Cook it in a wok but dont add oil or anything!

what about tofu? the quorn mince and chicken style pieces will be ok.

I have never had Tofu before in my life, what do ye ou do with it? LOL

I will maybe try just dry frying the quorn mince with some spices or something, thanks

xxx

I dont know anything about tofu either, never had it.

Quorn mince just cooks easily in any sauces, just use it like a bolognaise mixed with your sauces etc, it cooks really quickly.

Thanks Kered, i do use Quorn mince quite alot anyway as i love spagetti bol. But i cant have any sauces on my first day can i? And so im a bit concerned about what to eat on my first couple of days. I think i will buy some tofu tomorrow and try that.

xxx

Oh I see what you mean, no you wont have sauces the first few days, but have a look at the packets instructions, I am sure you could just fry it with a little frylite spray and even add a mushroom or two, maybe a little onion for flavouring.

Just been having a nosey on the Quorn website and comparing the mince to the bangers.

Mince

Energy (kj/kcal)397/94343/81Protein14.512.6Carbohydrate4.53.9of which sugars0.60.5Fat2.001.70of which saturates0.500.40Fibre5.54.8Sodium0.10.1

Bangers

Nutritional Information

Per 100gPer BangerEnergy (kj/kcal)489/116245/58Protein11.75.9Carbohydrate6.63.3of which sugars0.70.4Fat4.802.40of which saturates0.600.30Fibre3.01.5Sodium0.60.3

The bangers actually have less calories and carbs so do you think i wil be ok to have them also?

xxx

Wow the Quorn website is really good and i have worked out i can use a few of the quorn products to refeed.

Here is my day 1 (which starts tomorrow)

Mon 20/4/09

Breakfast = Lipotrim vanilla shake (142cal)

Lunch = Lipotrim Strawberry shake (142cal)

Dinner = 2 x Quorn sausages (57 cal each)
small breakfast bowl salad (50 cals)
Balsamic vinegar 3 tsp (15 cals)

Total Cals for the day = 463 cals

Does this seem ok?

xxx

Witchie that sounds delicious, i wont be able to get to town to the health food store until Saturday, but i am definately going to get some.

Thank you. :D

Flirty I just had two quorn sausages - so good :)
I've had them before but pre-lt...everything tastes better after doesn't it!!
I wouldn't have thought about incorporating them into my refeed though so thanks! x

Your welcome Danielle, glad you enjoyed them! :O)

And your right everything tastes different....but better!

xxx

Back