Refeeding from tomorrow.

IrishMum

A little of everything!
Well, I've decided. Refeed is from tomorrow. I'm still bleeding, and have a gp's app. in the morning to see whats going on? My weight is all over the place (up & down 2-3lbs every morning!) which I know can happen, but it hasn't been this crazy until now! So I figure my system is screwed up somehow.

I am now officially the lightest weight I've been in over 25yrs. I have lost the equivilent of my 2yr old daughter (I can't believe I used to carry her around permanently- I struggle to carry her for 10mins!!:eek:) I need to learn to appreciate how far I've come, and forget what a disaster the last few weeks have been!

My refeed schedule will run like last time- I'm going to do day 1 twice, day 2 twice, day 3 twice etc.etc for a two-week period. Carbs (particularly breads/cereals) are my problem, so I'll be watching what types I have during this time.

I'm scared, yet excited. I don't expect to lose anything during refeed, but if I get through it and onto maintainence without gaining anything I'll be thrilled!!

After refeed, I plan to allow myself a 3lb 'window' within my finishing weight. As long as I stay within that range I'll class myself as maintaining. If it creeps up a bit I'll reassess my diet and see what adjustments to make to get it back down again. I need to stay positive. I need to learn to appreciate the effort that has gone into losing this weight, and learn how to keep it off for good! I know I haven't lost as much as some of you Ladies, but it has made a world of difference to me.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings, and moans. I promise to try to be more upbeat from now on- positivity all the way!!!:D

dont be so hard on yourself hun you have done great , you gt to do wot you feel right for you and your body .i can emagine that you have put alot of thought into the way you are going to go with this .as for the weight that you have lost it my not be as much as some but it alot for you and so you have done great and i wish you the best with the road that you take hunni .

Aww, Thanks Lisa. That means a lot. Everyones journey is the most important to them, and it's hard not to end up comparing losses & achievements. I just have to kick myself and realise I've done great for me. Nothing else had shifted the weight, and here I am over 2 stone down, and able to shop anywhere!
Good luck on your journey too, it'll be no time before you're crossing over into the 'dark' side of refeeding! LOL!

wahey!!!!!!!!!!! welcome to my side chicka!! :)
I hope the doc figures out the reason behind your totm but it could just be down to TFR and it may go once you start eating again.

Good idea to have a 3lb window - im still undecided what to do after refeed - i know i wont be on any form of diet and it will be calorie/portion control but as for the window thing i think maybe 3lbs like you sounds reasonable!:) Cheers for the idea! :giggle:

Whats your first meal going to be then my sweet? xxx

Aww, thanks for the support Tanya. I think you're right about the TOTM issue, but with my history I'd better be safe rather than sorry eh?
My first 'meal' will be:
Chicken breast baked in chilli flakes & black pepper all chopped up & mixed with chopped iceberg lettuce, cucumber, tomato, onion & beansprouts. It's defrosting as we speak!
Day two will be 2 shakes, and white fish baked in dill & black pepper with broccoli and cauliflower.
Will have a look at my last refeed sheet for ideas and post a diary to keep me on track. Fingers crossed my scales will settle down soon (because it's them thats skewy really...not me at all... LOL!)

:giggle: always blame the scales! hehehehe
Im going to weigh myself on my wii fit after my 2 weeks refeed just to keep check of it :) It weighs me about 4lbs lighter but it just tells you + or - or sts each week so is ideal :giggle:

Be sure to post a new refeed diary :D xxx

Hi Irish

WAW!!!!!!!! You made your decision :)

Oh Irish, I think you are such a strong woman, I really do. To have come as far as you have is incredible, considering how you struggle and suffer with the old carbs! You really deserve to be where you are.

I know what you mean about comparing,,it is all so easy but we are so individual, and your journey has been so steep, but you know, you never gave up!! There are not that many that can say that...so, keep looking positively at your journey and be proud of where you have come from. You have done AMAZING for you and no one else! The smallest you have been in more almost 3 decades!!!!! Think of that....amazing!

I hope you get sorted with TOTM, but yes, best to check it out with the doc.

I hope you enjoy your next stage and eating again. You did it last time; so no reason for you not to do it this time.

Have a great week and pleased to have you over this side :) :)

Take care

Back