Refeeding query

BigS

Real name Seán
This is the 2nd feckin time typing this now as it didn't post my last one and then all the content was lost so this is a shortened version !!

I'm starting refeed on Monday. I've been getting hunger pains and stuff the last 7-10 days. Does the chemist supply a full plan to stick to or is there an exact plan online to follow. I was planning on 3st off by my Birthday in 4 weeks and as it stands I'll be beyond 4st so well on target. I've also a GP appt on Monday as apparently i can get 3 months free leisure centre membership through the GP.

I have a few occasions coming up in October and may have a couple of drinks, including my 30th so now is probably the best time to get my body used to it and start eating and stepping up the training. This plan is the best thing I've ever done.

Hi Sean. If you ask your pharmacist they should give you a refeed sheet. This tells you exactly what to eat and how much for the refeed period. You can follow the sheet for however long you like but you must do at least 1 week of refeeding properly to avoid any drastic weight gain. Then it's really up to you to follow healthy eating or whatever plan it is you're going to follow. Good luck for Monday, I bet you can't wait to start eating, it's great!

you'll be given a refeed maintenance pack which will also have a booklet and a strict plan of refeed to follow. The refeed plan does state a least amount aswell as a maximum amount to eat, if you find it difficult to eat the minimum then just eat what you can from the listed foods even if it's just 1 or 2oz. Hope this helps

Hi Sean. If you ask your pharmacist they should give you a refeed sheet. This tells you exactly what to eat and how much for the refeed period. You can follow the sheet for however long you like but you must do at least 1 week of refeeding properly to avoid any drastic weight gain. Then it's really up to you to follow healthy eating or whatever plan it is you're going to follow. Good luck for Monday, I bet you can't wait to start eating, it's great!

Oh aye, after doing this religiously for 7 weeks I've no plans to deviate from the refeed in any way for 2 weeks. Thanks, I've never looked forward to a breast of chicken more in my life !

You will love eating again, the flavours are so great after being on LT. I was on it for 17 weeks solid so understand what you say about looking forward to eating again. I just love red peppers, they are such a great flavour. Good luck with the refeeding and take your time, there's no rush!

Bev...

Are your taste buds the same as they were before you started?

I am hoping that when i (eventually) get to refeed, i will not want to eat the stuff that got me here in the 1st place (e.g. chocolate), and will not want sugar in my drinks.

I know that i have to change the way i think of food, but was wondering if you are liking things you didn't before, and vice versa.

Sean I've been doing day 1 refeed for over two weeks now, and still losing good amounts - enough to get the shakes at the pharmacy. ;)

IKWYM about the lack of energy, but I seriously think you should think of half and half for the next few weeks - you get the satisfaction of proper food, and just do one or one and a half shakes (for boys obv) as well as a lovely protein meal in the evenings. Proper refeed introduces carbs after a couple of days. I think you'd be daft to do it when lipolysis is working for you and still have a bit to lose.

I'm running much better on this regime, and I'm still in ketosis so still burning fat. Win-win!

Go to the Atkins forum here and get some inspiration, you'll love it S, and it fits in so well with coming off a VLCD. :)

hi sean... jeez our stories are so mirrored! LOL and now you having the hunger pangs aswell...

our refeeds are gonna be different though, as you know i blended over to atkins...
to be honest the first day of food was not as enjoyable as i had dreamed... i was nervous about eating as hadnt in so long... im solid in atkins now...
all the best mate, let us know how you get on :)

good luck on refeed sean, hope it all goes well for you xxx

Back