Reset: half way there honey

Honey39

Phoenix Rising
New diary to do this. I have rejoined SW classes after doing it on my own and losing 155 lbs in three years. I have met the love of my life and regained about 68lbs in total. So, back to what worked and kept me happy. I had a weigh-in last Saturday and the starting point is 18 11, or 263lbs.

Here goes :)

I'm quite liking having Joan as my picture - feel some affinity to her after my partner said she looked a bit like me, and not even the massive boobs, but the eyes. Hah, he's a winner.

Not a bad day so far but then fell face first in crisps. Ho hum, keep at it instead of picking like a picky picker!

Last edited:
Food plan for the rest of the day:
- beef stew (slow cooked) = 0 syns
- peas
- 2 x Aunt Bessie's yorkies = 6 syns

Then it's off to the gym, and probably coffee and an apple when I get back.

Tomorrow:
- magic porridge
- home made pea and mint soup
- 3 x crackers
- fruit as a snack
- Pret skinny latte
- Jacket potato
- Cottage cheese
- Huge salad
- Gin and slimline tonic

It hasn't been an easy week to get back on track, but I'e got glimpses that I can get back there, I just need to stick at it. I like Slimming World, I genuinely do, and it *worked* for me, to lose 150lbs.

I tried 5:2 for a while, and while there is a lot there which does appeal to me in terms of anxiety around food and 'do-ability', I've come to the conclusion it's not healthy (for me) and psychologically it's off. I feel safer with Slimming World, healthier for definite. I just need to iron out my kinks so to speak. I know that weight loss is powerfully important to me, more than just about anything else. So, there we go. How lucky am I that something which matters so much to me is within my control? Very fortunate. And it's not about the big picture, or the milestones. It's about building up that loss week on week, so that I will get to a sizeable chunk off this year. That's what matters.

Hi Honey!

I'm going through a similar thing to you but on a much smaller scale. Well done for losing 155lbs, that's amazing! I'd lost 56lbs over three years and then went on a massive 6 week holiday around Australia and New Zealand and gained 20lbs back, and then when I got back I moved to a new city, started a new job, and also began a new relationship back in my home town. So for the last 8 months I've been stuffing my face due to stress, and I've also been eating out a lot when my boyfriend comes to visit me, or whenever I go home to visit him and my family. I've gained an extra 17lbs on top of the 20lbs I'd gained on holiday. Being in a new relationship is great, but it's not so forgiving on the waistline! Haha.

I just wanted to comment to say I understand how you feel, and it's great that you've come back to Slimming World. I only joined a class again on Monday this week, so I'm still getting my head around the plan again, but I'm feeling so positive and excited! We can do this :)

Hi Honey!

I'm going through a similar thing to you but on a much smaller scale. Well done for losing 155lbs, that's amazing! I'd lost 56lbs over three years and then went on a massive 6 week holiday around Australia and New Zealand and gained 20lbs back, and then when I got back I moved to a new city, started a new job, and also began a new relationship back in my home town. So for the last 8 months I've been stuffing my face due to stress, and I've also been eating out a lot when my boyfriend comes to visit me, or whenever I go home to visit him and my family. I've gained an extra 17lbs on top of the 20lbs I'd gained on holiday. Being in a new relationship is great, but it's not so forgiving on the waistline! Haha.

I just wanted to comment to say I understand how you feel, and it's great that you've come back to Slimming World. I only joined a class again on Monday this week, so I'm still getting my head around the plan again, but I'm feeling so positive and excited! We can do this :)

Hi Emma, that is very similar to me, down to restarting the class again last weekend! I know, it's lovely falling in love and being with someone, but it's taken me off course. I find a different set of challenges to previously, like how to cook for us both, and how to go out and not stuff my face! Also he's fit and naturally lean, so it's hard for him to understand my struggle with food and weight. I do think that losing so much weight previously has screwed up my metabolism - I genuinely don't eat as much as I do to be the size that I am. Ho hum, slimming world is the right answer I think, I find it a great way of eating long term.

Went to the gym tonight and did an hour of cardio and mainly weights (54 minutes to be precise). The stats from the machines tell me that I trained intensely (51), I had 583 moves and lost 384 calories. I don't pay any attention to them in that I don't 'eat' the calories from the gym, but I like to compare them against each other to see how I'm doing. So a good work out tonight, and now I'm having a glass of ribena light with mint and ice. Very nice :)

Yeah I agree, eating together is something I'm still figuring out! He lives 90 miles away from me at the minute, I'm living/working away, so I only see him every couple of weeks and when we are together, we do tend to eat out or have takeaways. My guy was quite fit and lean but he's started gaining a bit of weight too so we've both agreed to make an effort to cook healthy meals when we're together. It's great to have a supportive partner though.

Good luck with your journey, I'm keen to see how you get on. My first weigh-in is on Monday, when's yours?

Oh and well done on going to the gym! I used to play roller derby, which helped massively with my weight loss last year, but I haven't played since I moved away last August. I'm still trying to find time in my hectic schedule to start exercising again, but teaching is a rather stressful and busy job so I'm failing on the exercise front so far!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

Hi Emma, weigh-in tomorrow! Very nervous about it, because I think I might have put on weight eating so much this week lol. Ho hum. Good luck with yours! It's difficult to find time to do it all when you have a busy job, I think a lot of weight loss is really about time management!

Good start to today - having my magic porridge (oats, muller light and frozen fruit, leave it all in the fridge overnight in layers and by morning it's DELICIOUS!), and a coffee. At work now, always have to rush to work and have breakfast here because of a fairly long commute - another way in which my life changed over the last two years.

Last edited:
Half way through the day, and doing okay - had fruit this morning, then my pea/mint/ham home-made soup with three crackers, which was nice. And now a treat (Pret skinny latte) to get me through the afternoon without nibbling. I feel good, I wonder how much of my food addition/issues is down to sugar? Certainly everything seems to calm down after a while and not be so much of a struggle. That's what I want to remember, that losing weight wasn't hard all the time, just now and then. I wonder how much of it is fear of deprivation and all that? SW helped me hugely with just eating normally and not craving food as much, and I want to get back to that healthy and easy place. Plus I desperately want to get back into all the pretty clothes that I had bought!

Nearly the weekend and cannot wait! Just having my last cup of tea at work, and hopefully will have a weekend where I don't blow it too much. Going out tomorrow night so that might be tricky, and staying over in a nearby city. I think it's going to be okay, because I'll have the weigh-in tomorrow morning to incentivise me!

Done a spectacularly healthy shop for the week ahead, and had a jacket potato with no butter, and loads of cottage cheese and a massive salad. Very nice, and great for a Friday night. Partner had his with loads and loads of cheese and butter, sigh. Ho hum, about to have a gin and slimline tonic now. Fingers crossed for tomorrow's weigh-in!

Super quick update for Week 1 - 2 lbs off, so that's me at 18st9. My total loss is back up to 89lbs Bit disappointed not to have lost more weight, but that's a result so am pleased with that.

Hi Emma, weigh-in tomorrow! Very nervous about it, because I think I might have put on weight eating so much this week lol. Ho hum. Good luck with yours! It's difficult to find time to do it all when you have a busy job, I think a lot of weight loss is really about time management!

Good start to today - having my magic porridge (oats, muller light and frozen fruit, leave it all in the fridge overnight in layers and by morning it's DELICIOUS!), and a coffee. At work now, always have to rush to work and have breakfast here because of a fairly long commute - another way in which my life changed over the last two years.

I'm going to try the magic porridge, at least if I know I've prepared something the night before, I'm hoping I'll be more inclined to eat it instead of grabbing a cereal bar on my way out of the door.

Well done on losing 2lbs! Imagine losing 2lbs per week for a month - that's over half a stone lost! Every pound counts, so try not to be disappointed. Obviously we'd all love to lose more every week, but it's not always achievable or even healthy to lose too much too quickly. I'll be happy if I've lost 2lbs when I weigh-in on Monday, even though I'm still secretly hoping for a bit more!

Thanks Emma - good luck tomorrow!!! Magic porridge is absolutely delicious, tastes like a Starbucks granola or something. Top tip is to get a cylinder tub, and layer the oats, fruit and yoghurt in small layers so it all mushes in nicely the next day. Summer fruit berries give it a real tartness, I use the frozen ones and let them thaw overnight. Just off to make a batch of super free soup - pea/ham and mint again, because it was so gorgeous :)

Just a quick update. I'ts been a very busy weekend, but I *think* that I've done pretty well. Yesterday we had a meal out and I had a grilled chicken salad, which was nice. Today at the hotel I had scrambled eggs and two sausages and then muller light and muesli. No lunch, and for dinner tonight I made a sausage casserole with peas. And for booze I stuck to gin and slimline tonic apart from one cheeky glass of white at the end of the evening.

I'm definitely feeling quite inspired to stick to this - getting easier :) x

I've made my first batch of porridge, can't wait to try it in the morning :) I'll have to buy a cylindrical tub, I've only got a rectangular one at the minute and it was too wide to layer it properly. I've used frozen strawberries because it's all I had, I hope it tastes ok!

Well done on being good this weekend while you've been away, it's definitely not easy!

Hope you enjoy it, Emma!

Monday morning and feeling pretty good about the Slimming World way of eating. I think that I’m starting to lose weight, or at least I feel less bloaty. And it’s the weird thing, but once I start losing I feel motivated to carry on. So gotta keep going with this. Today I’ve had magic porridge, an apple and a banana. The rest of the day =
- Pea/mint/ham soup (syn-free)
- Crackers x 3 (4.5 syns)
- Latte from Pret (skinny) – (3 syns)
- Apple (free)
- Noodles (free)
- Stir fry (free)
- Prawns (free)
- Sainsburys black bean stir fry sauce (3.5 – ouch!)

So I’m running at 11 syns on my planned intake, and I’m going to try and save the 4 syns for the weekend. I think everything has been calculated in, fingers crossed!

Going to have a little read of the site for some inspiration. I’m enjoying the food, and my skin looks radiant at the moment, which is probably down to the shot of hot water and apple cider vinegar I’m having every day!

Onwards and downwards x

Lunchtime been and gone, and stuck to the plan - just popping out to buy some more shoes for the holiday coming up.And going to get a skinny latte from Pret which helps me through the afternoon! Am feeling quite strong just now, I wonder if it's getting back in the groove and not having sugar etc that does it? It's genuinely not a struggle right now, which is a great thing to feel and remember. I always anticipate it being hard work, and it just isn't at the moment.

Adding in an Options Belgian Choc - butterscotch. I think this is 1.5 syns, certainly hope so anyway! Taking my syns up to 12.5. Probably need to dial back on something here, but hard to see where to make a cut! x

So yesterday was a good day on track, didn't over eat and stuck to the plan. Feeling great about that! Food plan today is:

- magic porridge (oats - HEXB, muller light (F) and frozen cherries (F) )
- banana (F)
- fruit as snack (F)
- pea/mint/ham soup (F); 3 x crackers (4.5)
- skinny latte from Pret (3)
- salad (F)
- Sainsburys BGTY chicken and chili noodles - will check the Syn value out later, hoping it's not too high
- milk for tea/coffee as HEX A

That sounds like an okay day to me, I so want to see a loss on Saturday, just a cheeky 3.5 lbs :) Actually, anything that's not a gain would be good. We have visitors at the weekend so have been planning what I can cook like crazy, rather than splashing out and wasting this hard work. We'll see.

Another day back in the office, all very quiet here - everyone is away at a conference or something. That theoretically means I should be able to crack on and get loads done today!!! I'm feeling motivated though, so let's see how it goes.

Well done on a good couple of days! I enjoyed the oats and the yoghurt, but the frozen strawberries were awful! They were quite sweet but also quite bitter at the same time. Not a nice taste. Might have to get mixed berries or cherries next time. Frozen cherries sound yummy!

Back