Resistance wearing thin!

Guenevere

Getting married July 2011
I think I my dedication to LT may be waning.
I'm having a big party tonight, cooking for 13 people for the bfs birthday. Lasagne, Garlic bread, salad, chocolate cake, Orange-berry cake, and Caramel strawberry Pavalova. I've cooked big partys on LT before but this time is much much harder for some reason! Maybe because my weight loss is getting very slow.
I had said I wouldn't come off LT for a break until 26th July, which is 4 more weeks away. I'm scared if I don't make it to the 26th that I will feel so down, that I'll just eat my way through the rest of the summer!
Help!

Guen

Ah Guen ...Jesus is it any wonder girl. With a menu that that it would hurt any of us but i don't suppose u could serve them dog food either as it is his birthday.
I hope he bloody relises what a super woman :superwoman:he has there.
Come here .....:ignore: ignore the food and be the perfect hoast for the evening. U can do it, no better woman.
Look at all the weight u have lost and what u will loose. Nothing is gonna stop ya.
Keep urself really busy and drink loads of water. Lap up the compliments as u are gonna get loads.
Let us know how it goes.

37 lbs in 7 weeks is not 'slowing down'!!!!! You need to think what your priorities are:
1. Having a food fest - filling your face - getting stomach cramps and probs diarrhea cos your bod hasnt been prepared for such rich food - feeling crap an hour later, crying, miserable and having to get back on the wagon asap.
or
2. drinking ur shake, sipping water, grinning smugly cos you know this time next year you can have another party wearing something slinky - looking such a hottie - and choosing to eat the right stuff.

your choice a guess...i know what i would choose ;)

hugsssssssssssss

You deserve to burn twice the fat off this evening with such a selfless act, cooking such tempting food when you can't even taste it - wow. That said, no lasagne or garlic bread will ever taste as good as slim feels................ keep reminding yourself of that and go on treat yourself, grab a cold bottle of soda water and leave them all wondering just what has put that smile on your face!

Keep strong hunni, food is soooo not worth it and you WILL FEEL CRAP afterwards!!!!!
Food will be there when you have finished LT and i think you know in your heart of hearts you will regret it!
Just think how much you have lost and what put you on LT in the first place
one%20pound%20of%20fat%21.jpg this is 1lb of fat!!!! would you really want this to go back on your body!

Keep your chin up Guen, you can do this - as people have already said, just keep supping that h20 and concentrate on being the hostess with the mostest (soon to be the leastest!!) x

Hang in there Guenevere! It is easy to feel tempted but you know you will hate yourself afterwards. Do you really want to risk a poor WI for a meal? You can be strong and watch everyone else put on weight with the delicious meal you have made them! Just think - a good week and at your next WI you could have lost 3 whole stones in total!!! How else could you do that in 2 months?

Good luck Babe. Let us know how it goes.

x

Stick with it Guen, you can do it!

Your weight loss is not getting slow, it is going well. I had these similar feelings as I neared my stopping point, I think its just the relief of finishing and scared of leaving the security blanket of LT.
If I was truthful i reckon I finished a week or two early and now regret it, but I have not gained in 2 weeks and as from Sunday next I am
back on LT for a couple of weeks.
So if I was you I would sit tight, finish your LT journey in style and you will come out singing and dancing the on the other side, good luck! xx

Thanks for all your replies. You gotta love the support you get on this forum.

Nic, I love that picture. I am gonna print it and put it inside my food presses! That is just a brilliant deterrant!!!!!!!! Why don't they put that picture on take-aways n chocolate bars???

The party went well, and I resisted completly. There was that awful moment, when someone said "Guen, are you not eating?" but my boyfriend answered for me, and I filled peoples wine glasses and then they left me alone. For the first time in my entire life I enjoyed the party more than the food preparation!
I'm so pleased how much my attitude to food has changed. I saw the food I was cooking as "special occassion food" whereas before I would cook that for myself and the bf. When I was cooking I had left over Dulce du leche and my usual thing would've been whipping up a banoffi for the next day, but my bf is losing weight too, so it went in the bin. Same with the left over deserts ( some were sent to the bfs office), and the extra lasagne is frozen for next time people are coming over. Salad and berries are the only thing we kept. I really believe that change in mindset is worth more than my actual weightloss.
My bf enjoyed the party and ate what he felt like, but the min the guests left he was back on the wagon, wouldn't even keep an opened bottle of wine because 'it's just extra calories'! I loved him so much in that moment!!!

Guen

woooohoooooooooooooooooo u rock girlie!!! I knew you could do it!!

All power to ya hun - yesterday showed you you are no longer ruled by food - that is soooo brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well chuft for ya! :D

good for you Guen x

Sounds like u had a ball. Fair play to u for getting through it (as i knew you would). Hope u see big results this week cause u deserve it.

Well done hun, knew you could do it ;)

Aww fair play Guen...You rock...x...by the way, where can I get me one of them there boyfriends?????? Sounds like hes sent from the gods....marry him hun lol!!!!!!!!!!!

I know! Paul is the absolute best!!! I thank my lucky stars for him every day, unless I'm cranky that is!
I met him in the Rifle Club of all places, he is a Rifle range officer when he has spare time, and he asked me out the day after he heard I'd split with my X! The only places I've ever met guys that were worth meeting was doing something I was enjoying. Our first conversation was when I got the latest air rifle magazine and was so excited over the latest ladys air rifle, I barely noticed him, but he said he was smitten from then on, that I was the cutest thing ever!!!

Back