Restart - a bit silly before XMAS??

enlightenme2

Life is brass right now
I'm restarting after falling off due to illness. With all that's going on with the holidays, I'm wondering if I'm not setting up myself for yet another failure. At the same time, it is like 3 weeks away AND it's only a holiday, doesn't mean it has to stop or rule my life until then right?
So today is day 1 of my re re restart and we'll see how it goes.

hi there,
i restarted a week ago and was thinking the same thing and whether to just waut until after xmas and new year but im glad i did because at my weigh in last night id lost 9lbs.
i dont think it matters when you start you just have to have your head in gear, ive tried every diet known to man over the last year and failed as i dont think ive been ready to commit fully. strange though how my head is in the right place now so soon to xmas .
good luck to you and well done on your amazing loss so far x

I'm restarting after falling off due to illness. With all that's going on with the holidays, I'm wondering if I'm not setting up myself for yet another failure. At the same time, it is like 3 weeks away AND it's only a holiday, doesn't mean it has to stop or rule my life until then right?
So today is day 1 of my re re restart and we'll see how it goes.

Hey you, good luck with your restart. I'm not officially restarting 'cause i haven't stopped cd but been off track a while.....but today my head is in the right place too. I'm off to Florida in 2 weeks for Xmas and i'm thinking it's a good plan to get my head back in the right zone.....

You'll feel so much better at Christmas having done a great 3 weeks... enjoy it xxx

enlightenme,

I agree with Sunshine Singer "You'll feel so much better at Christmas having done a great 3 weeks... enjoy it xxx "

You are setting yourself for success -- by deciding to give it go!
SHOW ME SOMEONE WHO HAS NEVER FAILED - AND I'LL SHOW YOU SOMEONE WHO HAS NEVER TRIED

MM

I'm starting too, need to lose the weight I have put back on..

Good luck xx

How's everyone doing, day 2 for me.. feeling good :)

Hi Sarah V.

I'm pretty pleased -- I lost a pound this week. I know that it is very little compared to many others, but I am no longer ssing -- as I decided that I wanted to try and work out how to manage my weight, control my food comsumption and enact an exercise programme that will become my way of life.

I need to take off the almost 2 stone I regained (of the nearly 5 I lost last year) -- and so, far I have taken off about 1/2 a stone. I am now 17 pounds from goal. I have decided that if I am not very close to goal by mid-January then I will SS, as I have joined a Valentines Day Challenge to be at goal and maintaining. You are welcomed to join the Challenge if you have not already done so.

MM

Thanks MinieMel, might take a look at the Valentines challenge, well done with the 1lb loss, it's all in the right direction xx

That's what I'm thinking! Thanks, Sarah V

I have re started the diet this weekend and questioned myself if it was the best time as the office and home is full of chocolates, mince pies, cakes, party's and alcohol. But I will have to face temptation everyday and I thought why should Christmas be an excuse to put my life on hold. So like you I am going for it, I want to finish what I started and be at my goal in February.

Hi Mellie

I have re started the diet this weekend and questioned myself if it was the best time as the office and home is full of chocolates, mince pies, cakes, party's and alcohol. But I will have to face temptation everyday and I thought why should Christmas be an excuse to put my life on hold. So like you I am going for it, I want to finish what I started and be at my goal in February.

Hi Mellie,

The fact the holidays were approching and likelihood of my packing on even more weight led me to decide to do this NOW... or it would be just that much worse after the holidays. I have not made a lot of progress, but I have made some. And, if I am not well on my way to goal after the New Year -- then I will go "hardcore" and do it.

MM

Well after a week "off plan" I'm sick!! But I plan on using that to start ss 100% if only to prevent myself from touching all the goodies around me... Xmas, never saw it as such a threat before!!!

Back