Restart - all help greatfully received!!

Tash86

Hello!

I'm crawling back the forum ashamed and embarrassed!! :( To be fair I never really left as read it everyday I’ve just been too embarrassed to post! I lost 5 stone last year with LL and then CD and have managed to put 2 stone back on in less than 6 months :eek:. I got down to 10.10 at my lowest - and was a size 12/14 - I looked ok i suppose but i've been large the whole of my life and looking at my after photos I do look a little gaunt (even though my BMI was still 26). Anyway - I went to this big family event were every single person told me 'how much better I looked' and 'don't you wish you'd done it sooner' and 'thank goodness you lost some weight' and this one a classic from my dad to my boyfriend 'bet you fancy her more now that that arse has disappeared' Nice!! :rolleyes:

Anyway - I sort of freaked out - i've always been really confident about my size - i've never been small but i've never lacked in male attention either ! And my self-esteem sort of went out of the window - how could all these people have thought I was so awful before? why had they never said anything? was i really that bad? That was september and for some reason it made me want to stop doing CD and start eating!!

Since then I've been starving and bingeing and messing about with all sorts of different diets - I feel like I start a new one every day - and the only thing that’s happened is that I've put on 2 stone and am back in my size 16 jeans! (at least its not my size 20's!!).

I've also been suffering with depression - I've got no confidence, I never want to go anywhere or do anything or be seen - I know its silly i'm actually still 3 stone smaller than I was to start with but i feel 10 times worse and 10 times less confident.

But anyway - I've decided - after months of deliberation and messing about that I'm going to re-start CD - I have about 2 months worth of packs left (I bought in bulk caus my CD was stopping work to have a baby!!).

I’m going to start tomorrow and do 790 for a week to ease myself in and because its my bf’s birthday next week and were going away which will involve eating out.

I’m feeling really positive and like I’ve really thought about this decision so I hope it goes ok. I’ve decided I only want to get to 11 stone this time – that should get me into my size 12 jeans again I reckon and I’ll take things from there. I’m also not putting any time limits on anything – its taken me 6 months to put this weight on so if it takes 6 months to take it off again so be it. (But if I could do it by my 21st which is 29th July – that would be amazing!!)

If anyone else is restarting or fancies buddying up let me know – I could do with all the help I can get!!

Sorry for the essay – wish me luck!!

Tash xx :)

Good luck with your restart.

I am in a very similar position and will be restarting on Monday.

I am getting myself back in the swing on the boards and stealing lots of motivation ready for next week.

Its going to be tough to start again but we can do it!

Yeah me too - I've read loads of stuff tonight - been on here for hours!!

I hope i'm feeling as positive tommorow - it is going to be hard but the days getting hotter will spur me on i think I refuse to spend another summer indoors because I don't want to expose any skin and its too hot to cover up!!

I keep seeing all these tiny girls walking around in little shorts - I'm going to be in them by August even if there not in fashion anymore!!

Definately think how much slimmer we could be by the summer hols.

I find once I get on here a couple of hours soon pass and I haven't even thought about food :)

I had to come off CD for 3 months as I had an op and after losing nearly 4 stone put 1 1/2 back on! I started back 4 weeks ago and just struggled from the start, cheating and eating carbs. I've lost 8lbs in 4 weeks which for CD is not good but this week i've finally managed to get back on track and SS again and am now back in ketosis. Good luck, it is hard re-starting but you know the results will be worth it.

Take care

Well done getting back into ketosis.

I too have tried to restart several times before and failed but somehow now I feel like my head is back in the right place and to me that is half the battle.

I am actually looking forward to monday :)

Hey Pickles - thanks for your post! Well done on getting back in ketosis - 8lbs in 4 weeks is still great - its better than putting anything on - I'd be dead chuffed if I could lose that again.

I'm looking forward to starting again too Lisa - I just feel like i want to be in control of my eating again if you know what i mean?!

One thing I am dreading however is drinking the water!! I always feel like i'm drowning!!

Hey hun, feel free to join in the 7 day challenge if u need some support and motivation!! Most of us are starting today xx

Hello Tash

Know exactly how you feel. Restarted in Feb but with weekends away and birthdays I lost the plot BIG TIME !!!!

Am going to restart again tomorrow and I am determined to do it.

Know what you mean about feeling depressed and not wanting to do or go anywhere, but we will get back to being ourselves again very soon I'm sure.

Good luck

Scarlet
xxxx

Just read your opening post and it could have been me!

I lost 4stone on LL/CD went down from a size 20/22 to a size 12/14 .... and then because of family traumas last summer put 2stone back on and am now a size 16. I too suffer from depression and have only recently started taking tablets.

Don't feel ashamed - we are human - noone will judge you and we're all here to help and support. So please come on here and keep posting .... oh and good luck!

Hi girls, can i join in with you all.

i have been cheating more or less on a daily basis and just cant get out of the cycle. everyday i start by saying I'm starting afresh but then i spoil it by a mouthful of this and a mouthful of that. then i feel guilty as hell.

I haven't posted on here for a while and i think thats what was keeping me on the straight and narrow before so expect some mad ramblings from me on a daily basis as i struggle with my demon.

I'm sure we will all get to our goal although the journey may be rough it will be a little easier with each others support.
Shar xx

cor i felt like i was nearly reading my story then :wave_cry:
ive re-started my s.s so i feel it for you its hard -then again it'll be worth it in a few weeks

ive found my depression is lifting since ive gone on the diet again

so good luck and keep that will power strong ;)

well, here i am back at work 8 hrs later and starting a new day. I,m determined to get through today without cheating. just about to have brekkie - a Caramel bar and a cuppa, then i'll start my onslaught with the water!! Tune in later to see if i manage to keep it up, lol

Hello!

I'm crawling back the forum ashamed and embarrassed!! :( To be fair I never really left as read it everyday I’ve just been too embarrassed to post! I lost 5 stone last year with LL and then CD and have managed to put 2 stone back on in less than 6 months :eek:. I got down to 10.10 at my lowest - and was a size 12/14 - I looked ok i suppose but i've been large the whole of my life and looking at my after photos I do look a little gaunt (even though my BMI was still 26). Anyway - I went to this big family event were every single person told me 'how much better I looked' and 'don't you wish you'd done it sooner' and 'thank goodness you lost some weight' and this one a classic from my dad to my boyfriend 'bet you fancy her more now that that arse has disappeared' Nice!! :rolleyes:

Anyway - I sort of freaked out - i've always been really confident about my size - i've never been small but i've never lacked in male attention either ! And my self-esteem sort of went out of the window - how could all these people have thought I was so awful before? why had they never said anything? was i really that bad? That was september and for some reason it made me want to stop doing CD and start eating!!

Since then I've been starving and bingeing and messing about with all sorts of different diets - I feel like I start a new one every day - and the only thing that’s happened is that I've put on 2 stone and am back in my size 16 jeans! (at least its not my size 20's!!).

I've also been suffering with depression - I've got no confidence, I never want to go anywhere or do anything or be seen - I know its silly i'm actually still 3 stone smaller than I was to start with but i feel 10 times worse and 10 times less confident.

But anyway - I've decided - after months of deliberation and messing about that I'm going to re-start CD - I have about 2 months worth of packs left (I bought in bulk caus my CD was stopping work to have a baby!!).

I’m going to start tomorrow and do 790 for a week to ease myself in and because its my bf’s birthday next week and were going away which will involve eating out.

I’m feeling really positive and like I’ve really thought about this decision so I hope it goes ok. I’ve decided I only want to get to 11 stone this time – that should get me into my size 12 jeans again I reckon and I’ll take things from there. I’m also not putting any time limits on anything – its taken me 6 months to put this weight on so if it takes 6 months to take it off again so be it. (But if I could do it by my 21st which is 29th July – that would be amazing!!)

If anyone else is restarting or fancies buddying up let me know – I could do with all the help I can get!!

Sorry for the essay – wish me luck!!

Tash xx :)

Hi Tash, I have just read you post and it made me feel all emotional, the people we love the most, are the ones that hide their feelings, so we feel let down when they speak out, I can also see that you have struck a cord with so many of us, so sharing your feelings has helped many, so thank you for that:D I also think that you have come a long way in recognising the need to do something before you put it all back on, i think that is fantastic so well done you. I hope your restart is easier this time as you know how to do it and all the postive things you can get from the diet and the forums. Take care and good luck on your diet journey.

Back