RESTART. . . .

xCoochx

Hi

I haven't been on here since last August when i went on holiday and my diet went to ruin!!!
So I'm back and starting again but with a few differences. I've joined a gym which is a big thing for me as before I didn't want to join one til I'd lost some weight. I have my other half also trying to lose weight so I have even more support than before. I now work full time so don't sit at home boredom eating through the day as i used to :)

I'm adjusting my diet myself as before, cutting out the chocolate, take aways, late night meals and all the other bad eating habits I have.

I've started this thread with a 2lb loss almost a week after starting my change of habits.
I'm hoping to be on here every week updating my weight be it loss or gain (hopefully loss)

Fingers crossed!!

Lost 1lb this week although I'm not due to way in til Monday I just couldn't wait that long!
Weigh in on Monday again anyway though lol

My weigh on will also be Monday but as its the first week I'm dying to find out how its going! Info had scales in the house id definitely be having a sneaky look before Monday!!!
Well done on the 1lb loss, you never know it could be even better by Monday! Xx

Just got back from the gym. Feeling really positive today. Going to ask my other half to take some pics of me as i've already had 3 people tell me I look different. It will be interesting to have before, during and after pics so I can see for myself.
As well as doing cardio workouts I'm also doing weights so I know I can look different without noticing a difference on the scales.
Can't wait for Monday :D xx

So much for a positive day, really struggling tonight!!
I've come so close to ordering a take away for tea. Felt so hungry and so tired I really didn't want to cook or wait for it to be cooked.
After a little battle with myself I quickly opened the packet of fish that we were supposed to be having so that I had to cook it. I'm still craving the take away, just seem to be unbelievably hungry tonight!
I know i'll feel so much better in the morning having resisted. I can't get to the gym tomorrow but really wishing I could. I can't wait til I can see the difference this is making to the way I look, it will help to push me on so much.
Roll on Monday and hope the battles with myself will have been worth it and show a loss again!!

Done some measuring today and compared to when I started.

23/3/12 :

waist - 41 inches
thigh - 25 inches
arm - 14.5 inches

today :

waist - 39 inches
thigh - 23.5 inches
arm - 14 inches

As i'm doing the weights as well as cardio at the gym I've been told I won't necessarily see massive differences on the scales every week but will see a difference in the way my body looks. So, I thought as well as weighing myself i'm going to measure my body every couple of weeks or so, then I have another little way of pushing me forward with the diet and exercise.
I've been doing a lot of reading the past few days and settled on trying to consume no more than 1600 calories a day as this gives me a calorie deficit of 700 from what I need to have to maintain the weight I am now. Plus i'll then have the deficit of whatever I burn at the gym. Inside my head I'm telling myself i'll try to have around 1450-1500 calories but allow myself to go up to 1600 so I feel like I can have little treats now and then (half a chocolate easter egg today and it tasted heavenly!!).
I think, in time, i'm also going to factor in maybe 1 day a month where I can go out for a meal, have a take away or cook any meal I choose. I don't feel ready to do this yet I have almost zero willpower and feel like if i do this anytime soon i'll just slide straight back to how I was.

Had some very bad news this week regarding my Grandma which has made me sit back even more and think about how i'm living (or not) my life. I can't stand the thought of having one more holiday, shopping trip or night out being the size that I am. I'm not living my life the way I want to live it or enjoying it the way I should be or even making the most of it and this is going to change!!
Another big decision i'm making is to quit smoking! Now i've tried this before and put weight on while not smoking. I'm going to wait til I have got to a happy place with my weight before trying to stop. I figure when i'm happy with how I look there'll be so many more things i'll want to spend my money on than cigs which will go a way to helping me stop and stay stopped.

Sorry this has been such a long post and for anyone who's still reading this far THANKS :D

Now going to have another glass of my 2 litres of water that I am also trying to get through everyday to help me beat this flab and get healthy and happy x

Another sneaky weigh in and 1lb down again!!
Been in the gym most days this week and i'm loving it.
Doing really well eating wise and have had no slip ups yet. Had plenty of cravings but even they haven't been as bad past few days. Really excited and cant wait to just get where I want to be and can't believe i'm doing it and doing it well :D
Quite proud of myself!!

Well, not been on as much as I should have to update!
Still feeling really positive and it's still working :D
I'm generally a quitter of things and honestly thought I would be back to my old self by now BUT no, I'm actually doing it!!!!

Weight when i very first started the diet was 12st 4lb
Weight today is 11st 6lb

my measurements last time:
39" - waist
23.5" - thighs
14" - arms

Measurements today:

37.5" - waist
23" - thighs
13" - arms

I'm getting so excited at the thought of what's still to come and can't wait to reach the 1st loss!

Back